HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps @ Wings Mar 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM ET

Old
03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Yep. The system isn't a static approach. Obviously the guys are struggling at it but the beauty of it all is, it can be scrapped on the fly and play the old system at any time.

I imagine opposition coaches may have a more difficult time preparing for us in a 7 game series this time around.
So 2 shots in the 3rd was calculated? Looked pretty static to me the entire 3rd period. This team needs to apply some offensive pressure or teams will score...a lot.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Bunindza

They've got an empty nut.

Bunindza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

2 points, gg

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Art of Sedinery

Why wasn't Orlov playing tonight? I'm assuming healthy scratch. I just picked him up in my pool with his recent points. What's the deal?

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
KnoccOut

This coach is very very very bad.

When Pep started coaching Barcelona he put Messi closer to the goal and the results are infront of everyone's eyes.

When Hunter took over he put Ovechkin in shackles n away from the net ..standing on the blue line instead of forechecking and the results are infront of our eyes.

The team is built for offense why they play scared and back off ... Well I know why.

KnoccOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing View Post
Why wasn't Orlov playing tonight? I'm assuming healthy scratch. I just picked him up in my pool with his recent points. What's the deal?
healthy scratch. struggled against speed last game.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
healthy scratch. struggled against speed last game.
Does it seem like it will be a regular thing? Because there are defencemen available that are at least playing every game.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Showed up.... So did caps.

2pts

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
ah ahem!
Only listened to Walton for stretches except for catching the last five minutes but it's amazing what a helpful PP will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Bipolar team is bipolar.
Jekyll meet Hyde.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:27 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Seemed more like Detroit played down to us more than anything. A lot of dumb penalties.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Seemed more like Detroit played down to us more than anything. A lot of dumb penalties.
I dunno. They've not played well lately in their own right.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:30 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I dunno. They've not played well lately in their own right.
Kind of my point

Old
03-19-2012, 09:31 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoccOut View Post

When Pep started coaching Barcelona he put Messi closer to the goal and the results are infront of everyone's eyes.

When Hunter took over he put Ovechkin in shackles n away from the net ..standing on the blue line instead of forechecking and the results are infront of our eyes.

The team is built for offense why they play scared and back off ... Well I know why.
messi and ovechkin are two different players in two very very different sports

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Just got done watching. What a first period! The third not so much, but they did play last night...

i guess we should ***** and whine for 4 pages every game from now on.

Great win, we ****ing needed it.

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Brian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
That's Hunter hockey.....playing like a scared coach....which is unreal considering the player he was.
It is and it isn't.

Sometimes a guy just doesn't trust anyone else to do the job he did and won't give it or promote it as such. I still don't think Hunter is the coach for us as I don't think you should EVER go into prevent unless its like the last 8 to 5 minutes of a game. Not an entire period. That's just terrible coaching.

The only way we win in the Playoffs is if we either create an insurmountable lead or the game remains close enough that we don't fall into the super super passive trap.

Brian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

I thought Holtby was pretty good tonight. Not great, but pretty good. Made some strong saves early, left a few juicy rebounds, struggled when his crease was crowded. Too casual on Bertuzzi's goal, but considering that he's had a bit of a sophomore slump this year anyway, I was reasonably happy with his play.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoccOut View Post

Ovechkin plays like a dog. His fitness, enthusiasm and general effort level have been inconsistent at best the last 2 years.

I like the job Hunter is doing. He doesn't seem to have his pets and is forcing players to be responsible, thereby exposing the selfish from the leaders.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
It is and it isn't.

Sometimes a guy just doesn't trust anyone else to do the job he did and won't give it or promote it as such. I still don't think Hunter is the coach for us as I don't think you should EVER go into prevent unless its like the last 8 to 5 minutes of a game. Not an entire period. That's just terrible coaching.

The only way we win in the Playoffs is if we either create an insurmountable lead or the game remains close enough that we don't fall into the super super passive trap.
Or maybe the team lacks the players to hold a lead against a Cup contender on the road? They have 2 solid stay at home defenseman and one is a rookie. The rest are either finesse players or slow finesse players.

The only difference with Bruce was that they'd score more--and that had more to do with 8, 19, 52 and 28 than it did the HC.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

I just want them to be consistent.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Ovechkin plays like a dog
the guy has 5 goals in his last 4 games, and people are still dumping on him. he's the least of our problems right now.

i was surprised Orlov got scratched. #74 has made a hundred mistakes without getting benched, and then Orlov sits after getting torched once by Stalberg. oh well. it all worked out. i don't care how we did it tonite; i'm just thrilled w/ the 2 pts.

i like the match-ups tomorrow -- FLA-PHI; PIT-WPG; and OTT-NJD. hoping for the Mid-Atlantic trifecta, i.e. regulation wins for NJ and both PA teams.

i wonder whether there's any chance of #19 actually returning during regular season. that would be a major morale boost.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Bunindza

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
the guy has 5 goals in his last 4 games, and people are still dumping on him. he's the least of our problems right now.

i was surprised Orlov got scratched. #74 has made a hundred mistakes without getting benched, and then Orlov sits after getting torched once by Stalberg. oh well. it all worked out. i don't care how we did it tonite; i'm just thrilled w/ the 2 pts.

i like the match-ups tomorrow -- FLA-PHI; PIT-WPG; and OTT-NJD. hoping for the Mid-Atlantic trifecta, i.e. regulation wins for NJ and both PA teams.

i wonder whether there's any chance of #19 actually returning during regular season. that would be a major morale boost.
I hope Ovechkin gets 40 goals this year. I'm sick of listening to most of these people.

Then I want to hear people say that it's an empty 40 goals so I can slap them in the face with Stamkos's numbers and team record.

Last edited by Bunindza: 03-19-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Bunindza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:

Agreed on all counts

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

But but but Hunter doesn't play favorites!

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Dream Big

Orlov is the rookie and for the most part I think he's played really well. He did get burned in Chicago. He doesn't have that much experience and as someone mentioned in an earlier thread he doesn't know the players. These games are important to win.

Would you rather have Hamerlik sit? Hamerlik needs to be playing. He has the experience. He's the wiley vet.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:00 AM
EroCaps

Ovechkin is on pace for 60 points. Spare me the talk of a recent hot streak. He's the most overpaid player in the league with that production.

I dk wtf is wrong with Carlson. He was excellent last year.