HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olympic break is deal-making time and Monarchs are a 'must-see' for scouts

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Kick

vCash: 500
Olympic break is deal-making time and Monarchs are a 'must-see' for scouts

WITH THE National Hockey League on Olympic break and a trading freeze until Feb. 22, look for heightened attention on the prospects in the American Hockey League as NHL deals are shaped and readied for the run up to the trade deadline of March 9.

Scouts are making Manchester a "must-see." The Monarchs feature one of the youngest and best teams in the league. Friday night scouts in the city's Verizon Wireless Arena included Gerry Cheevers from the Boston Bruins, Kevin McDonald from the St. Louis Blues (who doubles as GM of the AHL's Peoria Rivermen), Ken Morrow from the New York Islanders, Frank Effinger from the Minnesota Wild and John Weisbrod of the Dallas Stars.

The Monarchs' parent club Los Angeles Kings are in "buy" mode likely looking for veteran talent that can help shake off their seven-game losing funk (12 of their last 15 before last night) and shore up the team in its fight for one of the last playoff spots in the West. "Buy mode" means acquisition time.

Kings' assistant general manager Kevin Gilmore will not discuss, as is team policy, any specific players in the trade winds. There's also an NHL "tampering" rule that prevents such discussion. But Gilmore, in general terms, said the Kings seek a "solid" NHL defensive defenseman.

Link to full story.

Old
02-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Scottkmlps

DT should say this to any GM that calls: "You want a Kings prospect, you'll have to pay dearly b***h."

Last edited by Scottkmlps: 02-12-2006 at 01:07 AM.
Old
02-12-2006, 01:02 AM
swinginutter*

Tambellini and Tukonen better be off the list.

Old
02-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Let's hope they're there getting a good look at Yanick Lehoux. Kopitar and/or Boyle will happily replace him as a top line center.

Old
02-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Let's hope they're there getting a good look at Yanick Lehoux. Kopitar and/or Boyle will happily replace him as a top line center.
No doubt. It's been real Yanick, but hey, you just got us Darius Kasparitis (or other solid defenseman).

Old
02-12-2006, 03:59 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
John Weisbroad wasn't there to see the Monarchs. Why would the Stars and Kings trade with each other?

Old
02-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Reaper45

I hope DT doesn't panic and throw away one of the kids for a rental, or for a guy who isn't good enough to help us reach the playoffs.

I still have this nagging feeling that it's Jovanovski. Nevermind, I forgot Jovo is hurt.

Old
02-12-2006, 04:09 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Me thinks that the Kings won't deal Tambellini, Tukonen and Petiot (maybe Pushkarev as well) unless there is a player in his mid-late 20's worth trading for (i.e. Joe Thornton). The other prospects they shouldn't consider moving should be Kopitar and Boyle. Other than that, there are assets available that could be moved, and this organization has a history of moving 2nd round picks for immediate help (Audette, Stumpel, Cechmanek, all acquired for 2nd round picks by Taylor).

This may sound like a bold statement, but I believe that the next BIG name to go will be Vincent Lecavalier, in an effort by the Lightning to retain Richards and Kubina. Vinny is struggling to produce and has had problems in the past with Tortorella and approached Feaster with a demand to be traded. He got a lucrative contract in the off-season, but I think he'll be the next big center to go.

Old
02-12-2006, 05:00 AM
Osprey

I imagine that the Bruins scout was looking at the Monarchs for a potential return for Samsonov.

Old
02-12-2006, 09:46 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I hope DT doesn't panic and throw away one of the kids for a rental, or for a guy who isn't good enough to help us reach the playoffs.

I still have this nagging feeling that it's Jovanovski. Nevermind, I forgot Jovo is hurt.
No, no....sounds like he'd fit right in.

Old
02-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust

This may sound like a bold statement, but I believe that the next BIG name to go will be Vincent Lecavalier, in an effort by the Lightning to retain Richards and Kubina. Vinny is struggling to produce and has had problems in the past with Tortorella and approached Feaster with a demand to be traded. He got a lucrative contract in the off-season, but I think he'll be the next big center to go.
I think they'll deal St. Louis before the younger Lecavalier and Richards.

Old
02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Sybil227

I just want to throw this out here & see what people think:
What would you say to a Tukonen for Cam Barker, or Tukonen+(pick or other prospect) trade?
The Blackhawks have a number of blue line prospects, and their a little short in the forward dept. The Kings, meanwhile, seem to have an abudance of forwards, but lack a true #1 defender in the minor league system.
Or, if Chicago definately wants to keep Cam (I would), maybe one of their other blue line prospects- Seabrook or Richmond?

Old
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
I just want to throw this out here & see what people think:
What would you say to a Tukonen for Cam Barker, or Tukonen+(pick or other prospect) trade?
The Blackhawks have a number of blue line prospects, and their a little short in the forward dept. The Kings, meanwhile, seem to have an abudance of forwards, but lack a true #1 defender in the minor league system.
Or, if Chicago definately wants to keep Cam (I would), maybe one of their other blue line prospects- Seabrook or Richmond?

I can't see Chicago trading a way Barker or Seabrook. But if they were willing I would be willing to deal Tukonen for either of them.

Actually I think it would be Seabrook and a 4th for Tukonen or

Tukonen and a 3rd for Barker.

Old
02-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Fripp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I can't see Chicago trading a way Barker or Seabrook. But if they were willing I would be willing to deal Tukonen for either of them.
Agreed. Barker would be my preference.

Old
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp
Agreed. Barker would be my preference.
It's going to be for a veteran D-man.

You can't go wrong adding Some of the talked about, highly touted young guns in your guys' discussion...however, DT will be looking for experienced players.

Old
02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Reaper45

What about Darius Kasparitis? I know the Rangers wont trade him as they're in their playoff push, but he'd be a good veteran addition...

Old
02-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
It's going to be for a veteran D-man.

You can't go wrong adding Some of the talked about, highly touted young guns in your guys' discussion...however, DT will be looking for experienced players.

Unfortunately I am not too impressed with the "experienced" players that are available.

Old
02-13-2006, 05:58 PM
kingsfan25

As of the end of the Olympic break, pretty much the only teams that are assured of being sellers are the Isles, Panthers, Caps, Pens in the East...and the Yotes, Jackets, Hawks, and Blues in the West.

Mostly everyone else still has a conceivable shot at the playoffs. Now, when the NHL resumes play, there are I think 10 games until the deadline, which roughly translates to five games per team...there'll probably be a few teams on the playoff bubble who, depending on the result of those five games, turn into sellers.

However, I'd pretty much limit my perception of trade partners to the aforementioned teams. Off of those teams a few players I'd want are (and I've mentioned some before) Luke Richardson from CBJ(something about his description on TSN screams Aaron Miller to me), maybe J-Bow from FLA(many people around here seem high on him), Witt from WAS(of course), Simpson maybe from the Hawks(don't know a whole lot about him), and to throw in a forward, Parrish from the Isles(man would that be sweet).

Last edited by kingsfan25: 02-13-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old
02-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25

However, I'd pretty much limit my preception of trade partners to the aforementioned teams. Off of those teams a few players I'd want are (and I've mentioned some before) Luke Richardson from CBJ(something about his description on TSN screams Aaron Miller to me), maybe J-Bow from FLA(many people around here seem high on him), Witt from WAS(of course), Simpson maybe from the Hawks(don't know a whole lot about him), and to throw in a forward, Parrish from the Isles(man would that be sweet).
Richardson/Simpson - Could be had for a low pick

Witt - My number one choice for a dman.

Willie Mitchell, Filip Kuba would be nice additions for us.

Obviously a defensive dman would be huge for us, but I too would also like to see a top 6 forward, preferably a scoring winger. We have Frolov, Conroy, Demitra, Cammalleri, and also Roenick ( ) who are legitimate top 6 forwards. One of these guys gets hurt and we take a serious hit to our scoring. Parrish-Cammy-JR would be a cool line to see.

Closed Thread