HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey still lives in Atlanta

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2012, 10:11 AM
  #51
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Anyway the Gladiators clinched a playoff spot with their 4-3 win over Greenville this past Saturday. I hope all of you(those in the ATL area) make it out to Gwinnett during the playoffs. It's a longshot but supporting minor league hockey now with the Gladiators and maybe in the future with an AHL team is probably our only back to the NHL.
The NHL won't be back in Atlanta for a long, long time. ASG has poisoned the well too effectively damaging the sport here and our standing nationwide. To tell you the truth, as long as Gary Bettman is running the league, that's fine by me. I would support a AHL team in Phillips as long as ASG is out of the picture. As long as they own as little as 1% of anything in Phillips, I won't set foot in the place.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
  #52
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
The NHL won't be back in Atlanta for a long, long time. ASG has poisoned the well too effectively damaging the sport here and our standing nationwide. To tell you the truth, as long as Gary Bettman is running the league, that's fine by me. I would support a AHL team in Phillips as long as ASG is out of the picture. As long as they own as little as 1% of anything in Phillips, I won't set foot in the place.
Honestly I see an AHL team playing out of Gwinnett before I do Philipps. Who knows how long ASG is going to own the Hawks and the arena. So maybe in a few years an AHL team is bought by someone and is moved to Gwinnett and they take the Gladiators name(see the Charlotte Checkers as an example).

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
  #53
ATLhockey437
Registered User
 
ATLhockey437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Trying to get a ticket to the game on the 24th.

People of Nashville: Would I be able to get a $10 ticket upperbowl seat the day of the game?

Any STH's on here that have no interest in going to the game? If so, send me a PM. Lookin to get a lowerbowl seat since this will be the only NHL game Ill see in for awhile. Someone help out a broke college kid.....

ATLhockey437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
  #54
tonyin318
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: powder springs ga
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
As long as they own as little as 1% of anything in Phillips, I won't set foot in the place.
Ditto...


Didn't they sell the Hawks? Do they still own rights to the arena?

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
  #55
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
Ditto...


Didn't they sell the Hawks? Do they still own rights to the arena?
They are still the operator of the arena according to wikipedia

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM
  #56
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
Ditto...


Didn't they sell the Hawks? Do they still own rights to the arena?
They had a buyer for both the Hawks and the arena but the deal fell through and now they claim they want to keep the Hawks.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
  #57
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
They had a buyer for both the Hawks and the arena but the deal fell through and now they claim they want to keep the Hawks.

ASG was providing finance for the buyer and the NBA said, "Hold on a minute. That's not really selling the team." I expect after what happened with their NHL product, Stern will be keeping a close watch on those guys.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
  #58
GreenHornet
Registered User
 
GreenHornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norcross, GA
Country: Israel
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
ASG was providing finance for the buyer and the NBA said, "Hold on a minute. That's not really selling the team." I expect after what happened with their NHL product, Stern will be keeping a close watch on those guys.
As he should, but A$G may be rethinking their interest in selling. The recent "trade" in which they sent the Hawks' second-round draft pick to Golden State for cash tells me they're taking a financial hit.

Hmmm. Could 41 unused dates at the arena POSSIBLY have something to do with that?

Oh, and Gearon, Levenson, et. al, if you're feeling bad about this ... GOOD!!!!!!!! Karma is a fickle little bee-yotch, ain't she?

GreenHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
  #59
beenhereandthere
Registered User
 
beenhereandthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Evergray State
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
As he should, but A$G may be rethinking their interest in selling. The recent "trade" in which they sent the Hawks' second-round draft pick to Golden State for cash tells me they're taking a financial hit.

Hmmm. Could 41 unused dates at the arena POSSIBLY have something to do with that?

Oh, and Gearon, Levenson, et. al, if you're feeling bad about this ... GOOD!!!!!!!! Karma is a fickle little bee-yotch, ain't she?

beenhereandthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
  #60
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
Hmmm. Could 41 unused dates at the arena POSSIBLY have something to do with that?

Oh, and Gearon, Levenson, et. al, if you're feeling bad about this ... GOOD!!!!!!!! Karma is a fickle little bee-yotch, ain't she?
Local radio was speculating that they are trying to cover their ass for a luxury tax they have to pay out this year. Probably Joe's stupid contract coming back to bite them. Haaaa...love it.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
  #61
cws
...in the drink
 
cws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Local radio was speculating that they are trying to cover their ass for a luxury tax they have to pay out this year. Probably Joe's stupid contract coming back to bite them. Haaaa...love it.
ASG mis-managing their investments??

Seems to be there would be a stronger and/or more apt word than "DUH". But that'll do for now.

cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:44 PM
  #62
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Local radio was speculating that they are trying to cover their ass for a luxury tax they have to pay out this year. Probably Joe's stupid contract coming back to bite them. Haaaa...love it.
At least Joe Johnson will carry the Hawks to yet another first round appearance.

Also another first round exit.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
  #63
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
At least Joe Johnson will carry the Hawks to yet another first round appearance.

Also another first round exit.
now now, credit where credit is due, they made it all the way to the 2nd round last year!

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:48 AM
  #64
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofarmer View Post
Going to see the Glads this Friday, but honestly, those games aren't nearly as exciting to me as my son's high school hockey games. Go Brookwood!
The game I'm really looking forward to attending is in Nashville on the 24th!
...I went there. Creepy.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
  #65
Johnny8242
Registered User
 
Johnny8242's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Road Warriors fan here. Even though I have a deep hatred for the Glads I'm glad they are having a solid season. Last year they started off strong and ended up being completely awful. The fans deserved more. Zemlak had to be one of the worst Goalies I've seen!

Johnny8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:55 AM
  #66
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds
 
GwtGlads2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
Road Warriors fan here. Even though I have a deep hatred for the Glads I'm glad they are having a solid season. Last year they started off strong and ended up being completely awful. The fans deserved more. Zemlak had to be one of the worst Goalies I've seen!
I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the Glads last season but I did see 1 game. I think their decline was due to call ups to Chicago and not really getting anything back in return.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.