Devastating 3rd period collapse. Jets fall 4-3 to the Hurricanes

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
congrads videofarmer

my son will be 4 on his next birthday and I can't imagine the pride I would feel if he was part of a team that won a state (provincial) championship one day!! You never forget winning a championship with a team.

Old
03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Congrats videofarmer!! Very cool.

Old
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

vCash: 500
Congratulations VideoFarmer. That's great news.

Old
03-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Do or Die

Tough loss, but hey...not going to win EVERY game at home. Just not focused enough, and not enough attention to detail in that 3rd period (which pissed off C. Noel, mightly) Our top players just were not our best players, with the foot soldiers doing most of the damage, tonight....

Wanted to see Clitsome keep going (love his play down low), though Jones did the job. Sorry to see Andro go down, just when he was on one of his upswings....

As far as this junk (particularly on the main HF board) about what Jet fans chant at the opposition...or heaven forbid, what other fans might chant at our guys.....just continue to drink the prune juice...and stare at your navels.....

The Jets still control their destiny....a few road wins in the next 10 days, and everyone will forget about the season struggles, out there.

It is still there.....if they want it enough....playoff time has come early.

Old
03-19-2012, 04:53 PM
sixty minute hockey

The Mittens Shrine
We lost, but hey he still got the first star of the game. And now he has bragging rights over Fehr and that Scheifele kid

Last edited by sixty minute hockey: 03-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
teucer

Really got a kick out of the Q&Eh where Timmy said that Mark Stuart would be a good gym teacher with the tight shorts and whistle.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:15 PM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post
Happy I missed last night's Jets game. Not because they lost at the end of their game, but because I was at this one:

My son's high school team won the State A championship! I know, I know, it's just Georgia, but still!!! Woohoo!
I can now return my full attention to the Jets.

Congratulations! I take it that is your son in the 2 bottom pics.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
We needed to be protecting our lead not leaving our defensive positions trying to score. Exactly why Buff and Enstrom were on for most of the goals against. As for clitsome playing over Jones? You've got to be kidding! Randy did exactly what he was suppose to do- prevent goals, plus having 4 hits. Let's look at it this way for a change. Maybe if they had played him more they might not have scored, he was playing well and doing his job, some of the other defencemen were not having a great game. Sometimes you have to go with who's playing better on any given night. Seems to me lately even the haters are commenting on Jones playing well.
He played the whole 2 minutes of the PK at the end of the game to help us protect our lead and win in the Washington game. Why wouldn't the coach play him in this game! He'd be stupid not to.
Playing the "protect the lead" game in the third is a terrible idea and it does not work. Jets have tried that approach of basically sitting on the lead in the past and it hasn't been too successful (see the Philly game for the most glaring example). The problem last night in the third was the faceoffs, I have no idea what happened there after we dominated the faceoffs in the first two periods and somehow lost more than 80% of the faceoffs in the third. Little puck possession in the 3rd due to lack of faceoff wins which resulted in more scoring opportunities for the Canes.. The top lines had a bad game but the bottom two lines picked up the slack which is what good teams are supposed to do. But once again faceoffs pretty much cost us the game.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:54 PM
JetsFan815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Honestly, just another thing that bothered me about Noel was how he handled that post-game interview. I don't normally listen to those things, but I can't believe a coach would not even bother to go check on his player after the game? He said he hadn't even asked the training staff about Antro. After game, coach should talk with his staff, have his post game speech then check on his injured player no? I'd tell the damn media to wait until I had a chance to do that, as a coach my number 1 priority is my team, the media can wait until I've dealt with that. IDK, anybody else think that? (Seriously, this is not about Antro, I'd feel the same if it was Jones, your players gotta be the priority AND gotta know that they are the priority)
Oh please.. it's not like Anthropov is running anywhere, Noel's focus was on the game rather than worrying about what may or maynot have happened with Anthropov. And it's not like Noel can anything about it. There is a capable training staff taking of care of that. There were bigger issues that Anthro's possible injury (which didn't look serious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
As you and others have said, hopefully Noel does know what's going on. I just don't think he's very professional with how he handles the media. Just say no comment, don't go out of your way to say and I quote(well from memory) "I didn't even think about that, I didn't even find out about it". Then somebody asks about Fehr, and he just says "Fehr's fine"? Seems kinda stupid. Just say I won't comment on the injuries, he seems like he goes out of his way to seem like he has no idea what he is doing

As I said, I understand that he was upset and that this is a fairly minor issue, but when combined with ALOT of questionable, at best, decisions last night has once again left me with a bad taste in my mouth regarding Noel. I have never really been a fan of his. The team seems relatively well coached this year so I he is starting to win me over (although I give a hell of lot of credit to Huddy and Vincent), but he still needs improvement.
That's because the interview was running long and Noel's handler had told the media about a minute before that the preceeding question would be the last question which Noel answered. Noel was leaving when one journalist shouted off that Fehr question, Noel wasn't even obliged to answer it and shot off a quick answer on his way out. I see nothing wrong with that.

Old
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Congratulations! I take it that is your son in the 2 bottom pics.
Yep. That's him. Even though he plays D (and loves it because he gets the puck more) my son has been wearing 81 since a certain Slovakian forward played in our town. Check out the name on the back:

Thanks for the congratulations, everybody! And thanks for letting me go OT without getting rankled (although I kind of tried to tie it back in to the Jets). I had to blab somewhere in this forum!

Old
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
GDT should be up shortly, we'll keep it to the pregame thread for now.

Closed Thread