HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 72: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Mar 19 - 5:00PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2012, 01:29 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
I still think they'll show up, put a good game forth in Chicago and win. I truly believe they're just going through the motions against pointless teams like Minny, and then actually playing and working hard against teams like Chicago, in who they hate.

Old
03-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Lard_Lad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Gragnani -Mkaes play here and there but overall his play so static . Skates to spot and stops, skates another spot and stops. Good example is when the puck got deep in the Wild end and the Wild players dropped down below the dots to defend. Rather than move in and take advantage of the space, Gragnani stayed firmly right back at the blue line.
He's been (barely) adequate in the defensive zone, at least, but it seems to have come at the cost of his confidence offensively. I'm really not sure where the coaching staff is going with the guy; in a game like tonight where we had trouble breaking out and getting chances, it seems like the thing to do would've been to turn him loose a little. If he's just going to play timidly like this, yeah, we might as well have kept Sulzer.

Old
03-20-2012, 01:36 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
what excuses do you have for not having a 3rd line goal for the rest of the season ?
pahlason has a goal is he not third line?

Old
03-20-2012, 01:59 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased NHL fan View Post
pahlason has a goal is he not third line?
No he's on line 4A.

We don't have a third line because Gillis traded Hodgson.

I still say I would have much preferred to get someone who can provide offense for the third line.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Cool Hand Goof*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
No he's on line 4A.

I still say I would have much preferred to get someone who can provide offense for the third line.
is this real life?

Old
03-20-2012, 02:10 AM
yoss

worst game evar like omg. But yeah, that was pretty uninspiring tonight. Playoffs are like 9 games away. Let's go boys get it together for the love of God. Can't manage 1 goal against Minny? Schneider by far the best player on the ice tonight. I don't even remember any really good scoring chances. Maybe a couple that bounced over sticks, but still. Far too little.

What is it going to take? Hopefully a good rousing Chicago game will wake them up and remind them how to play with a bit of passion.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:12 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Goof View Post
is this real life?
No, it's a fantasy created after you lapsed into a catatonic state when Gillis traded Hodgson.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:18 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
worst game evar like omg. But yeah, that was pretty uninspiring tonight. Playoffs are like 9 games away. Let's go boys get it together for the love of God. Can't manage 1 goal against Minny? Schneider by far the best player on the ice tonight. I don't even remember any really good scoring chances. Maybe a couple that bounced over sticks, but still. Far too little.

What is it going to take? Hopefully a good rousing Chicago game will wake them up and remind them how to play with a bit of passion.
Easier to get up for a game vs Chicago then Minnesota, for the players and fans.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Crows*

Remember when everyone was panicking Wfen we lost 2 horrific games to the oilers last year? That's the Way they're playing right now. They know they won't catch the blues and won't move from 2nd.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:31 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
I think at this point you have to look at a coaching change. The Canucks have quit.

Gillis should be the one wearing it! What kind of message did he send to his team at the deadline? It's too bad a good faith attempt to fix problems is being read this way, but the evidence is clear and ongoing.

The Chicago game is going to show how bad it is. I think Vignault is finished.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Dado

vCash:
Don't see how AV is in any kind of trouble here. Even an early playoff exit (which is likely) won't do it, IMO.

They go 5-20 to start next season, then, maybe...

Old
03-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think at this point you have to look at a coaching change. The Canucks have quit.

Gillis should be the one wearing it! What kind of message did he send to his team at the deadline? It's too bad a good faith attempt to fix problems is being read this way, but the evidence is clear and ongoing.

The Chicago game is going to show how bad it is. I think Vignault is finished.
Sorry .. That's hilarious. A loss to the hawks has av fired with 8 games left ? Lol

Old
03-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Remember when everyone was panicking Wfen we lost 2 horrific games to the oilers last year? That's the Way they're playing right now. They know they won't catch the blues and won't move from 2nd.
They've been playing this way for 2 months, not 2 games. Earlier on the goalies were good enough to save our *****, now even that is not enough anymore.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:43 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
I still think they'll show up, put a good game forth in Chicago and win. I truly believe they're just going through the motions against pointless teams like Minny, and then actually playing and working hard against teams like Chicago, in who they hate.
I like your positivenessing here!

I'm not as confident after punishing myself by watching the last bunch of games where they seemed to not only play down to their opponents level, but even exceeded their crappiness.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:00 AM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

I never find games to be boring and I never stop watching before a game ends but even I fell asleep with about ten minutes to go in the third.

When I woke up my dad said the Canucks won 2-1 in overtime.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:02 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Sorry .. That's hilarious. A loss to the hawks has av fired with 8 games left ? Lol
Well Ronald Wilson is available so it's not like we can't bring in a great coach with tons of playoff experience.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Well Ronald Wilson is available so it's not like we can't bring in a great coach with tons of playoff experience.
How about patt quinn?

Old
03-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Reverend Mayhem

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticBakery View Post
I never find games to be boring and I never stop watching before a game ends but even I fell asleep with about ten minutes to go in the third.

When I woke up my dad said the Canucks won 2-1 in overtime.
But you are sick, so free pass. I don't even know why I'm watching games anymore. April 11. April 11. April 11.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Even though the team didn't score tonight, I really believe there's enough forward talent in this organization to get the job done, just a matter of using the talent more effectively - for example, Burr with the Sedins hasn't worked for a while, not sure why AV went back to that line tonight.

Or why AV benched Raymond who even if you think he can't score, carries a lot of the play when he's on the ice - teams would kill to have him as the anchor of their 4th line for example.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Hammer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
No he's on line 4A.

So you think there should be 3 scoring lines instead of 2 scoring lines and a checking line?

Old
03-20-2012, 04:14 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Excellent game tonight, moving minny 2 points closer to overtaking TO and TB.

Old
03-20-2012, 05:00 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I just think there's going to be a big change if we don't get to the WCF. If not AV then something else, but I don't think Gillis will be content to just sit and wait while leaving the whole core as it is.

As I said, nothing against AV. I think he's doing a good job.
I'm hoping the big changes include moving Luongo and acquiring a top pairing dman.

Old
03-20-2012, 05:00 AM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23

Closed Thread