HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers top-20 features numerous NHL players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #1
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country:
Posts: 7,132
vCash: 500
Flyers top-20 features numerous NHL players

With a recreated roster, the Philadelphia Flyers are once again a significant competitor in the Eastern Conference.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
  #2
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Very nice, Chris.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:58 PM
  #3
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Very nice, Chris.
Thanks.

And for those curious about Couturier and Read, who graduated literally right before this came out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
New Top 20 by the way for Spring 2012. It's going to change quickly though due to graduations. Read and Couturier are already gone.

(N/A) Sean Couturier - 8.5B (graduated)
1. Brayden Schenn - 8.5B (12 games until graduation)
(N/A) Matt Read - 7.0B (graduated)
2. Eric Wellwood - 6.5B (48 games until graduation)
3. Erk Gustafsson - 7.0C (35 games until graduation)
4. Marc-Andre Bourdon - 6.5B (26 games until graduation)
5. Jason Akeson - 7.0C
6. Brendan Ranford - 7.5D
7. Nick Cousins - 7.0C
8. Brandon Manning - 7.0C (61 games until graduation)
9. Ben Holmstrom - 5.5A (58 games until graduation)
10. Zac Rinaldo - 5.0A (9 games until graduation)
11. Blake Kessel - 7.0D
12. Niko Hovinen - 7.0D
13. Mike Testwuide - 6.0C
14. Oliver Lauridsen - 6.0C
15. Harry Zolnierczyk - 5.0A (29 games until graduation)
16. Tom Sestito - 5.5B (38 games until graduation)
17. Marcel Noebels - 6.0C
18. Colin Suellentrop - 6.0C
19. Micheal Parks - 6.5D
20. Tyler Brown - 5.5C

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
  #4
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,612
vCash: 500
Excellent job

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
  #5
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Can anyone point me to some literature that explains what the number/letter system means? I've never seen it before and couldn't find info on the site, and I'm never really delved into this prospect stuff before.


Last edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot: 03-20-2012 at 10:28 AM.
JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
  #6
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Can anyone point me to some literature that explains what the number/letter system means? I've never seen it before and couldn't find info on the site, and I'm never really delved into this prospect stuff before
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
  #7
Go For It
Registered User
 
Go For It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,056
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Can anyone point me to some literature that explains what the number/letter system means? I've never seen it before and couldn't find info on the site, and I'm never really delved into this prospect stuff before
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/

EDIT: Sniped.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
  #8
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Awesome, thanks guys! Lidstrom isn't a once in a decade player though?? Lol.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
  #9
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
Awesome, thanks guys! Lidstrom isn't a once in a decade player though?? Lol.
Generational talent really implies "the best" or "top two."

Lidstrom was a great defenseman and certainly a hall-of-famer, but is he up there with Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, and others? I don't believe so.

I do believe however that he's getting close. Lidstrom is absolutely incredible.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:28 AM
  #10
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Generational talent really implies "the best" or "top two."

Lidstrom was a great defenseman and certainly a hall-of-famer, but is he up there with Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, and others? I don't believe so.

I do believe however that he's getting close. Lidstrom is absolutely incredible.
Re-read it, don't know where I came up with once in a decade haha. I can't argue what you're saying, nor will I here since it's not the place, so good article and I'm glad to understand it!

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:12 PM
  #11
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Zolnierczyk displayed his speed, his forechecking, and his defensive prowess.
Scrabbles has a lot of work with his defensive game if he's ever gonna be a regular NHLer. He was pretty terrible defensively, at least imo. The fact that Couturier has such strong defensive numbers despite playing quite a lot with Zolnierczyk (and Rinaldo, though he is clearly better) is really, really impressive.

Otherwise I think it was a pretty good list. I would probably have McGinn in there somewhwere myself. From what little I've seen of the Phantoms this year, and also from the prospect camps, I really like his compete level.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:15 PM
  #12
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Scrabbles has a lot of work with his defensive game if he's ever gonna be a regular NHLer. He was pretty terrible defensively, at least imo. The fact that Couturier has such strong defensive numbers despite playing quite a lot with Zolnierczyk (and Rinaldo, though he is clearly better) is really, really impressive.

Otherwise I think it was a pretty good list. I would probably have McGinn in there somewhwere myself. From what little I've seen of the Phantoms this year, and also from the prospect camps, I really like his compete level.
McGinn is 21, but I just had to give Brown the nod. The organization really likes him, and I don't foresee McGinn's game ever translating to a top 9 role. He has the upside, but I'm not sure it's enough.

Where Scrabbles is concerned, I think he's solid defensively. Maybe we've been watching different things. He's not the best defensive player, but he makes up for a lot of his own lapses with speed and compete level.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:29 PM
  #13
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,495
vCash: 500
would love to see testwuide get some NHL games under his belt. i thought he was good in the few preseason games he played this year but was sent down after that boarding call (which went unpunished by the NHL and rightfully so). i haven't seen him all that much but when i have (outdoor classic and a few other games) he was one of the better phantoms every shift. he's a beast along the boards and is above average defensively. oh yeah and the fact that he will drop them and is pretty damn big doesn't hurt either (6'3" 216lbs). a line of testwuide-coots-talbot would be great on d.

oh and thanks chris

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
  #14
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
McGinn is 21, but I just had to give Brown the nod. The organization really likes him, and I don't foresee McGinn's game ever translating to a top 9 role. He has the upside, but I'm not sure it's enough.

Where Scrabbles is concerned, I think he's solid defensively. Maybe we've been watching different things. He's not the best defensive player, but he makes up for a lot of his own lapses with speed and compete level.
He definitely has the speed. His positional awareness is awful, however, so he often has to chase to get back in line. I'm not saying he's a lost cause, a lot of (most) rookies struggle defensively. If he can do like Nödl, who also was pretty terrible in his first stint with the Flyers, and really work on this part of the game down in the AHL for a while, he could become a pretty damn decent energy guy who is a threat on the PK as well.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.