HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins| Sportsnet Ontario | 7:00 PM | Tank vs Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I think I'm on board for firing Burke now.

This team is useless. He hasn't delivered what he promised. Truculent is what he said this team would be and yet we are the softest team in the league (probably).

Yeah, he's made some nice trades. But really, he's done nothing. Phaneuf should not be the captain, and the Kessel trade should not have been made. Kessel's a phenomenal player but you don't make that trade at the beginning of a re-build/tool, ESPECIALLY when you want this to be a truculent team.

So frustrating watching this joke of a team. Bring in a GM who will make things happen please. We're missing a TON of pieces.
i am almost at my wits' end too. the heat is on burke now.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Really this is a game you look and see who you want back next year, right now I see no leadership at all from our core guys, no fight or push back. It's obvious Kessel and Phaneuf are not the guys this team builds it's team around.

Gilmour would have pitchforked someone by now, Clark would have nailed an opponent, even Sundin would have shown some disgust. I see nothing from our guys. Pathetic, pathetic job by all. Burke has failed so badly, assembling a bunch of smurfs that look more smurf like than the Habs.
Yeah...at least the Habs despite being soft made the ****ing playoffs. Leafs are just a fake tough team with zero leadership..and Burke thinks he has a blueprint...

I wish I could see that blueprint, I just want to know when the Leafs make the playoffs in that blue print because at the rate it is going, we MIGHT make the playoffs in 2067.

Old
King of Arcadia

Quote:

This team is useless. He hasn't delivered what he promised. Truculent is what he said this team would be and yet we are the softest team in the league (probably).

Yeah, he's made some nice trades. But really, he's done nothing. Phaneuf should not be the captain, and the Kessel trade should not have been made. Kessel's a phenomenal player but you don't make that trade at the beginning of a re-build/tool, ESPECIALLY when you want this to be a truculent team.

So frustrating watching this joke of a team. Bring in a GM who will make things happen please. We're missing a TON of pieces.
tough order for anyone to come in and take over. really they need another blow up because they got it wrong again this time. as for kessel, trade him at the draft. what would be worse, just missing the playoffs every year or missing the playoffs and starting to build a solid foundation. i hear pierre gauthier might be looking for a job!

Old
R3g0rZ
I cry your pardon

a very dominant sweep by Boston this year

Old
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

Have only seen a bit of this game, looks nasty tho. How many fights have there been?

Old
Lilou
t-.-t

Retool on the fly is working great. Connolly have a brother they can sign too?

Old
Soul Vibe Funk

This team is ****ing trash. All of you should be embarrassed for supporting such a patheic team.

Old
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post

Old
despotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Boston came out of their slum in a big way.
No they are not! They are just playing the leafs ...

Old
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Quote:
Really this is a game you look and see who you want back next year, right now I see no leadership at all from our core guys, no fight or push back. It's obvious Kessel and Phaneuf are not the guys this team builds it's team around.
I don't think this is a game where you make that decision, but it's a game that weighs heavily in your decision-making process. There's no fight or pushback from anyone at all, and the goaltenders aren't doing themselves any favours (we can say they had no chance at all, but there were three goals where they most certainly had a chance).

If we're just looking at this game, you don't want any of these players on your team. Not even the ones who have been good in 96% of our games this year.

Old
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
I have a weird feeling we are going to comeback in this game, just something telling me.
Must be something you ate...

Old
03-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Will this team ever be good? I don't know how many years of "there is always next years" optimism I have left in me...

Burke should be ****ing fired if the Leafs aren't in the playoffs next year and we rebuild the right way so they can at least make the playoffs by 2017 when the Leafs have their 100th anniversary of which 50 years were ABSOLUTE ****.
If we can't get into JUST the playoffs until 2017, then we really are cursed. If a ****ing Islanders team in 2004 with Oleg Kvasha as their star player could get into the playoffs, we damn well can too Seriously it isn't that hard to get in, I don't understand how we haven't been able to sneak in ONCE in the last six years.

Old
Swervin81
Disgruntled Leaf Fan

Quote:

Gilmour would have pitchforked someone by now, Clark would have nailed an opponent, even Sundin would have shown some disgust. I see nothing from our guys. Pathetic, pathetic job by all. Burke has failed so badly, assembling a bunch of smurfs that look more smurf like than the Habs.
Well, you can't say that about Komi tonight.

Old
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The compete level on this team is abysmal. The heart of this team seems to be corrupted by some Matt Stajan disease where losing, being intimidated and sleepwalking is just fine if there's some adversity. I look at Connolly, Bozak, MacArthur, Kulemin, Lombardi and company on any given night, and if the going gets tough, it's over. It's not a size issue, it's a character issue. When a guy like Mikhail Grabovski, who shows up half the time is help up as a great heart and soul player, you know you're in trouble. Nothing wrong with Grabovski specifically, but I suspect on an actual winning team, his hustle and drive would probably be a requisite, not a special attribute.
Grabo's got cajones but he is a smallish 5.5 cap hit that is very inconsistent. We could live with him if we get some bigger, tougher players. But he's just one of the too many smurfs we have on the team. Do I like his courage? Yes. But unless we find a better balance of grinders, size, toughness. He's just one of the players we have too many of.

Old
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
How positive has the Leafs twitter feed been tonight? Oh nevermind, they've been silent for once. They will never post a dose or comment of reality on there. Always happy happy happy.
Life's peachy when you're making multi-millions while losing for 7 years in a row

Old
Al14

Quote:

Sadly, I agree.

Old
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:
I have a weird feeling we are going to comeback in this game, just something telling me.
I hope they get at least 2 shots on net this period..

Old
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauchamp View Post
Must be something you ate...
the 2 espresso's I drank with a shot of cognac. It'll give you false hope that cognac.

Old
Stephen

I think Gustvasson's derping goals against tonight might be the final nail in the coffin for his career in Toronto. When you let in this many goals (even in relief) and look that foolish on so many occasions, you're going to get let go.

Old
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
I hope they get at least 2 shots on net this period..
I'll be happy if they at least get a goal, it's all mental vs Boston, a bunch of *****es on this team.

Old
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
That the Bruins will only score 3 in the next period?

Great crystal ball.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

caps 3 wings 0

Old
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshy View Post
Well we're not gonna win the game. I'd like to see some good fights and hits at least.
Why?

Beat up n the scoreboard and beat up on the ice.

Season's over, just let them go crawl in a hole somewhere.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
weems

Quote:
Pronger has kept himself useful even with the speed of the game. I know he's probably a bad example, but if your hockey iq is high enough and you can get away with sub standard skating. The real worry is how much he coughs up the puck that has nothing to do with his speed, he handles the puck like a grenade. If Burke can make a trade for Getzlaf/Ryan/Nash and has to send Schenn the other way; sayonara.
Ya guys like Pronger and Gill get away with it because they have a insane reach and can routinely just wack pucks away from players. Like I said one of the big reasons he coughs the puck up so much is because he can never skate himself out of bad positions and is almost always making a pass from the halfboards and theres not always many options. His lack of speed allows the oncoming forecheckers to get on him so fast and he usually panics and makes a bad play. Schenn would have been a significantly more effective player in the old NHL where you could clutch, grab, interfere and generally just beat up the opposing teams forwards more. All Schenn's problems revolve around his speed and agility issues and until he improves in these areas hes going to continue to struggle.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
caps 3 wings 0
Good.

Closed Thread