HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Baby Blues

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2006, 09:34 PM
execwrite

vCash: 500
Baby Blues

The future is looking better

BABY BLUES

Schwarz
Bishop

Jackman Backman
Brewer Jackson
Wideman Woywitka

Shkotov Staal Oshie
Birner Soderberg Backes
Shishkanov Zigomanis Alexandrov
Stempniak McClement Glumac

Last edited by execwrite: 02-11-2006 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old
02-11-2006, 02:37 AM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
if they don't get Johnson, I too hope they draft Staal

Old
02-11-2006, 11:07 AM
milieu bluez

glad to see someone else give love to Bishop

Old
02-11-2006, 12:14 PM
kimzey59

1) You're forgetting our 2nd and second 1st rounder from this year. They may not be pure Blue Chippers like Staal/Toews/Backstrom(the more I read/hear the more I feel Backstrom is our guy); but they are still going to be extremely high end players. Basically: we'll be getting another Oshie and Backes on top of Staal/Toews/Backstrom(assuming we draft forwards with all 3 picks; that might not be the case).

2) I like Bishop also, but Bacashihua is probably a step ahead of him at this point. There isn't much age difference either. IMO at some point we'll have to deal a goalie prospect and Bishop looks like the odd man out(might be Beckford-Tsue or Barulin instead). I really hate to see him go; but Schwarz/Bacashihua could be a SCARY combo in goal.

3) I don't think Brewer has a future in St. Louis. If for no other reason, I think we should deal Brewer and pick up a more expensive #1(Redden/Chara/Jovo) to help reach next years Cap Floor. I know he's still young, but I just don't see him as a long term fix on the Blueline. IMO he could be gone as soon as the draft.

Old
02-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Irish Blues

Aaltonen should be on that list somewhere. Hoping Shkotov comes back may be getting optimistic, but that's just my own opinion; I don't expect him to come back, if he does it'll be a bonus. If you don't have Bacashihua on there, then I'm assuming we'll have moved him for someone who'd make the roster otherwise. I'd also flip Zigomanis and McClement. Finally, if Woywitka is on your final pairing you probably nedd to just drop him altogether and plug in a Byrne, Polak, or someone else.

Still, it's not a bad list.

02-11-2006, 03:00 PM
BlueBleeder

Backes - Mueller/Staal - Alexandrov
Aaltonen - Soderberg - Oshie
Lemtyguv - McClement - Stempniak

Backman - Woywitka
Jackman - Wideman
Jackson - Fitzgerald

Schwarz
Barulin

I'm very high on Alexandrov and Barulin, I'm hoping we can get them to cross over next year.

Old
02-11-2006, 04:11 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
1) You're forgetting our 2nd and second 1st rounder from this year. They may not be pure Blue Chippers like Staal/Toews/Backstrom(the more I read/hear the more I feel Backstrom is our guy); but they are still going to be extremely high end players. Basically: we'll be getting another Oshie and Backes on top of Staal/Toews/Backstrom(assuming we draft forwards with all 3 picks; that might not be the case).

2) I like Bishop also, but Bacashihua is probably a step ahead of him at this point. There isn't much age difference either. IMO at some point we'll have to deal a goalie prospect and Bishop looks like the odd man out(might be Beckford-Tsue or Barulin instead). I really hate to see him go; but Schwarz/Bacashihua could be a SCARY combo in goal.

3) I don't think Brewer has a future in St. Louis. If for no other reason, I think we should deal Brewer and pick up a more expensive #1(Redden/Chara/Jovo) to help reach next years Cap Floor. I know he's still young, but I just don't see him as a long term fix on the Blueline. IMO he could be gone as soon as the draft.
I agree with your point about Brewer.. I say try and trade him in a package of Brewer and a 3rd.. for a Top 10-15 pick...

Old
02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Quote:

umm... Bishop is 19... Cash is 23.. I see a difference there..

Old
02-11-2006, 07:21 PM
execwrite

Quote:
1)

Interesting response about Brewer. I just don't think he's as bad as he's looked so far. I'm hoping he settles down next season and stays in St. Louis for a while and plays at a high level. He's got more talent than he's shown.

Old
02-11-2006, 07:38 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
Interesting response about Brewer. I just don't think he's as bad as he's looked so far. I'm hoping he settles down next season and stays in St. Louis for a while and plays at a high level. He's got more talent than he's shown.
I completely agree that Brewer is a better player than what we saw. That being said, I am very worried about reaching next years Cap Floor and still keeping a lot of roster spots open for rookies. Every scenario I run through for next year has us signing at least 2 forwards to big contracts, and that's 1 spot more than I'd like to fill from outside the organization. IMO if we have to add 2 big contracts I'd just as soon pick up an established #1 D man and move Brewer for another 1st round pick(even if we have to package him with a lower pick(maybe Brewer and our 2nd/Carolina's 1st for a top 10 pick) to make it happen). That would let us limit our spending to 1 big name FA forward(probably Weight) to go with Tkachuk and fill in the rest with younger players which is what a rebuilding team should be trying to do(if the FA D man needs signs of competitiveness we can always ink a FA winger along with Weight). It may be an unproven lineup, but if the kids play anything like they have the past few games we might be in the PO hunt next year and the following year our Big name Forward prospects should start arriving on the scene.

Old
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
execwrite

Quote:

Here's a mock draft projection of those two picks from the Prospects board. I don't know anything about these guys.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

30. St. Louis (Car) – LW Ryan Hillier

ROUND 2 2006 NHL DRAFT

31. Pittsburgh – D James Delory
32. St. Louis – RW Cal Clutterbuck

Old
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Irish Blues

We won't take Hillier, at 5'11" and 184 lbs. he's got skill but unless he can suddenly grow to 6'1" he'll be a 3rd/4th liner. Clutterbuck has speed but is better suited as a 3rd-line checker from what I've heard.

Honestly, after about 15 or 20 opinions split in every direction about who should be 20-30, who's 30-60, and so on. Players ranked 15 in one person's list show up 25-30 in another, and someone 20 on one list may be 12 or 52 in two other lists. It's going to be tough after those top 6-8 or so.

Old
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
The future is looking better

BABY BLUES

Schwarz
Bishop

Jackman Backman
Brewer Jackson
Wideman Woywitka

Shkotov Staal Oshie
Birner Soderberg Backes
Shishkanov Zigomanis Alexandrov
Stempniak McClement Glumac

Substitute DJ King for Glumac to add toughness to the 4th line.

Closed Thread