HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tim Thomas

Old
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Too bad Boston would never trade him to Montreal.

dynastyREredux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:15 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
The good Thomas or bad Thomas? Players are like stock -- earlier this year he was worth a ton -- right now not so much.

Trade him to Washington.
Thomas loves going to Washington.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:36 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Alright, I don't think he will be traded because I don't think many teams will want him, and if he was traded, teams wouldn't risk much to bring in a 38-year old goalie that is past a prime that lasted 2 years and was heavily dependent on a system and the team in front of him, especially since any team that would think of trading for a $5 million goalie would want him to play the #1 role, and the teams in the position to look for that player don't have very good systems or teams in front of them.

Asking why Boston would want to trade "the best goalie in the world", as I have heard non-stop on these boards, is relevant to the discussion.
I could see Burke giving up a lot for him in an attempt to save his job. If he doesn't gt a goalie for next year, I'm afraid Burkie will sleep with the fish.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:03 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
Too bad Boston would never trade him to Montreal.
Why would Montreal want him lol

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
But.. But.. I thought he was the best goalie in the world and was going to play 4 more years!

I mean, I'm sure it's not that he just had 2 career years in an insanely defensive system on a powerhouse team..
Please make up your mind, is it Chara that's a product of Thomas, the Bruins defensive system a product of Chara or Thomas, Thomas a product of Chara, what? It seems every thread is different.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Please make up your mind, is it Chara that's a product of Thomas, the Bruins defensive system a product of Chara or Thomas, Thomas a product of Chara, what? It seems every thread is different.
Uhh, I think you got the wrong person. I barely ever talk about this, let alone flip-flop. But if you want to know, none of the above. Bruins defensive system is a product of the Bruins defensive system. No one player makes a system, though Chara likely helps it out the most. Chara is a great defenseman.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote