HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#72 - 03.19.2012 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - NBC SPORTS

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Bickel is still in
Strålman is still out
Guess Torts wants the JAM in the lineup (both Strålman & Erixon in at once seemed to be too soft I presume) against the Devils. I can live with that...
Against the speedy DRW next game I expect to see Bickel sitting & Strålman in
AA skating is also a good sign
Really want to see a fwd lineup of:
Hagelin - Richards - Gabby
Kreider - Stepan - Cally
Dubinsky - AA - MZA/Mitchell
Feds/Rupp - Boyle - Prust

in a couple weeks
This team should be able to provide both JAM and evenly distributed offense

Old
03-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

From practice: https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

Quote:
Torts says Anisimov not ready to play, Lundqvist will start.
Quote:
#NYR lines: Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan Zuccarello-Boyle-Mitchell Rupp-Fedotenko-Prust

#NYR D-pairs at morning skate: McDonagh-Girardi Staal-Del Zotto Bickel-Erixon

Old
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Bickel is still in
Strålman is still out
Guess Torts wants the JAM in the lineup (both Strålman & Erixon in at once seemed to be too soft I presume) against the Devils. I can live with that...
Against the speedy DRW next game I expect to see Bickel sitting & Strålman in
AA skating is also a good sign
Really want to see a fwd lineup of:
Hagelin - Richards - Gabby
Kreider - Stepan - Cally
Dubinsky - AA - MZA/Mitchell
Feds/Rupp - Boyle - Prust

in a couple weeks
This team should be able to provide both JAM and evenly distributed offense
AA is out for tonight.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM
dccuse

not to root for a loss, but...

if the penguins pass us, we'll get either the flyers or the devils, most likely.

UNLESS we slip to the 6, in which case we get Florida, which could be a blessing in disguise.

Winning round 1 as a six would likely match us against the Pens in the next round, whereas, winning as the 4/5, and assuming the panthers lose would get us the bruins.

Interesting scenarios.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Nobody cares about New Jersey.

Get the two points Rangers --- No excuses. We're the better team with the better goalie, and the Devils are probably winless against us this year if they didn't have so many lucky bounces or calls.

And a big time for NBCSN tonight!

03-19-2012, 10:57 AM
NJ26Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Nobody cares about New Jersey.

Get the two points Rangers --- No excuses. We're the better team with the better goalie, and the Devils are probably winless against us this year if they didn't have so many lucky bounces or calls.

And a big time for NBCSN tonight!
lmao no..

Old
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
AA is out for tonight.
...in a few weeks...

Old
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Rangers' lead is on thin ice... Come out strong. LGR!

Old
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj17devils View Post
lmao no..
Let's recall, shall we?

Kink in the boards leads to a ridiculously crazy bounce allowing the Devils to tie the game late.

Goalie interference call disallows a tying goal for the Rangers with 3 seconds to go when he was clearly pushed from behind.

I never understand the "need" for Devil fans to post on this board. Is your obsession with our team really that much?

Old
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Let's recall, shall we?

Kink in the boards leads to a ridiculously crazy bounce allowing the Devils to tie the game late.

Goalie interference call disallows a tying goal for the Rangers with 3 seconds to go when he was clearly pushed from behind.

I never understand the "need" for Devil fans to post on this board. Is your obsession with our team really that much?
Meh the Devils have played us well this year. The only really bad thing to go against us was the bounce off the stanchion where Clarkson scored. The goalie interference disallowed goal I didn't agree with but I see why the ref called it, it could have gone either way. Regardless the Rangers did not deserve to win that game with the way they played the first 40 minutes. And the last game at the Rock they just owned us.

And I don't have an issue with Devils fans posting here as long as they're respectful. I post on their board all the time and there's never any issues.

03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
NJ26Devils

Quote:
Let's recall, shall we?

i have no obsession with your team. unlike most devils fans, i have a lot of respect for your team, their willingness and desire to win, and the history behind the team. however, historically, the devils have been the better franchise. and to say you have the better goal tender is ludicrous. i have nothing against hank, he's definitely one of the top goal tenders in the world right now. but marty brodeur is in a league of his own. the only thing that gives hank the upper hand is the age difference. i can admit some funny bounces in previous games may have helped us, but if you don't think the devils held their own against the rangers in those games, the last one especially, than you were watching a different game. keep in mind i didn't come over here looking for a fight, but rather to send a friendly "good luck" post your way. when i saw your post i felt the need to speak my mind.

edit: but anyway, good luck tonight, lol. should be a good game

Old
03-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
i have no obsession with your team. unlike most devils fans, i have a lot of respect for your team, their willingness and desire to win, and the history behind the team. however, historically, the devils have been the better franchise. and to say you have the better goal tender is ludicrous. i have nothing against hank, he's definitely one of the top goal tenders in the world right now. but marty brodeur is in a league of his own. the only thing that gives hank the upper hand is the age difference. i can admit some funny bounces in previous games may have helped us, but if you don't think the devils held their own against the rangers in those games, the last one especially, than you were watching a different game. keep in mind i didn't come over here looking for a fight, but rather to send a friendly "good luck" post your way. when i saw your post i felt the need to speak my mind.

Hank is better. He's never caught flopping endlessly around the crease

Old
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:

Actually, no, because Devils fans like to ignore the "history" of their "franchise" that includes KC and Colorado. Over the course of the "franchise", the Devils/Rockies/Scouts are actually still on the losing end of things:

W 1174 L 1246 T 328 OTL 56

Rangers:

W 2528 L 2460 T 808 OTL 87

Can't conveniently forget the bad parts of your team's legacy...

You can certainly make the argument, and rightly so, that the Devils have been better over the past 20 years.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
useref15

Just got tickets for tonight....Hopefully I'm not wasting my money.

4-2 Rangers

Old
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:

Brodeur is no longer "in a league of his own".

He was, but now Lundqvist is the better goaltender.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Win and clinch a playoff spot! No better team to do it against than the dirty devs.

Would be nice if Dubi-Step-Cally line could do something!

Old
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
16-2 final. Rewrite the history books by lumping all of the blowout wins into one frustration-built slaughter.
Given how TERRIBLE the Devils have been playing lately, the above wouldnt shock me.

And for the OP's line-up, please note that Bernier is scratched and Cam Janssen is playing (with Eric Boulton) for him. This move apparently suggests that DeBoer doesnt mind losing to the Rangers by the above 16-2 score, so long as the Devils win more fights.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Gdt threads with the devils suck everyone just sits there and compares the teams pasts or their goaltenders.

Can't we just talk about the game tonight that we absolutely have to win????

I have confidence well take this one we are ur against the devils.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

Are we talking about 2012 here or 2007? Seriously, can even the biggest Devils homer argue against Lundqvist being the far better goalie this year?

Old
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
dfine06

all i have to say is a must win and hopefully one that will get us rolling again. A shame to have almost the whole season in 1st to watch it fall apart in the final 10 stretch.

LGR!

Old
03-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Kensu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Are we talking about 2012 here or 2007? Seriously, can even the biggest Devils homer argue against Lundqvist being the far better goalie this year?
I hope he's arguing overall career not based on this season or last. Right now it's Lundqvist no question.

Anyway good luck to you guys tonight! Hoping for a entertaining game.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
SauceCheese91

Glad this game isn't till 7:30, have an exam till 8 then I will be booking it home to watch on tsn2. Someone start a fire or something to hold the game up a bit please. We need to win this game, don't know if I can handle another loss to the Devils this year.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
AA is out for tonight.
So is Kreider

Old
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
By being Chico Resch.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Ugh. We had better win tonight.

RANGERS =
Closed Thread