HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Todd Mclellan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 12:57 AM
  #26
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 24,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
He's gone after this season.
We went from Experienced NHL coach to NHL assistant. Next is Video coach. Woodcraft here we go.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:57 AM
  #27
BigDmitriy
Registered User
 
BigDmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You do when your lines give up four goals and play no defense. The line changes didn't occur until the goalie was pulled.
This...please stop calling for DW/TMac's head after every game the Sharks lose FFS.

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:57 AM
  #28
Paperposts31
Registered User
 
Paperposts31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
I approve this thread after the loss against the Ducks tonight. They started off good. Had a couple of bad shifts and Todd decided start juggling once again and completely **** up the lines that won us the last game and got us two goals in the first period of this game. Its like he is a compulsive meth-head when it comes to creating lines. Just because a line or two do bad for a shift or two doesn't mean you need to ***** everything up.

I'm glad that someone realizes that if your players cant predict what another player is going to do, you will most likely dump the puck in the zone and chase. (not a fun concept)


And to the person who said the line changes didn't happen till after the goalie change, you are wrong. I was at the game and Mclellan only kept the dirty havlat line together for 2 more shifts and then changed it.

Our team has amazing talent. I'm not blaming Mclellan but we need to at least tweak our system. It's to predictable at times, and we have the talent to to cycle away from the boards.

Paperposts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:58 AM
  #29
SharksFan1
Registered User
 
SharksFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the case... Unless we win the cup. (lol)
He might be safe if we make it to another WCF.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:59 AM
  #30
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 33,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksFan1 View Post
No he started the second period with different lines, and there was an instant goal against.
And it was because the first period was poor from everyone except Clowe and Havlat. The changes I don't agree with but it had to be done. The team was awful in that period and were lucky to have scored twice and have it tied rather than be down.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:08 AM
  #31
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You do when your lines give up four goals and play no defense. The line changes didn't occur until the goalie was pulled.
Not true, he started before he pulled Niemi. 2 goals before Niemi was pulled in fact.

jwhitesj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:12 AM
  #32
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 33,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Not true, he started before he pulled Niemi. 2 goals before Niemi was pulled in fact.
You're right but they were awful in that period and lucky to be tied after one.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:16 AM
  #33
SactoShork
The Youth Movement
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 3565
Does anyone know the Koala's contract status? From what I know, his contract was up before this season, but I can't find anything that details an extension.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:16 AM
  #34
wtfisthis
Registered User
 
wtfisthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
We went from Experienced NHL coach to NHL assistant. Next is Video coach. Woodcraft here we go.
**** me if Woodcroft ever became the Sharks' HC.

wtfisthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:19 AM
  #35
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You're right but they were awful in that period and lucky to be tied after one.
Maybee so, but they were still tied, and we have all seen this team have slow starts and turn it on in the second period. There was really no reason to completely obliterate the lines like he did. Maybee move switch Havlat with Couture or something like that, but he went' full ron wilson slot machine line combo system. Some of the lines early in the second period included

Mitchell-Desardin-Clowe <-----Later replaced by Pavelski
Ferriero-Couture-Moore

TM wen't way too crazy with the line shuffling, move a couple of players around sure, but don't have every line full of players that have never played games with eachother before.

jwhitesj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
  #36
SactoShork
The Youth Movement
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
**** me if Woodcroft ever became the Sharks' HC.
No, Wilson will hire the video replay guy in the league war room.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:27 AM
  #37
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,906
vCash: 500


this is all I think about every game ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:31 AM
  #38
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 33,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Maybee so, but they were still tied, and we have all seen this team have slow starts and turn it on in the second period. There was really no reason to completely obliterate the lines like he did. Maybee move switch Havlat with Couture or something like that, but he went' full ron wilson slot machine line combo system. Some of the lines early in the second period included

Mitchell-Desardin-Clowe <-----Later replaced by Pavelski
Ferriero-Couture-Moore

TM wen't way too crazy with the line shuffling, move a couple of players around sure, but don't have every line full of players that have never played games with eachother before.
He went super crazy because the top line was God awful. Marleau was terrible. The third line accomplished nothing. The fourth line did the same. Then you have Braun brain-farting in his own zone and their puck-handling d-men missing easy passes.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:34 AM
  #39
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
He went super crazy because the top line was God awful. Marleau was terrible. The third line accomplished nothing. The fourth line did the same. Then you have Braun brain-farting in his own zone and their puck-handling d-men missing easy passes.
Everything you say is true, nothing to argue about. However he shouldn't go super crazy like he did.

jwhitesj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:36 AM
  #40
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 33,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Everything you say is true, nothing to argue about. However he shouldn't go super crazy like he did.
I agree that his changes were wrong to make but he did need to change it around. However, the reason why he went so out there with it is because nobody but two players were showing much in terms of energy and ability.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:46 AM
  #41
jwhitesj
Registered User
 
jwhitesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I agree that his changes were wrong to make but he did need to change it around. However, the reason why he went so out there with it is because nobody but two players were showing much in terms of energy and ability.
yep pretty much.

He wen't way overboard shuffling the lines up and I don't think he managed the game well at all either. He had that MItchell-Desjardin-Clowe/Pavelski out for a ton of minutes in the second period and Mitchell was one of the worst turn over machines of the day. First time in a long time I have had anything critical to say about Mitchell but he was awfull tonight and T-Mac had him playing a lot of minutes while Winnick got benched for all I could tell, maybee he was injured, but Winnick was actually the best player on the orriginal third line and I don't remember seeing him after the first period. Ferriero got a lot of minutes too and he was nearly as bad as Mitchell was tonight.

The Best defensive lines the Sharks have had all season have been
Vlassic-Burns
Murray-Boyle
Demers-Braun

Why not go back to those D pairings instead of having Murray-Burns together. What are you hoping to accomplish with that d pairing.

Where was the game management after the 3rd goal. That was a prime oppurtunity to use a time out or pull Niemi, he did neither and the Sharks were still back on their heels until the goalie change after the fourth goal. How about making adjustments to the way the ducks were playing, I know, it's all about the process. I've never really went after Todd Mclellan before but I think he was as big of a reason as why the Sharks lost tonight as any of the individual players. He did his job very poorly tonight.

jwhitesj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:50 AM
  #42
Paperposts31
Registered User
 
Paperposts31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
yep pretty much.

He wen't way overboard shuffling the lines up and I don't think he managed the game well at all either. He had that MItchell-Desjardin-Clowe/Pavelski out for a ton of minutes in the second period and Mitchell was one of the worst turn over machines of the day. First time in a long time I have had anything critical to say about Mitchell but he was awfull tonight and T-Mac had him playing a lot of minutes while Winnick got benched for all I could tell, maybee he was injured, but Winnick was actually the best player on the orriginal third line and I don't remember seeing him after the first period. Ferriero got a lot of minutes too and he was nearly as bad as Mitchell was tonight.

The Best defensive lines the Sharks have had all season have been
Vlassic-Burns
Murray-Boyle
Demers-Braun

Why not go back to those D pairings instead of having Murray-Burns together. What are you hoping to accomplish with that d pairing.

Where was the game management after the 3rd goal. That was a prime oppurtunity to use a time out or pull Niemi, he did neither and the Sharks were still back on their heels until the goalie change after the fourth goal. How about making adjustments to the way the ducks were playing, I know, it's all about the process. I've never really went after Todd Mclellan before but I think he was as big of a reason as why the Sharks lost tonight as any of the individual players. He did his job very poorly tonight.
I agree with you, chemistry is key. Making it impossible to create chemistry is only beating yourself.

Paperposts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:26 AM
  #43
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 24,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post


this is all I think about every game ...
Poor thing spilled his coffee.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:23 AM
  #44
Bizz06
#FireDougWilson
 
Bizz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Jose
Posts: 2,937
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
Yes, let's fire the coach with the highest win percentage in the league since he's been hired
why not? that didn't stop DW from firing Ron Wilson

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:35 AM
  #45
Plowevelski
3 Rings, 5 Years.
 
Plowevelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SF Giants, Dynasty
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post


this is all I think about every game ...
This GIF makes everything better.

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
  #46
SFtoBoston
Left-Heart-In-SF
 
SFtoBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Francisco/Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
Yes, let's fire the coach with the highest win percentage in the league since he's been hired
This means nothing with the players he has on the ice. He isn't coaching Columbus or Edmonton...

SFtoBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:58 AM
  #47
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: India
Posts: 8,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
He's gone after this season.
I think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the case... Unless we win the cup. (lol)
LOL.

I am not laughing at you. I am laughing with you.

Things that frustrated me from a pure coaching side yesterday:

- Starting Niemi. For goodness sake. Against Anaheim when you know the next game is against LA for a playoff spot and Niemi has played a lot of consecutive games. Good time to rest him. Or not.

- The line shuffling is getting ludicrous. Maybe it is one of TMac's objectives this year to play with every possible line combination out there.

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
  #48
do0glas
Registered User
 
do0glas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,392
vCash: 500
I know this sounds hypocritical but I wish we could leave threads like this and the other one with 0 replies.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:38 PM
  #49
Stickmata
Registered User
 
Stickmata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperposts31 View Post
and you guys are totally content with changing our lines every game just to watch them all struggle?
Other than Tmac's misguided faith in C. White all season, this is the only real criticism I have of the coaching staff this season. They have jumbled the lines and the lineup so much that I'm not surprised at the lack of chemistry the guys are showing. I'd be shocked if they could find any chemistry, given half of them are playing with different linemates every couple of games. Tmac has been in a constant state of experimentation far too late into the season. Set the lines and give them time to gel. I think he wasted way too much time this season with the wrong players in the lineup and too many different line combinations.

But I still think most of the fault for our predicament lies with the players. Doug Murray's effort on the last goal last night was pathetic.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:16 PM
  #50
DarrylshutzSydor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Country: Palestine
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
yep pretty much.

He wen't way overboard shuffling the lines up and I don't think he managed the game well at all either. He had that MItchell-Desjardin-Clowe/Pavelski out for a ton of minutes in the second period and Mitchell was one of the worst turn over machines of the day. First time in a long time I have had anything critical to say about Mitchell but he was awfull tonight and T-Mac had him playing a lot of minutes while Winnick got benched for all I could tell, maybee he was injured, but Winnick was actually the best player on the orriginal third line and I don't remember seeing him after the first period. Ferriero got a lot of minutes too and he was nearly as bad as Mitchell was tonight.

The Best defensive lines the Sharks have had all season have been
Vlassic-Burns
Murray-Boyle
Demers-Braun

Why not go back to those D pairings instead of having Murray-Burns together. What are you hoping to accomplish with that d pairing.

Where was the game management after the 3rd goal. That was a prime oppurtunity to use a time out or pull Niemi, he did neither and the Sharks were still back on their heels until the goalie change after the fourth goal. How about making adjustments to the way the ducks were playing, I know, it's all about the process. I've never really went after Todd Mclellan before but I think he was as big of a reason as why the Sharks lost tonight as any of the individual players. He did his job very poorly tonight.
Murray looks lost without Boyle, and Burnshas been coughing the puck up all year, what does he make a year again? we got Burned on that deal.

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.