HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Tim Erixon called up (3/29: Reassigned to AHL)

Old
03-17-2012, 10:54 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Thought Erixon looked very solid tonight. Seems likes he's progressed well in Hartford. Sharp passes and solid positioning. Still getting knocked around a bit though. What did you guys think?
I have reservations about him. He looked completely rattled once, to the point where it was obvious he didn't know what he was doing.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Is it me or did it seem like the Av players were particularly putting the body on him more so than other players? Kid got knocked down a lot. Needs to bulk up, for sure

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Dorado*

Made some good passes . Still needs strength work but has def playmaking ability . Patience he is smooth skater . Some weighted sled work and good old fashioned
Bench press
Squats
Deadlifts to go with some plyo in the offseason could do wKnders

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:05 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Thought Erixon looked very solid tonight. Seems likes he's progressed well in Hartford. Sharp passes and solid positioning. Still getting knocked around a bit though. What did you guys think?
I thought he looked awful. He was caught out of position A LOT which left him scrambling a lot. He made a few good passes here and there but his decision making and positioning in the defensive end were terrible. Maybe it was nerves, who knows, but he did not look good.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Vitto79

he is a better option than Woywitka and Scott on D that's for sure. Stralman is getting shafted a bit here though. Eminger is gone as a FA but not a bad spare in case of injury this yr

Just keep throwing the kid out there on the 3rd pair and give him some 2nd line PP duties

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:49 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

I was really hoping we wouldn't need to see him on Broadway this season. I wanted him to get a full N.A. season under his belt, and adjust his strength training in the offseason accordingly, then let him come into camp and win a regular spot.

He's up here with the NYR with the same underlying problem as earlier in the season. He hasn't gotten bigger or stronger in the middle of playing a full schedule. Maybe he's a lot more accustomed to the N.A. game, but the major change he needed was strength, not keeping up with the speed of the game.

If we need to keep him up for the stretch run, manage your expectations about him or you're going to look foolish. He's no scrub, that's for sure, but he hasn't had a chance to do anything really to address his earlier season struggles.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Vitto79

Sounds like torts is giving him a look the rest of the way. Really hope he sticks for good and Sami goes for zuke

Old
03-19-2012, 08:15 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Just keep throwing the kid out there on the 3rd pair and give him some 2nd line PP duties
he is not ready. The team cannot start him in the playoffs and expect results.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
he is not ready. The team cannot start him in the playoffs and expect results.
I don't necessarily disagree but I don't love the other options. Emminger has looked disinterested even by his standards. Woywitka obvioulsy hasn't won the coach over. And I hate the idea of going into the playoffs with Stu Bickel in the lineup.

03-19-2012, 08:25 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't necessarily disagree but I don't love the other options. Emminger has looked disinterested even by his standards. Woywitka obvioulsy hasn't won the coach over. And I hate the idea of going into the playoffs with Stu Bickel in the lineup.
You and I are not far apart, Singin'. Problem is that while loving Bickel in the everyday lineup may not seem ideal, I like that idea more than watching Erixon get manhandled by the physical play. One can limit Bikel's exposure, not sure one can limit the exposure of a kid who is not physically ready for the league.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:56 AM
bathgate

Really missing Sauer at this point. Play Bickel against the Flyers and Erixon against the Pens. The only way to beat both is with solid defense and Hank on top of his game. We can't match either offensively

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:07 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Really missing Sauer at this point. Play Bickel against the Flyers and Erixon against the Pens. The only way to beat both is with solid defense and Hank on top of his game. We can't match either offensively
I fear Erixon against the Pens. His inability to compete physically right now, will lead to questionable decision making.

And for all of the people who are in a hurry to trade our young defensemen, now it is rather evident how precious of a commodity they are. A healthy Sauer included.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
bathgate

I really believe Torts understands how important it is to maintain our young group of defensemen.If you recall, as soon as Crosby was awarded to the Pens, we discussed the only way to compete with the Pens was with outstanding defense and goaltending. If Sauer is ever healthy enough to compete and Staal regains last year's form( he is not yet totally back in my opinion) we will have the back end to beat all comers. Torts has geared the team, based on its personnel, to compete in such a fashion. Yopu may be right about Erixon but Bickel has been rapidly deteriorating and was horrible against Colorado.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:06 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
For christs sake we have destroyed Philly this season...

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:06 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I really believe Torts understands how important it is to maintain our young group of defensemen.If you recall, as soon as Crosby was awarded to the Pens, we discussed the only way to compete with the Pens was with outstanding defense and goaltending. If Sauer is ever healthy enough to compete and Staal regains last year's form( he is not yet totally back in my opinion) we will have the back end to beat all comers. Torts has geared the team, based on its personnel, to compete in such a fashion. Yopu may be right about Erixon but Bickel has been rapidly deteriorating and was horrible against Colorado.
I think the team needs to move forward without Sauer in their plans. I'm not saying get rid of him, just I don't think they can count on him. He has a history of injuries and we've all seen how long it's taken Staal to come back into form (and he's still not what he was last year).

To me, Bickel has always been a law of diminishing return kind of guy. He's past the tipping point.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:40 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
For christs sake we have destroyed Philly this season...
In 1994 we swept the Devils in the regular season. An epic seven game playoff series.Perhaps the best in hockey history. The point is the Flyers are playing good hockey and their goalie is hot. I'm not sure we can get past both the Flyers and Pens. First place is looking quite important to escape from the East. The playoffs are different

Old
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
bathgate

Quote:
I think the team needs to move forward without Sauer in their plans. I'm not saying get rid of him, just I don't think they can count on him. He has a history of injuries and we've all seen how long it's taken Staal to come back into form (and he's still not what he was last year).

To me, Bickel has always been a law of diminishing return kind of guy. He's past the tipping point.
I sincerely hope you are wrong about Sauer.Until he was hurt, he was fantastic. If healthy, we have two shutdown pair of defensemen with DZ and Erixon/Stralman or ?? as a third pair.In my opinion, the defense would be amongst the best in the NHL

Old
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I sincerely hope you are wrong about Sauer.Until he was hurt, he was fantastic. If healthy, we have two shutdown pair of defensemen with DZ and Erixon/Stralman or ?? as a third pair.In my opinion, the defense would be amongst the best in the NHL
I hope I'm wrong too. But counting on him coming back and being what he was, to me is a dangerous proposition.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
I hope I'm wrong too. But counting on him coming back and being what he was, to me is a dangerous proposition.
Stupid Phaneuf...
I always disliked him...I dislike him even more now.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
Stupid Phaneuf...
I always disliked him...I dislike him even more now.
it was a clean hit. should blame his helmet for popping off and letting his head hit the dasher.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:26 PM
TheDave1022

Looks like Erixon sent back to AHL

TheDave1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Dangleberry

@stevezipay On layover from The Peg to NYC in Minnesota, but Rangers have sent Tim Erixon back to AHL

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
@stevezipay On layover from The Peg to NYC in Minnesota, but Rangers have sent Tim Erixon back to AHL
bummer, was hoping the kid could take a permanent job. Team has Woywitka and a banged Eminger as spares still. Plus Scott plays D just hasnt for the Rangers yet.

I do like Stralman back in. Still cant believe Bickel has done so well. Both will be brough back as RFAs so Erixon will have to beat them out in camp for the 6th D spot.....Assuming Sauer is back to claim his spot too.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Crease

He's gunna be good, but we have better options at the moment. Have him do strength & conditioning with Staal this off-season and he'll be ready to go next year.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 01:40 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Thought Erixon was starting to fit in. I take him over Bickel or Stralman most nights, but oh well. Next season I expect him to have a permanent spot.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote