HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#72|Mar. 18, 2012|Penguins at Flyers| (Part 2)

Old
03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Great game from Bryzgalov. He made a number of really strong saves, but most of all his positioning was impressive. Hartnell and Grossmann were our best skaters imo. Hartnell was at his best, scoring goals and trolling the Pens all night.
if Bryz and Harts keep this up in the playoffs, LOOK OUT !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:16 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
"We have to stay out of the box," Neal said. "We were getting a power play. Hartnell slashed Paulie (Paul Martin). I pushed Hartnell. He takes a dive. I end up in the box."

"That's the way (Hartnell) is: You don't know what to expect," Jagr said. "I played with him 60 games, and I still don't know what to expect."

"He's always there yapping or punching and some stuff," Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen said. "I'm really happy he's on our team."

"We had to change our attitude and the energy and the motion and the skating," Timonen said.

"To lose that way against that team, with him scoring," Penguins winger Pascal Dupuis said, shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment. "I don't know."

"He's (Malkin) good for a couple of (penalties) a game if you hit him and play him tight," Hartnell said. "You've got to know where he is at all times on the ice."

"We had our fair share of chances," Crosby said. "It's just a matter of executing, but they are a good team and they battled back."

"It was a playoff game," Hartnell said. "Odds are that we are going to end up with these guys in the first round. We got a point on them tonight. One step closer to getting home ice."

"I don't know if we were trying to be too fancy, but we wore them down at the end," Hartnell said. "Good things happen when you put the puck to the net and that happened tonight."

First place," Philadelphia star Claude Giroux said, "is our goal."
What's ironic about these quotes is Crosby is the only Pen that isn't crying.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
What's ironic about these quotes is Crosby is the only Pen that isn't crying.
He has been like that since his rookie season. I have a serious amount of respect for him. He's not the whiner everything makes him out to be. The rest of the team are little *****es

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
RoDu

So it's twice now that Malkin has tried to hit Roo in the head this year

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
He has been like that since his rookie season. I have a serious amount of respect for him. He's not the whiner everything makes him out to be. The rest of the team are little *****es
Been saying that since he came into the league. I would take him on the Flyers in a heartbeat. Malkin on the other hand, I would really think twice because I truly detest him.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
This.

I was extremely disappointed with the reception Crosby got from the crowd. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but I would've preferred if the reaction had been similar to what Lemieux got when he returned from his battle with Hodgkin's disease. It's one thing to despise a player -- that's fine, and particularly understandable given how Crosby has tormented the Flyers. But, seriously, there should be an element of human decency that factors into the situation. Have some respect for him as a person, what he went through, and what he means to the league. The crowd should've given Crosby a nice round of applause when his name was mentioned for the first time and then reverted to form and commenced the vociferous booing the second time.

The "Crosby Sucks" chant remains the lamest in hockey, but I know there's no changing it.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Pensgal1158

Pens fan here, not to troll but how is Rinaldo? That high stick from Hartnell looked brutal. Just wondering is all.

Pensgal1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensgal1158 View Post
Pens fan here, not to troll but how is Rinaldo? That high stick from Hartnell looked brutal. Just wondering is all.
somehow only got stitches, keeps his teeth. Either he has really strong teeth, or his mouth was open and the blade went between the upper and lower jaw missing teeth

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Pensgal1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
somehow only got stitches, keeps his teeth. Either he has really strong teeth, or his mouth was open and the blade went between the upper and lower jaw missing teeth
Wow I'm amazed thought for sure he was going to lose teeth, thanks

Pensgal1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 05:17 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Oh he's definitely a player that let's his actions do the talking...but he's had that "reputation" since the early parts of his career, and first impressions go a long way. He's definitely toned it down in the last couple of years and has kept it pretty much to only his gameplay.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensgal1158 View Post
Wow I'm amazed thought for sure he was going to lose teeth, thanks
The league is rather disappointed it wasn't a touch more serious.

(Sorry, no sarcasm smilie. I gave them up for Lent.)

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Been saying that since he came into the league. I would take him on the Flyers in a heartbeat. Malkin on the other hand, I would really think twice because I truly detest him.
Yeah Crosby plays the game with respect, and has never really been a dirty player, and stands up for himself. Malkin on the other hand is just grease, and only takes shots a guys with elbows or sticks...BTW does anyone else think James Neal is *******?

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:38 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
Yeah Crosby plays the game with respect, and has never really been a dirty player, and stands up for himself. Malkin on the other hand is just grease, and only takes shots a guys with elbows or sticks...BTW does anyone else think James Neal is *******?
The biggest ick factor with Crosby is that he's shoved down the league's throat by the front office and outlets like NBC. However, Crosby hasn't helped his own cause in the past with some pretty blatant diving and excessive complaining to officials.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
I have a ton of respect for Crosby, he's the best player in the world without question to me. Did he used to whine? Of course. Malkin I don't like though. Great sense of humor off the ice ruined by some dirty play on it.

My friends who are Pens fans are shocked that I respect Crosby. It seems stereotypes of the Flyers are more rampant than our own stereotypes

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Brozgalov

I got annoyed with Crosby mostly in his first few seasons when he was up against Forsberg. Crosby wasn't up to the NHL size/speed yet and Forsberg took it to him more so than others because he was the "next one." I remember specifically Forsberg making fun of Crosby's diving when he couldn't handle the match up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79GgHo3wHak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_UjqDFcEH8
Forsberg: "2 Minutes well worth it"

However, since then, Crosby has become less of a "crybaby" and has played the game the right way.

I think if we're going to call out players for doing stupid crap, we have to look at our own. Most fans of other teams make ridiculous claims about the Flyers, but we do have some problems on this team that I am not a fan of. Briere has and always will be a little dirty. We have all seen it and it pisses me off everytime he does something stupid. I don't care if we get a PP that wins us the game, it just doesn't feel right. Giroux I feel has learned from Briere and is starting to do the same thing. I understand he has been getting slashed a lot lately, but he overdoes the acting to get a call.

I played soccer my entire life and love the sport but I refuse to watch it because of this type of ********. Hockey is headed that way and I don't like it one bit.

Voracek is a real man. He takes a headbutt from Patrick Kaleta, and when asked about it he says that teams need guys like him. He takes a check from Kronwall and tells it like it is "clean check, it was all my fault."

My point, take the hit and move on. There was a clip a few years back of Handzus getting tripped up blatantly in front of the net, but he gets up and puts the puck in. I don't like players giving up on the play for even a second to look at the ref. Keep playing for gods sake.

All that said... I was a little annoyed with Letangs hit on Jagr yesterday. It wasn't a huge hit because hes a mouseketeer, but he left his feet on Jags. To me that makes everything he says null and void when it comes to hitting, hes not allowed to complain.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:58 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Is Byslma for real or just trolling? After Malkin tried to elbow Giroux in the head post-whistle? After Kunitz grinds Hartell's head into the ice?

What a tool. He's a great coach but a small man.
I only saw the end of the game so I can't comment on the penalties, but people who really care about something are more likely to see a bias against their side whether there really is one or not.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:04 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
I do. Simmonds almost whooped his ass twice last game. He just looks like an annoying ****** that would try to **** all his friend's gfs.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:52 AM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
This.

I was extremely disappointed with the reception Crosby got from the crowd. Not that I wasn't expecting it, but I would've preferred if the reaction had been similar to what Lemieux got when he returned from his battle with Hodgkin's disease. It's one thing to despise a player -- that's fine, and particularly understandable given how Crosby has tormented the Flyers. But, seriously, there should be an element of human decency that factors into the situation. Have some respect for him as a person, what he went through, and what he means to the league. The crowd should've given Crosby a nice round of applause when his name was mentioned for the first time and then reverted to form and commenced the vociferous booing the second time.

The "Crosby Sucks" chant remains the lamest in hockey, but I know there's no changing it.
Yeah, agreed. Why can't we just encourage our team instead of yelling names at other teams players? I don't care about them, I want my team to win. Just boo the refs.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Adam Warlock

Quote:
This.

If Pronger comes back next year by some miracle, I am sure the Pittsburgh fans will applaud him .

There is a reason Crosby doesn't have the same kind of respect Lemieux did, and Philly isnt the only city that feels that way.

Adam Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Pick87your71Poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
If Pronger comes back next year by some miracle, I am sure the Pittsburgh fans will applaud him .

There is a reason Crosby doesn't have the same kind of respect Lemieux did, and Philly isnt the only city that feels that way.
There's really not much of a reason. Well not a good one at least.

Pick87your71Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
This.

The only thing anyone can do is worry about themselves anymore. Only time I actually got pissed at the crowd (recently) was booing Mike Richards as if he were Scott Rolen. If they all booed Mike Richards for an entire, you know that they wouldn't piss on Crosby if he was on fire.

I didn't go to any of the three games this year (might still get my chance to go to 3 or 4 in April), but I've been to enough to know that the real good Flyers and real good hockey fans there do the right thing and don't let the Phillies/Eagles fans paying attention just to pass the time influence that.

People were talking about Bylsma talking about refs after the game:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Quote:
8. Pittsburgh Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma to reporters after Sunday's 3-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers: "I think, really, the extracurricular stuff was the turning point in the game. It was a situation where you know they targeted players after the whistle and didn't get penalized. I think that allowed them to get back in the game." That's called planting a seed.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)

Last edited by GKJ: 03-20-2012 at 09:18 AM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick87your71Poison View Post
There's really not much of a reason. Well not a good one at least.
I think when he came into the league he was bratty in how he carried himself. Granted he was a teenager given an NHL team to carry, so with that in mind he did a hell of a job in a somewhat unfair position. But as someone else said, first impressions stick. I respect him and his game now, but the over exposure while understandable, can be fatiguing (particularly to a Flyers fan).

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote