HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Hartnell's Next Contract

Old
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryb View Post
Wait to see if he continues this next year. I KNOW he doesn't wanna leave. I'm not adverse to something like 5 years for 25 Mil.
I'd be cool with that deal, think that is the max I'd want them to pay, 5 mil.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

vCash: 500
He's only done 30+/30+ 2 (counting that he'll achieve that this year with one more assist) out of the five years in Philadelphia.

His point totals in PHI:

64 (and counting)

He got 4.2 after a 39 point season in NSH where he hung between a 30-40 point player. That being said, he got extra $ for all the other things he brings to the ice.

He can easily get 5.5-6 here, but I hope it is around 5.0-5.5 for 4-5 years. Slap a NMC on it. Philadelphia definitely tries to set him up for success, perhaps he gives a decent discount.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Kaktus*

4 years at 4M a year or 6 years at 3.5

he is getting older and injuries will start very soon.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

What is that predicated on ? Just his age?

He's been an ironman historically.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post

I can't see him taking a cut... when on the Open Market he is almost certain to get a nice increase... Homer has to watch the Cap but he also has to find a fair number on both dollars and years for both sides. I don't think he wants to insult Hartnell, but I believe he can trade dollars for years and a clause, if he is fair... $3.5 would surely make him test the waters, no matter the number of years. I don't think we will see any more ridiculously loooong contracts reducing the Cap hit.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:

Yeah, that's not going to happen unless he comes out next year and falls apart. He'll quite easily get 4 years at 5M-5.5M if he puts up a similar season next year.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Prongo
Beer

I think it would be best just to wait it out and see what he is like closer to next years all star game. If he is still playing well along side of Giroux then resign him. Homer is pretty good at getting good value in his contracts(cap wise).

Something like 5.5, 5, 4.75, 4.

I don't like giving him more then 4 years because of the type of game he plays but it wouldn't be a bad deal for both sides. I just think it would be wise to wait it out with him.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Unstable

Wait until well into next season, for sure.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM
JGalt

I think anyone who thinks he would take less than $5m per, TODAY, is nuts. If he puts up another year like this, $6m will be a discount barring him signing one of those front loaded/rest of your natural life contracts.

JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
whskybarJM

flyers are going to offer him a 4 year 5.5mil contract

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Flyerfan808

2 Things:

1) After the seaon he has been having and his exposure during 24/7 I think 29 other teams will be interested and someone will offer him 6M per season.

2) If you were him would you want to stay?

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 05:52 PM
G Money

Before this year i think he was on his way to 3-4 per year now since ruutu hemsky and grabovski getting as much as they did i see him getting at least 5.5. I think he was out of here before his move to the first line. I hope he buys G something nice.

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:

lol he'd definitely sign that contract

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
BrindamoursNose

I"m curious to see how the contract goes. But I'm not holding my breath on the figures.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Top Cheese Danish

He will have many, many offers after this year. He's so loyal to Philly that a part of me wants to say he'd take a pay cut to stay (and to keep playing with G), but on the other hand, didn't he lose a bunch of money in his messy divorce? He may leave for a big offer.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinSandwich View Post
He will have many, many offers after this year. He's so loyal to Philly that a part of me wants to say he'd take a pay cut to stay (and to keep playing with G), but on the other hand, didn't he lose a bunch of money in his messy divorce? He may leave for a big offer.
Next season he is still under contract with the Flyers... his final season... no offers can be tendered until 7/1/13 when he becomes an UFA. Everything before than would have to be an against the Rules communicated one.

The Flyers should lock him up before the Trade Deadline if they plan on doing it... or else the contract rises considerably I'd imagine.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
Before this year i think he was on his way to 3-4 per year now since ruutu hemsky and grabovski getting as much as they did i see him getting at least 5.5. I think he was out of here before his move to the first line. I hope he buys G something nice.
Hartnell had two excellent seasons with us. This is Grabovsky and Ruutu's 1st UFA contracts. If he wants to stay with us make the same amount. We want to win SC. With Hartnell making 4.5-5M for next 5 years is just way too much for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
2 Things:

1) After the seaon he has been having and his exposure during 24/7 I think 29 other teams will be interested and someone will offer him 6M per season.

Hartnell is going to be almost 32 years old when his current contract expires. I understand that he is having an excellent season but we better pass on Hartnell at 6 or 5 million. 6 years deal at 3.5-3.75M will take him to 38 years old. In last 5 years he did not break 50pts mark 3 times.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 03-19-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old
03-19-2012, 08:57 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

I'd give him 5 a season (not for 5 yrs but..). He's the true hard core sacrificial player that makes every line he's on a winner. You wonder why briere sucks now? no more hartnell. he rhino charges the net without thinking. he's probably our best player but we don't want to admit it. He should be captain and for some reason nobody would want it cause he's not all fancy pants like this new breed of shootout player with the dipsey doos. he's old school craziness and durable as hell.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I'd give him 5 a season (not for 5 yrs but..). He's the true hard core sacrificial player that makes every line he's on a winner. You wonder why briere sucks now? no more hartnell. he rhino charges the net without thinking. he's probably our best player but we don't want to admit it. He should be captain and for some reason nobody would want it cause he's not all fancy pants like this new breed of shootout player with the dipsey doos. he's old school craziness and durable as hell.
This ^^^^^^

haha That about sums it up.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I bet Hartnell re-signs at a fair price personally. I believe that he genuinely likes playing in Philadelphia and is comfortable in the city. Having seen his bachelor pad, I expect him to seek comfort and security over top dollars, so he may be willing to take slightly less dollars for term (4-5 years).
If he likes the city there is nothing stopping him from living out his retirmenet days there. He has a short window to make a boatload of money and seeing what other players are getting, he'll likely go elsewhere instead of staying for cheap. Richards and Carter took discounts and got dealt, look at Leino, Grabovski, they both went for the money. Leaf fans thought Grabovski would get under $5 million, they figured $4.5 would be a steal because he likes the city, well look at how that worked out. Grabovski knew the Leafs needed him more than he needed them so he got a good number of years and $5.5 million.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Part of the Hartnell equation will be 1) JVR 2) How well he plays next year

If he looks to do another 30/30.. try to extend him earlier than later and for less.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
2 Things:

I guarantee he wants to stay. He;'s about to turn 30, why would he want to pick up and start over somewhere? It's not like this is Columbus or Tampa Bay. This is Philly.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
RyK15*

He's too important to let walk. Every line he plays on clicks. Also, everybody in the league hates him, the guy agitates everybody and produces while doing it. Guy's a model Flyer. I can't imagine him playing for a different team.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Captain? wtf... Really?

Old
03-20-2012, 12:19 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Buddy you are right as rain. As far as captaincy....maybe not.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote