HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#72 - 03.19.2012 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - NBC SPORTS

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj17devils View Post
i have no obsession with your team. unlike most devils fans, i have a lot of respect for your team, their willingness and desire to win, and the history behind the team. however, historically, the devils have been the better franchise. and to say you have the better goal tender is ludicrous. i have nothing against hank, he's definitely one of the top goal tenders in the world right now. but marty brodeur is in a league of his own. the only thing that gives hank the upper hand is the age difference. i can admit some funny bounces in previous games may have helped us, but if you don't think the devils held their own against the rangers in those games, the last one especially, than you were watching a different game. keep in mind i didn't come over here looking for a fight, but rather to send a friendly "good luck" post your way. when i saw your post i felt the need to speak my mind.

edit: but anyway, good luck tonight, lol. should be a good game
I saw your post and agree the Devils have been the better franchise over the past 15+ years. I respect what Brodeur has accomplished in his career, hard to. What I will say is this, a good portion of his success is attributable to the system Lemaire had them playing and two hall of fame d-men not to mention the ridiculous size of the goalie pads. He is top five goalie all time in my book behind Plante, Hall, Roy and Hasek.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I saw your post and agree the Devils have been the better franchise over the past 15+ years. I respect what Brodeur has accomplished in his career, hard to. What I will say is this, a good portion of his success is attributable to the system Lemaire had them playing and two hall of fame d-men not to mention the ridiculous size of the goalie pads. He is top five goalie all time in my book behind Plante, Hall, Roy and Hasek.
Hard to even compare Brodeur, Roy, Hasek to Plante and Hall considering how far removed they are from each other. Post expansion, you'd have to say Roy, Hasek, and Brodeur are the only three in the conversation.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Bleed Blue 24 7
Tickets = Overpriced

Rangers > debbies

LGR@!!!!

Old
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
So is Kreider
He said "AA was skating and it was a good sign" - was just letting him know that he was scratched after that, smart ass.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
16-2 final. Rewrite the history books by lumping all of the blowout wins into one frustration-built slaughter.

Martin Brodeur gets pulled after giving up 3 goals on 3 shots.
Johan Hedberg gets pulled after giving up 4 goals on 8 shots.
Martin Broduer gets pulled (a second time) after giving up 6 goals on 12 shots.

Gaborik with the "Ovechtrick," passing Malkin for 2nd on the year with 43. Richards with a 10-point night, getting him near that PPG pace everyone expected. Hagelin one-ups him with an 11-pointer, propelling him solidly into the Calder lead.

Screw the Devils. Just win, baby.
I like the way you think

Old
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Hard to even compare Brodeur, Roy, Hasek to Plante and Hall considering how far removed they are from each other. Post expansion, you'd have to say Roy, Hasek, and Brodeur are the only three in the conversation.
Yep, gotta agree with you there. I might throw Tony Esposito into the conversation as he played into the 80's. The thing that sets Brodeur apart is the longevity factor although for a 6-8 year period, Hasek was the best I ever saw.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Tony was a workhorse for sure. He didn't steal games like Hasek did (and, I agree, I'd put him on top of the "modern" goalie list). You can make an argument for each of the three for different reasons and not be wrong.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

To get tickets to the game or not...

Old
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Hasek, IF he came earlier (He came when he was 29 years old, iron curtain, etc) Would arguably be the best goalie to ever play in the NHL, or close. He put up inhuman numbers and could make you go "How the ****...." he was amazing. and 6 Vezina trophies and 2 Harts dont lie. To me, he is the best. Even when he was in europe, he was great. He had a rough starting year in the NHL, then the rest's history.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Hasek, IF he came earlier (He came when he was 29 years old, iron curtain, etc) Would arguably be the best goalie to ever play in the NHL, or close. He put up inhuman numbers and could make you go "How the ****...." he was amazing. and 6 Vezina trophies and 2 Harts dont lie. To me, he is the best. Even when he was in europe, he was great. He had a rough starting year in the NHL, then the rest's history.
Got to agree with that. I still think Roy was better, but I always felt Hasek was much better than Brodeur.

I found it funny last season that Bruins fans were saying that Tim Thomas was better than Hasek. That gave me a chuckle.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Got to agree with that. I still think Roy was better, but I always felt Hasek was much better than Brodeur.

I found it funny last season that Bruins fans were saying that Tim Thomas was better than Hasek. That gave me a chuckle.
Thomas is never in position. He is brodeur esque. Hasek always had lightning fast reflexes and covered the net fully, and there wasnt a time where i doubted his tactics. People say hasek was always outta position. He usually wasnt

Old
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I demand this win. 2 points, and then I can troll all of my friends.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Thomas is never in position. He is brodeur esque. Hasek always had lightning fast reflexes and covered the net fully, and there wasnt a time where i doubted his tactics. People say hasek was always outta position. He usually wasnt
I don't know if I would call Thomas "Brodeur esque". Brodeur was one of the most sound positional goalies to ever play the game in his prime imo. He was just wasn't amazingly athletic.

I agree with you on Hasek though, he was great positionally and athletically. Doesn't hurt though that the man was a giant with insane flexibility. The one thing I always found funny about Hasek, was that he would always throw his goalie stick away on the scramble. Really funny.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
I don't know if I would call Thomas "Brodeur esque". Brodeur was one of the most sound positional goalies to ever play the game in his prime imo. He was just wasn't amazingly athletic.

I agree with you on Hasek though, he was great positionally and athletically. Doesn't hurt though that the man was giant with insane flexibility. The one thing I always found funny about Hasek, was that he would always throw his goalie stick away on the scramble. Really funny.
By that i mean they both kinda flop around a lot. But I don't think Hasek liked the stick lol. To this day, he's the only goalie I've ever seen with that level of flexibility. You couldn't beat him

Old
03-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

We are all in agreement. Hasek was other worldly during the time he played for the Sabres. Take your choice between him or Roy, they were both better than Brodeur, no question.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
By that i mean they both kinda flop around a lot. But I don't think Hasek liked the stick lol. To this day, he's the only goalie I've ever seen with that level of flexibility. You couldn't beat him
Broduer in his prime wasn't really flopper at all. He had a structured form where he would stay squared in his crease. Unless your talking about today, then yeah Brodeur is a flopper.

I would say that Thomas has more in common with Hasek. Both have an unorthodox style, and both use their athleticism to prevent goals. The difference is that Hasek was at a whole other lvl, and didn't benefit from as great of D as Thomas did.

Hasek/Roy are the two goalies that literally carried mediocre teams.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Fataldogg

I'm predicting Lundqvist turns it around tonight. These sub .900SV% games are starting to hurt both his chances for a Vezina and more importantly our chance at home ice. Five out of six games he has put in a sub .900SV% performance.

I'm confident he turns it around tonight. What I'm not confident about is getting secondary scoring. Dubinsky better wake up and start putting pucks in the net. 1 goal in his last 19 games... Jeze.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
We are all in agreement. Hasek was other worldly during the time he played for the Sabres. Take your choice between him or Roy, they were both better than Brodeur, no question.
Queue the Devil fans who can't realize that Brodeur played behind a trap defense all his life saying how he's so much better than Hasek and Roy. If Hasek played the same amount of years as Brodeur, it was projected Hasek would have like 730 wins or something

Old
03-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Affinity

The pissing matches between the two fanbases is hilarious.

I just want them to play a good game and not lose it within the first 10 minutes of the first. That would be great. Let's get that big lead over Pittsburgh back starting tonight.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Got to go with Roy. Roy took two mediocre Habs teams to championships. He won two conn smyths. He also carried one of those Habs teams during the height of the offensive era of the 80's(as a rookie no less).

Roy was also more of pioneer when it came to his style, most goalies have emulated his style more than any other.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 03-19-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old
03-19-2012, 02:45 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

I cheered for Philly yesterday and I still have cold chills...........

Wish he'd keep BB and Prooost together.....

I think we will win by four goals........ LRG

Old
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Got a good feeling bout this one...rangers have played well as of late...the results will come if they keep playing their game

Old
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Got a good feeling bout this one...rangers have played well as of late...the results will come if they keep playing their game
Pepper them with 42 shots. he's old and cant save 42

Old
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Pepper them with 42 shots. he's old and cant save 42
Agreed, if the Rangers pepper Brodeur with the same effort with Varly, he is going to leave rebounds all over the place.

That was one thing Varly did really well that game-rebound control. I don't think Brodeur would look NEARLY as good.

Old
03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Here's to a great game, injury free and full of good sportsmanship.

A win and their in....

Closed Thread