HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

General OT Thread #11: 11 Cent Beers Be Damned, Bring A NHL Team To The Twin Cities!

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 06:15 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Why the hell dont you just move already? What province are you in btw? I keep thinking youre from Saskatoon or something because thats one of the silliest named cities in Canada and you are the silliest Canadian I have ever encountered on the internet.

Also I had a buddy from there back in the late 90s when I was on Kali and playing a lot of Descent. For some reason you remind me of him.
I'm in Saskatchewan, yeah I need to. I'm tired of putting up with idiots everywhere I go in this city. I'm going to start looking again, I had to chance to move further West, but didn't so much like the job offers I got out there. I want to be in automotive, but not the management part of it.

Old
03-19-2012, 06:53 PM
puckguy11
This Space for Rent

vCash: 774
I love the rain...especially the aftersmell of it.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Who had the program to extract music from youtube? Could you please re-post it? I tried searching for it in the previous OT thread and a few posts in the Jukebox thread but couldn't find it again. Thanks in advance.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Dee Oh Cee

It probably differs between schools in terms of if police get involved. We got in trouble for minor possession and never had to talk to a single police officer...just paid a fine to the university and it was over.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownDefense View Post
Rule #2: Don't do drugs. Considering some of the drug sentencing I heard about in the US, if the cops are getting involved, yeah it's not going to end well.
That's kind of a naive thing to say. Some people like drugs, some drugs (like marijuana) actually have a relaxing and generally good effect. It's not harming anyone, is it? Only downside is that it's illegal.

And the bacon excuse is good. Another one that might work: You admit to your friend and the guy who does the questioning that you pranked your friend. Of course, all is fake, but it might work if your friend acts a bit pissed, but nothing major. Say that you thought it would be funny to put it there during the check or something. Most likely you won't get anything but a slap on the wrist for it, your friend will thank you and you're both happy.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Alright so I will preface this by saying that "I have a friend" is really I have a friend. It is legitimately not me. A buddy of mine is in a bit of trouble:

Okay, so my buddy has a roommate who likes to smoke dat Marijuana. So, he wanted to smoke it in his room a few times and put a plastic bag around the smoke detector.

Before spring break, staff comes into each room after everyone leaves to make sure that there are no fire hazards. They forgot the plastic bag on the detector, so it was filed and reported and my buddy and his roommate have to go before the housing director on campus and attempt to explain themselves.

Obviously they don't want to face repercussions. We were brainstorming today, and they both agreed that if they could somehow find out if it was only going to be university punishment then they would confess no problems, but if the police were to get involved they want to get out of it, but its not like they can confess only if whatever, you know?

So basically, do you think the police would be involved? They are officially being brought forward with tampering of a smoke detector. That can't be that bad of an offense, could it? but one of their suitemates brought up it might be a felony, but then we thought that might only be in planes and/or government buildings but who knows.

So then we're thinking of reasons why they would have a bag on it, so they can escape punishment. Top three reasons right now are:

1. They had a grill from the first few weeks, had some bacon, and when it was cold they wanted to grill the bacon but didn't want to go outside. So they grilled in their room but bacon obviously smokes, so they covered the detector so it wouldn't go off then they forgot to take it off. They don't actually have a grill though.
this was my idea and I think it is the best one

2. Basically the same thing, except with a toaster. They do actually have the toaster.
Was my buddy's idea, he thinks he's gonna go with this, but I think it's far less plausible than a grill. Who the **** constantly burns their bread to the point where there is constant smoke? Come on

3. Admit to smoking, but that K2 or whatever is legal. Campus is tobacco-free, so cigarettes is out of the question, and they would get in trouble for smoking the legal whatever this is, but it would presumably be less than marijuana/tobacco.
This was my idea as well, even though I could not name the actual thing. The guy who smokes weed knew what it was called and knows a lot about it, so...it could possibly work?

I also thought of how one of the guys could presumably have a lizard with a misting system and they didn't want mist to get on the smoke detector so they put the plastic bag on it. Not exactly believable but I think it's better than the ****ing toaster. Come on.

So, yeah. Any thoughts? Any other believable reasons as to why they would cover their smoke detector?
Your buddy providing he didnt smoke can just snitch and rat out the guy who did

Old
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Another one that might work: You admit to your friend and the guy who does the questioning that you pranked your friend. Of course, all is fake, but it might work if your friend acts a bit pissed, but nothing major. Say that you thought it would be funny to put it there during the check or something. Most likely you won't get anything but a slap on the wrist for it, your friend will thank you and you're both happy.
I say I say you should be one of dem lawyers my dear boy.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Who had the program to extract music from youtube? Could you please re-post it? I tried searching for it in the previous OT thread and a few posts in the Jukebox thread but couldn't find it again. Thanks in advance.
I suppose you mean this one?

You're welcome.

Old
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
What do you all think about a 15 year old Breck kid leaving to play Canadian juniors?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/143308976.html

Hopefully he made the smart decision.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Got my new computer today!

My god the difference between a 13.3" 1280 x 800 and a 15.6" 1920 x 1080 screen is extraordinary.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
I say I say you should be one of dem lawyers my dear boy.
As everyone's non-lawyer lawyer (seriously like always, this doesn't constitute legal advice), you (or you friend...or your "friend") have little to gain from admitting culpability in this case.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
03-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Also I'm pretty sure lawyers cant advise you in ways that are illegal themselves.

Old
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Also I'm pretty sure lawyers cant advise you in ways that are illegal themselves.
No, they'll just handle matters themselves. *rimshot

Old
03-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Just watched the season 16 opener of South Park today and I thought it was a pretty damn funny episode. The dude just constantly beating it in the surveillance room was both disturbing yet hilarious.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:52 PM
puckguy11
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
What do you all think about a 15 year old Breck kid leaving to play Canadian juniors?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/143308976.html

Hopefully he made the smart decision.
Heard he was banged up a bit in yesterday's game against Seattle, but after all it was his first game. However, it does put up a few red flags for me as to why he left Breck: If he's supposedly good enough to play Canadian Juniors, why did he leave a MN hockey powerhouse also known for its academics? Something isn't clicking here (i.e. when Pitlick left Mankato after a season to go play for Medicine Hat).

Old
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Have you guys seen Leafs Beefs? Funny ****. I know their pain well.

Old
03-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I haven't logged in on FB for weeks so I decided to do it now just to check our group. Wow, since when I'm an admin? I can see who are the 8 members!

Old
03-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I haven't logged in on FB for weeks so I decided to do it now just to check our group. Wow, since when I'm an admin? I can see who are the 8 members!
Since yesterday, I added you as an admin seeing as you are a mod here anyway.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:34 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Alright so I will preface this by saying that "I have a friend" is really I have a friend. It is legitimately not me. A buddy of mine is in a bit of trouble:

Okay, so my buddy has a roommate who likes to smoke dat Marijuana. So, he wanted to smoke it in his room a few times and put a plastic bag around the smoke detector.

Before spring break, staff comes into each room after everyone leaves to make sure that there are no fire hazards. They forgot the plastic bag on the detector, so it was filed and reported and my buddy and his roommate have to go before the housing director on campus and attempt to explain themselves.

Obviously they don't want to face repercussions. We were brainstorming today, and they both agreed that if they could somehow find out if it was only going to be university punishment then they would confess no problems, but if the police were to get involved they want to get out of it, but its not like they can confess only if whatever, you know?

So basically, do you think the police would be involved? They are officially being brought forward with tampering of a smoke detector. That can't be that bad of an offense, could it? but one of their suitemates brought up it might be a felony, but then we thought that might only be in planes and/or government buildings but who knows.

So then we're thinking of reasons why they would have a bag on it, so they can escape punishment. Top three reasons right now are:

1. They had a grill from the first few weeks, had some bacon, and when it was cold they wanted to grill the bacon but didn't want to go outside. So they grilled in their room but bacon obviously smokes, so they covered the detector so it wouldn't go off then they forgot to take it off. They don't actually have a grill though.
this was my idea and I think it is the best one

2. Basically the same thing, except with a toaster. They do actually have the toaster.
Was my buddy's idea, he thinks he's gonna go with this, but I think it's far less plausible than a grill. Who the **** constantly burns their bread to the point where there is constant smoke? Come on

3. Admit to smoking, but that K2 or whatever is legal. Campus is tobacco-free, so cigarettes is out of the question, and they would get in trouble for smoking the legal whatever this is, but it would presumably be less than marijuana/tobacco.
This was my idea as well, even though I could not name the actual thing. The guy who smokes weed knew what it was called and knows a lot about it, so...it could possibly work?

I also thought of how one of the guys could presumably have a lizard with a misting system and they didn't want mist to get on the smoke detector so they put the plastic bag on it. Not exactly believable but I think it's better than the ****ing toaster. Come on.

So, yeah. Any thoughts? Any other believable reasons as to why they would cover their smoke detector?
You forgot option #4: Fess up, but use the name Lindsey Lohan. Jail time successfully avoided!

Old
03-20-2012, 03:49 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Your buddy providing he didnt smoke can just snitch and rat out the guy who did
I really hope you are kidding. , thats pathetic

@ tyratoku

All you gotta do is deny everything. They have zero proof you were smoking weed or doing anything related to smoke. Say you were messing around with a bunch of plastic bags as a prank and forgot to take one down. Police will not get involved over a plastic bag. If there is no smell or remnants of marijuana or pipes and such police have no reason to be involved in such a minor case of "vandalism" or whatever you called it.

DO NOT implicate yourself or your friend into a problem more serious than it has to be.

College kids do weird **** all the time. You don't need an excuse for it besides that you are young and were having fun and forgot to take it down. A minor fine is highest extent of your worries if you play it cool.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:00 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I'm greatly amused by the real life prisoner's dilemma that no one else seemed to catch on to.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:23 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Say one of you was sick and used a humidifier to try and feel better. In order to protect the electronics you covered everything up, you just forgot to uncover the smoke detector.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

The whole problem with the prisoners dilemma is people are idiots and don't realize that if you actually assert your right to remain silent if the cops are involved, everything goes away a surprising majority of the time.

There's some good videos about not talking to the police that I think everyone who lives in the United States should watch. Somewhere on youtube, I'll have to see about finding them later.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:39 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
The whole problem with the prisoners dilemma is people are idiots and don't realize that if you actually assert your right to remain silent if the cops are involved, everything goes away a surprising majority of the time.

There's some good videos about not talking to the police that I think everyone who lives in the United States should watch. Somewhere on youtube, I'll have to see about finding them later.
The interesting thing about the Prisoner's dilemma is it has different Nash Equilibriums in repeated series as it does in single behaviors. Game Theory is fun.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
puckguy11
This Space for Rent

The synthetic stuff is illegal in ND, so there goes your defense. I guess my thought would be to see if you could get some legal advice; I know some colleges have a program where you can talk to a lawyer for free for a half hour or so.

Closed Thread