HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets vs Calgary: Fail (or file) For Nail or Help the Kings get in

Old
03-18-2012, 10:02 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Do you believe in miracles?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
EDM

So Nash actually was on the ice tonite?

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post
Good game by Mason.
Cam good game, great move.
JMFJ was a beast tonight.

Moore has been shaky the last few games. He looks tired.
Moore looks over matched now. We should send him and Cam down to help out Springfield.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Speedy Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
So Nash actually was on the ice tonite?
He was that guy with the #61 on his jersey who drifted around the ice for a few minutes tonight and largely stayed out of the way. Definitely one of those games where Nash took a passive role. The stats say he registered one shot - sounds about right.

Mase was huge and was the reason we won the game. Hoping that Atkinson can turn into a Steve Sullivan type of guy.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Moore looks over matched now. We should send him and Cam down to help out Springfield.
I think they should stay up to "soak up the experience" of the stretch run here.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
FANonymous

Cam looked pretty good. Here's hoping he has a better 2nd year than Calvert did after his pretty good first year.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:26 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Cam looked pretty good. Here's hoping he has a better 2nd year than Calvert did after his pretty good first year.
Calvert is playing nicely in the AHL right now, should be back up next year.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:28 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Calvert is playing nicely in the AHL right now, should be back up next year.
Good to hear. I thought he was struggling last I heard. That could've been much earlier in the season though.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:33 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Do you believe in miracles?
I do. Didn't get to see the whole game but was excited about the ending!! How about that Camsanity!! Big atta boy to Mase!! And I officially love Jack Johnson. Awesome. Every time I see him strong arm the opponent, my knees begin to shake. Could be a long term affair.

Hope Wiz and Sandy are ok.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Moore, Calvert, Atkinson, Savard are all decent players but if they are the only guys we are talking about next season not even the green shirts will be enough to save the franchise... come on folks they are CBJ board favorites, all of them are depth players with a chance of making it big but hardly SCP winning type guys as of this posting.

There has to be some reason for the CBJ being the worst team in the NHL, not every player can be great...? Face some reality instead of fiction for a change.

Last edited by Robert: 03-19-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:39 AM
hsfgsteele

At the game tonight, was great moved down from the press level (nose bleeds) to the eight row! Notes from the game. Moore didn't have a great night tonight. Know he had limited ice time last game. Nash wasn't really that impressive save the couple bursts. Mason played fantastic, seemed composed. A couple times scarred the crap out of me but in the end really great performance. Johansen played well tonight, noticeable on the ice. Overall not a great game for the team as Mason really kept us in it but was a great experience, two for two in live games this season! Both going to the shootout.

hsfgsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:58 AM
EDM

Atkinson has the chance to be more than a depth player. So does Savard. I agree Calvert is s 3/4th liner and Moore, despite hype, is more of a third pairing guy. I don't know why they insist on playing garbage like Lebda and AJ while keeping Savard in Springfield. Makes no sense for a last place team to keep a young player down on the farm when he could be getting lots of NHl experience. I am sure Priest has a reason for this (Yes, I was giggling as I typed that).

Old
03-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Moore, Calvert, Atkinson, Savard are all decent players but if they are the only guys we are talking about next season not even the green shirts will be enough to save the franchise... come on folks they are CBJ board favorites, all of them are depth players with a chance of making it big but hardly SCP winning type guys as of this posting.

There has to be some reason for the CBJ being the worst team in the NHL, not every player can be great...? Face some reality instead of fiction for a change.
Damn Robert, you are grumpy this morning!

I don't think anyone around here believes that the Jackets are going to build around those kids, but they all do have good up-side.

Everyone is going into next season with their eyes wide open, realizing that this team needs major, major improvements. The problem is that there are 29 other teams that will be trying to improve as well, and as much as we might not like it, we are going to have to keep, and play some of the guys that we have now.

I think that is why 99.9% of us don't want Howson to be the one to rebuild this disaster, since he is the one responsible for the mess we are currently in. Admittedly, the JMFJ trade was a good one, but in my mind, any GM with half a brain can make that deal.

Being happy with this win, and liking the efforts of some of the younger guys in that game does not translate into being happy with the status quo. It also doesn't mean that people expect Moore, Savard, and Cam to lead us to the promised land. They could, however, be a part of that.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:08 AM
EDM

The biggest problem with Priest/Howson remaining in charge is that there is virtually no chance that any viable UFA will come here without a gross overpayment that will make them "country club" hockey players, ala RJ. Add that to the fact that Howson, despite the praise for his ability to add role players thru the draft, has not really added any star materials thru his drafts (pending the development of Johanson). Net effect is that we will have a pretty bare cupboard on the offensive side once Nash is gone and we will be multiple years away from icing such offensive talent.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Matt

I don't think I have every seen a blue jacket, past or present, make a move like Cam did last night. I hope the CBJ are paying attention to the new number 13 on Boston College. This kid is going to be something else.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:

Yeah. It's best to nip this in the bud. We can't have anyone getting happy or optimistic about anything or anyone, can we?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't think I have every seen a blue jacket, past or present, make a move like Cam did last night. I hope the CBJ are paying attention to the new number 13 on Boston College. This kid is going to be something else.
Actually, he made the exact same move Nash tried, but, as Nash admitted, he did it better! Rick, however, has frequently made eye-popping moves to score. Hope Cam can keep it up!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

You're right that they are not foundational as regards winning/respectability next season, but all four show promise toward being contributing members of the team moving forward. There is some upside beyond "contributing player" in that group, but for now I'll take it. I think this is what most people are seeing and responding to positively.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:58 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Dorse on the PP? Really?
Dorse has been on the PP quite a bit actually. He would be one of the few on the team with the cojones to park in front and screen the goalie.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote