HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/18/12 7 ET - Andrew Brunette's First Team vs Sami Lepisto's Current Team

Old
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
tycoonheart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
* hockey is supposed to be entertaining. if its not entertaining, why watch it?
So you only watch your team when they are playing well and winning? Because sometimes its not all about winning. Sometimes you watch a struggling team to see how they will get out of their funk. Sometimes you watch a team that has changed its style to see how that transition works. If in the end they play well, it will be totally worth it. If you only watch a team when they are playing well and winning, then you're essentially a bandwagoner, are you not?

Quote:
* when they came out flat and went down 2-0 and then 3-0 i went and watched something elsen with my wife. that was more fun and more entertaining.
They didn't go down 3-0, Knuble's goal made it 2-1. Obviously you didn't watch the game.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
So you only watch your team when they are playing well and winning? Because sometimes its not all about winning. Sometimes you watch a struggling team to see how they will get out of their funk. Sometimes you watch a team that has changed its style to see how that transition works. If in the end they play well, it will be totally worth it. If you only watch a team when they are playing well and winning, then you're essentially a bandwagoner, are you not?
I'm a hockey fan first and a Caps fan second. If the Caps are boring the living hell out of me, which has occurred quite a bit this season, I will find a more entertaining game to watch.

It isn't about winning for me it is about being entertained. If you aren't entertaining me I am not going to sit there not being entertained just because. I find my free time more valuable than that.

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallejohansson View Post
I don't care if you got 26k posts, watch the team if you're a fan, don't if you're not.
So you're the kind of guy who goes into a local bar, talks **** to the regulars, and then wonders why he got his ass kicked and nobody called the cops.

Do it your way, but don't think it makes you any better or worse than someone who does it a different way.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:53 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
So you're the kind of guy who goes into a local bar, talks **** to the regulars, and then wonders why he got his ass kicked and nobody called the cops.

Do it your way, but don't think it makes you any better or worse than someone who does it a different way.
LOL...good stuff, well said.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM
CapsCast

I totally understand if some fans can't stomach watching this team.

If I find a great restaurant and I love it, but then it slowly gets more expensive and the quality of the food starts to sink, would you still eat there because of loyalty?

Of course not, it's overpriced and the food stinks.

I don't think the Caps are at that point yet, but they're on their way.

These players are uninspired and they already quit on one coach this season.

I really hope they make the playoffs and have a storybook turnaround, but it's not very likely with this team.

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

To be fair, posts like this following are pretty much the lowest quality, most illegitimate garbage there is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Who the hell are you?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Didn't watch last night, and won't watch tonight. I've got better things to do with my time.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Kallejohansson

Quote:

What do you except when his answer was "Who the hell are you?". Not really mature.

All I'm saying is that a fan watches the game whether it's a 7-0 loss against the Blue Jackets or a Stanley Cup-win against Red Wings. Agree? It's stupid to abandon the team because of a couple of ****** losses.

Kallejohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:49 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post

They didn't go down 3-0, Knuble's goal made it 2-1. Obviously you didn't watch the game.
i didnt watch after it was 2-0. i checked the score to find it 3-1. oops. i assumed wrong the order of those two goals.

if its possible to be a bandwagoner since 1974, fine. when i was younger and had more time, i watched the caps, the redskins, the orioles, maryland football and basketball plus games in my sports with other teams. i am down to the caps and a few other nhl games. i have more demands on my time. its the way life goes.

i keep up with all of my teams, but havent seen an orioles game in years and who would blame me. they suck.

i did watch nearly all of the rebuilding crappy caps. the hanlon caps. i watch most of the current games, but when its junk, i treat it like junk. i am not watching so that i will have proper evidence and detail to go on the boards post game and slam mcphee or boudreau or whoever.

btw...bandwagoner is basically saying that i'm not a real fan. be careful of that stuff when you really dont know who you are talking to on this thing.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallejohansson View Post
All I'm saying is that a fan watches the game whether it's a 7-0 loss against the Blue Jackets or a Stanley Cup-win against Red Wings. Agree? It's stupid to abandon the team because of a couple of ****** losses.
It's not the losses, it's the lack of pride. It's the same old lax stupidity. This isn't a respectable team. Therein lies the distinction and frustration.

...and yet there they are still on the cusp of being a playoff team. Mediocre in every sense.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
CapsCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
It's not the losses, it's the lack of pride. It's the same old lax stupidity. This isn't a respectable team. Therein lies the distinction and frustration.

...and yet there they are still on the cusp of being a playoff team. Mediocre in every sense.
This

CapsCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post

I love jaded/slightly bitter Langway.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
artilector

Haha, I think it's kind of ridiculous to jump on people for not watching the games. People who more or less regularly post on hockey forums are probably in the top 5% of "dedicated fans", anyway. How much more hardcore do you want people to be?

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Haha, I think it's kind of ridiculous to jump on people for not watching the games. People who more or less regularly post on hockey forums are probably in the top 5% of "dedicated fans", anyway. How much more hardcore do you want people to be?
I think you have to remember they're mostly the kid posters who have a lot of free time...lol.

Old
03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I think you have to remember they're mostly the kid posters who have a lot of free time...lol.
Yeah, kid.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 07:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Yeah, kid.
How about younger, no families (maybe no friends lol), lots of spare time to do nothing but watch an often horrible product? Closer?

Old
03-19-2012, 08:20 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Might be time to flip that switch, no?
It just might be.

Closer

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:54 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

We've just been biding our time...

03-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
You have to watch full length replay of every game 2 times: before lunch and after.

Else ban yourself!

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Biding our time, learning how to preserve leads in ways besides trying to score more goals, learning how to win without a single proven scoring C, with nuOvi, a greenhorn defense, inconsistent G's, yeah, whatever you want to call it.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
We've just been biding our time...
I'm not sure if it's all that. I do believe there's some of it in Ovechkin.

He needs to smell it and decide he wants it.

But I do think the team has coasted for 2-3 seasons now.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
But I do think the team has coasted for 2-3 seasons now.
2 seasons as in this one and last one sure. But if they were coasting in '09-'10 while earning 121 standings points, scoring 318 goals, and going 30-5-6 at home well then damn...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote