HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

3 Fights Break Out At Puck Drop at Rangers vs Devils

Old
03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Watched the fights 10 times. . Gonna watch it another 10.

Then again, one more time. On my deathbed.

And I will go smiling.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:31 AM
RANDOMH3RO

Even though the devils lost, I feel like they won the cup.

RANDOMH3RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSituation View Post
Bickell punches Carter on the ground. *****
Lol, he connected right before Carter turtled and Carter were dripping before he went down.

Get a coach that got some honor and pride in him if your players can't take a punch after a BS move...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDOMH3RO View Post
Even though the devils lost, I feel like they won the cup.
What would possibly make you feel that way??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:23 AM
RANDOMH3RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
What would possibly make you feel that way??
Because they got into an awesome brawl with the Rangers.

RANDOMH3RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

This was great old school hockey, I love Janssens marathon fights!

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:07 AM
goon5516

Why do u think bickell took the draw. Bc Dubinsky didn't want to get beat down by carter again

goon5516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:23 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
You don't think the Rangers were juiced after those fights?

they were and so was torts, and rightfully so. You can't line up goons on the openning puck drop with the intention of getting a fight out of it, its unsportsmanlike conduct from the coach. he should get a fine + suspension , like it happens in any civilized sports. the devils looked so stupid, getting their faces pounded after trying to play the schoolyard bullies, lol.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
they were and so was torts, and rightfully so. You can't line up goons on the openning puck drop with the intention of getting a fight out of it, its unsportsmanlike conduct from the coach. he should get a fine + suspension , like it happens in any civilized sports. the devils looked so stupid, getting their faces pounded after trying to play the schoolyard bullies, lol.
Sure you can. This is hockey, fighting is allowed.

One team put out their fighters, the other team put out their fighters too, and the fighters decided to fight each other. Please cite what rule was broken, because I'm coming up empty.

Not saying it wasn't a dick move by deboer to try to start the game with fights, but he didn't break any rules.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
SMantzas

How was it a dick head move? Torts did the same thing in NJ. Why dont rags fans remember the double fight that occurred? It's not like our fourth line was gonna jump Gaborik, Hagelin or Gomez 2.0. The worst thing that happened in that sequence was when Torts had Bickel take the faceoff. Making a dman take a faceoff is probably one of the most provocative things ive ever seen in hockey.

Even though the Devils lost, it was worth it seeing that psycho flip out on the bench for no reason. Man, Torts is deranged

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Banana Sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Oh, and I for one hate staged fights.

This was not a staged fight.
Exactly (even though I don't mind staged fights).

These two teams hate each other's guts and there's been so much emotion and physical play throughout the season series (as well as Dubinsky's comments about Clarkson and the subsequent fight with Ryan Carter) that this natural.

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Richards to Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
How was it a dick head move? Torts did the same thing in NJ. Why dont rags fans remember the double fight that occurred? It's not like our fourth line was gonna jump Gaborik, Hagelin or Gomez 2.0. The worst thing that happened in that sequence was when Torts had Bickel take the faceoff. Making a dman take a faceoff is probably one of the most provocative things ive ever seen in hockey.

Even though the Devils lost, it was worth it seeing that psycho flip out on the bench for no reason. Man, Torts is deranged

Emotional headcase at times? Yes, deranged psychopath? No.But I'm ok with it, I much prefer having a coach that looks like he actually gives a **** vs some passive coach that doesn't get emotionally invested into the game.

Richards to Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Embarrasing....
BS like this needs to go...
I don't mind a fight after a dirty hit or whatever but **** like this is incredibly embarrasing for the sport of hockey....

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Embarrasing....
BS like this needs to go...
I don't mind a fight after a dirty hit or whatever but **** like this is incredibly embarrasing for the sport of hockey....
So are sissys that ruin the game...

If you don't like fighting the new Curling league is looking for higher ratings.

That was great. Me and my roommates were watching. Now keep in mind we had 2 devils fans, 1 ranger fan and a Flyer fan. We all stood up and started yelling stuff like this is awesome! It was fun to watch, it was done the right way, with all 6 guys agreeing to go. I would also like to commend the refs and linesmen during the ordeal. As a Devil's fan I really like they didnt toss Salvador for trying to break it up as he tried to take Bickel off of Carter, cause im pretty sure Bickel didn't know that Carter was leaking pretty good.

And I still don't get why Torts was mad. if he put out the 1st line this doesn't happen, and the Rangers skate around them and score 30 seconds in . Contrarily to popular belief Cam, Carter and Boulton don't just jump the skill players who don't fight.

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 50
These fights have inspired me to watch hockey brawls all day on youtube. Time well spent.

I love how in our game if you don't like what someone does, you go do something about it.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
I love how in our game if you don't like what someone does, you go do something about it.
exactly.

only comparable thing is in baseball when you throw at someone, but it's totally different

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
So are sissys that ruin the game...

If you don't like fighting the new Curling league is looking for higher ratings.

That was great. Me and my roommates were watching. Now keep in mind we had 2 devils fans, 1 ranger fan and a Flyer fan. We all stood up and started yelling stuff like this is awesome! It was fun to watch, it was done the right way, with all 6 guys agreeing to go. I would also like to commend the refs and linesmen during the ordeal. As a Devil's fan I really like they didnt toss Salvador for trying to break it up as he tried to take Bickel off of Carter, cause im pretty sure Bickel didn't know that Carter was leaking pretty good.

And I still don't get why Torts was mad. if he put out the 1st line this doesn't happen, and the Rangers skate around them and score 30 seconds in . Contrarily to popular belief Cam, Carter and Boulton don't just jump the skill players who don't fight.
Or you could watch Wrestling/MMA or any other BS they try to call a sport and let us hockey fans watch when they play the puck and the GAME.

Don't mind standing up for a teammate, not at all, beat the **** out of the guy if it's deserved.
But 3 seconds into the game.....? For what, a coach's decision to put a certain line out there?

Old
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
NYRangers77

Anyone who has a problem with this is obviously a newer hockey fan or should not be watching this sport. That fight was great and got the teams fired up. The first few minutes was very entertaining hockey due to the fights. Listen, in this sport you are allowed to fight it is part of the game. This reminded me of old time hockey, which was way better than what this sport has sort of turned into. If you say you are "embarrassed" or "ashamed" by this then you should be watching golf.

NYRangers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
billysbreakdown

Been a fan for over 10 years. Why do I have to defend myself anyway for not thinking like you?

Somehow the rest of the world manages to play the game without fights every game. But not in NA? Strange.

Old
03-20-2012, 01:59 PM
E Nixson