HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Barclays Center (Brooklyn Nets) to host KHL games

Old
03-13-2012, 02:09 PM
petejudge

vCash: 500
would love to see omsk play here, i think thats a team a lot of rangers fans are familiar with. ill probaby go to a game if the prices arent stupid

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Wish I could be there too.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
bmw2004

I would love to see SKA St.Petersburg play in Brooklyn because I was born in this beautiful city.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
would love to see omsk play here, i think thats a team a lot of rangers fans are familiar with. ill probaby go to a game if the prices arent stupid
Prices will be retarded because of the new arena. I'm excited since I'm from Brooklyn. it'd be weird if the Islanders move to Brooklyn though

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:52 PM
nyrmetros

If I find a $30 ticket I will go. Anything more than not I wouldn't be interested. Unless it was a NHL vs a KHL team.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Joe11

I hear there is some problems with ownership of Whale. I think the Rangers should consider moving the Whale to Brooklyn. I see a lot of pluses to that. Of course they would have to change the name.

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
mahonistan*

I want to be able to break out my CSKA Moscow Jersey

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
I was under the impression that the Barclay center was too small for hockey ?
Prokhorov has said that it could host hockey games...the question is what the seating capacity would be.

If it were tp happen, it would be a gas...I live on the opposite side of Brooklyn from the arena and it's a short train ride.

The appeal for this game though would be in southern Brooklyn where there is a large Russian enclave.

As for moving the Whale to Barclays---it might actually be a good idea to have the NHL and AHL teams in the same city to save costs so that callups are easier and cheaper (Toronto does it, and Philly did it until the Spectrum was demolished).

Last edited by aemoreira1981: 03-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.
aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Prokhorov has said that it could host hockey games...the question is what the seating capacity would be.

If it were tp happen, it would be a gas...I live on the opposite side of Brooklyn from the arena and it's a short train ride.
Well capacity likely wouldn't really be much of an issue for an AHL team. Probably wouldn't be too many sellouts.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post

The appeal for this game though would be in southern Brooklyn where there is a large Russian enclave.

As for moving the Whale to Barclays---it might actually be a good idea to have the NHL and AHL teams in the same city to save costs so that callups are easier and cheaper (Toronto does it, and Philly did it until the Spectrum was demolished).
Not sure if Prokhorov would allow the Whale to move in since it would be helping MSG. He really wants to battle them.

03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
nyrmetros

I would love an AHL team in Brooklyn.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
I hear there is some problems with ownership of Whale. I think the Rangers should consider moving the Whale to Brooklyn. I see a lot of pluses to that. Of course they would have to change the name.
I would enjoy this. Buffalo does that with rochester. That's ababout 40 mins from Buff. But having a broojlyn farm team sounds stellar

Old
03-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Ih8theislanders

I would be ecstatic if the Whale moved there. Doubt it though.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Snow Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Won't happen...MSG is pretty territorial. Remember when the Jets announced plans for a Manhattan Stadium? Cablevision/MSG actually ran a huge ad campaign with TV spots against it. Their "official" stance was irresponsible tax money, parking and traffic it would cause, but real reason is a Jets Stadium in Manhattan would be a huge threat to MSG's Manhattan monopoly on concerts/events (Radio City, Beacon Theater and obviously MSG are among MSG's properties)..

Can't imagine they're welcoming of the Barclays Center with open arms...Plus the Nets owner ran a huge billboard near MSG last summer...

Snow Soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:58 AM
mahonistan*

Couldn't they theoretically move the Whale to Izod?

mahonistan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Ranger Angst

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
For show-off the KHL is going to bring at least two of these three clubs that have the reachest owners and thus, the most "star"-studded rosters:

CKA St.Peterburg - http://en.khl.ru/clubs/ska
Salavat Yulaev Ufa - http://en.khl.ru/clubs/salavat_yulaev
AK Bars Kazan - http://en.khl.ru/clubs/ak-bars
No Vitayz

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11 View Post
i hear there is some problems with ownership of whale. I think the rangers should consider moving the whale to brooklyn. I see a lot of pluses to that. Of course they would have to change the name.

do it , change name to dodgers!!!!!!!!

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Soccer View Post
Won't happen...MSG is pretty territorial. Remember when the Jets announced plans for a Manhattan Stadium? Cablevision/MSG actually ran a huge ad campaign with TV spots against it. Their "official" stance was irresponsible tax money, parking and traffic it would cause, but real reason is a Jets Stadium in Manhattan would be a huge threat to MSG's Manhattan monopoly on concerts/events (Radio City, Beacon Theater and obviously MSG are among MSG's properties)..

Can't imagine they're welcoming of the Barclays Center with open arms...Plus the Nets owner ran a huge billboard near MSG last summer...

I think it's Zoning. Dolan and MSG made the Islanders organization sign something saying they wont get too close to Manhattan (No Bronx, no some of Brooklyn. But Queens and Brooklyn NEAR Queens is ok.) Maybe same thing?

Old
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I think it's Zoning. Dolan and MSG made the Islanders organization sign something saying they wont get too close to Manhattan (No Bronx, no some of Brooklyn. But Queens and Brooklyn NEAR Queens is ok.) Maybe same thing?
They can't dictate whether other sport teams from outside the league move into the area. This was simply MSG trying to squash any competition they had in Manhattan.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
They can't dictate whether other sport teams from outside the league move into the area. This was simply MSG trying to squash any competition they had in Manhattan.
Ah. figured it might be similar. I'm sure that the nets out of all teams wont take away from Rangers, Knicks, and huge events at MSG, and their shows, etc. They're huge!

Old
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Ah. figured it might be similar. I'm sure that the nets out of all teams wont take away from Rangers, Knicks, and huge events at MSG, and their shows, etc. They're huge!
Oh I thought you were talking about the Jets moving into Manhattan. I don't know the specifics of how the Nets were able to move into Brooklyn but I don't think there was much of an issue.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Oh I thought you were talking about the Jets moving into Manhattan. I don't know the specifics of how the Nets were able to move into Brooklyn but I don't think there was much of an issue.
Nooo i meant the barclays thing lol. Same deal with the nets I'd assume, cause Dolan owns the Knicks too

Old
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Im a knicks fan but i wouldnt spend money on tickets...unless they are cheap. That being said, I wouldnt pay to watch basketball so the only way im saying the barclays center is a concert or hockey. Alrdy said I would check out the isles vs devils game there in october....depending on price.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote