HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic pounds Komisarek once again

Old
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Therick67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
The score was 2-0 when the fight happened, but Komisarek is dumb.
it was 4-0 when the fight took place.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
He's not just dumb, he's almost Patrick Kaleta dumb.

Get in fight you know you can't win, lose fight you know you can't win, expect your team to get a lift from losing fight you knew you couldn't win.

The reason I said "almost Patrick Kaleta" dumb is because at least Komisarek is smart enough not to celebrate after getting his ass kicked.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

People, let bruin fans have their fun. You'll get your opportunity to mock them eventually. This is their time. Komisarek lost the fight and that's that.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Plenty of players have taken on guys that they know they couldn't beat but thought that they should for their team but since it is a Leaf he is dumb.

It is too easy to figure out the thinking around here.

He was dumb when he was a Hab too.

He'll be dumb for the next team he plays for too.

He's just not an intelligent hockey player. Whether it is his decisions with positioning, with the puck or around who to fight and when. He's been a liability just about anytime he hasn't been paired with a legitimate Norris candidate. (pretty much any time he wasn't playing with Markov during about a 12-14 month span in 08-09 or so)

sarge88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Anyone want to take a stab and point out the obvious joke here?

The score was 4-0.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
He's not just dumb, he's almost Patrick Kaleta dumb.

Get in fight you know you can't win, lose fight you know you can't win, expect your team to get a lift from losing fight you knew you couldn't win.

The reason I said "almost Patrick Kaleta" dumb is because at least Komisarek is smart enough not to celebrate after getting his ass kicked.
Many players have gotten in fights they knew they'd lose. Doesn't mean people think any less of them. They gain more respect for going up against a beast which is exactly the response komi is getting. He tried and failed. Not his fault the team didn't bring the same aggression.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Bone for your jar

OK guys, leave Komi be. Dude showed more sack last night than most of us ever will, and paid the price. What's the point of piling on?

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:16 AM
The Kid

I don't understand this, "Give him credit" theme. I am not piling on to Komi, I am debating that theme bantered about here.

The "not backing down" part was him giving a great hit against the boards on Lucic, making a smart play to stop the puck carrier from advancing, and standing his ground.

The idiot part took over from there by starting a fight with a guy he knows (and has been proven) he cannot handle during a time when his team really needed a defensive stand and some offensive play. It seemed to me that his mistake cost his team momentum because it gave more to the Bruins in their own rink while they were already dominating the game.

I think that dynamic is what really pissed off Lucic who did not look like he was going to advance the action whatsoever, until he was cross checked in the chest. Again, if Lucic was the aggressor, I would totally give Komi credit, because that would define, "Not backing down", but that was not the case.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
Komi is looches *****
thats not fair...
Looch is not in a monogamous relationship with Komi, he makes everyone his bword who's definition is a female dog

seriously though, lucic is one of the best fighters in the league.
he doesnt only overpower others but he out boxes them.
not alot of people fight like him, body shots, waiting for openings. Its fun to watch.

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
thats not fair...
Looch is not in a monogamous relationship with Komi, he makes everyone his bword who's definition is a female dog

seriously though, lucic is one of the best fighters in the league.
he doesnt only overpower others but he out boxes them.
not alot of people fight like him, body shots, waiting for openings. Its fun to watch.
He's been training as a boxer since his early teen years.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:09 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Definitely one of the better beatings this season. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Rypien often threw body shots.

So did Kocur

As does Godard

Body shots happen and happen often enough, they aren't as common as punching someone in the face because they aren't as effective in most cases. Hardly cheap, and hardly comparable to a shot to the testies.
Not really what I was referring to in terms of cheap body shot. I was talking about a direct shot to the middle of the gut or chest, which to be honest, I've never seen in a hockey fight. This Lucic fight is the closest I've seen to one, which is why I don't think that's what he was trying to do. I think he was going more for an upper cut and Komisarek body position changed and he got it directly in the gut, knocking the wind out of him.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
If it was done on purpose, I personally consider it a cheap shot. What's next, hitting a guy in the balls or pulling hair.
Lol I sure hope you're just messing around with that comment.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Not really what I was referring to in terms of cheap body shot. I was talking about a direct shot to the middle of the gut or chest, which to be honest, I've never seen in a hockey fight. This Lucic fight is the closest I've seen to one, which is why I don't think that's what he was trying to do. I think he was going more for an upper cut and Komisarek body position changed and he got it directly in the gut, knocking the wind out of him.
I'm not gonna lie, this is a real head scratcher to me. Not really sure how to respond to it so I'll just say in my opinion, a body shot is a body shot. If it's a fight anything above the waist aside from the throat or a poke in the eyes is fine. If you can drop someone with a body shot, all the power to ya.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Someone's butt hurt. What does Orr have to do with this fight? Nothing.
Someone should learn to read instead of quoting me and taking it out of context.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
bostone737

Quote:
middle of the gut or chest? that's like 1/3 of the body, eh? so is a liver shot better or worse than a shot to the middle of the gut or chest?

btw, it's extremely difficult to knock the wind out of somebody who is in peek physical condition, such as komisarek is or should be

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
middle of the gut or chest? that's like 1/3 of the body, eh? so is a liver shot better or worse than a shot to the middle of the gut or chest?

btw, it's extremely difficult to knock the wind out of somebody who is in peek physical condition, such as komisarek is or should be
I boxed for 5 years and was pretty good as well as obviously in good shape and let me tell you, if you aren't expecting a shot to the gut, it can easily knock the wind out of you. One of the things you're taught in boxing is to actually aim for the sternum, it's more effective then just about any shot to the head. It's one of the reasons why you hear boxers exhale very loudly during a fight when they throw a punch, when you exhale it tightens the muscles up so if you get countered the blow is much less effective. I didn't drop the gloves often in hockey but when I did I'd throw a bodyshot if the opportunity presented itself. The other guy would never expect it.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:27 PM
bostone737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I boxed for 5 years and was pretty good as well as obviously in good shape and let me tell you, if you aren't expecting a shot to the gut, it can easily knock the wind out of you. One of the things you're taught in boxing is to actually aim for the sternum, it's more effective then just about any shot to the head. It's one of the reasons why you hear boxers exhale very loudly during a fight when they throw a punch, when you exhale it tightens the muscles up so if you get countered the blow is much less effective. I didn't drop the gloves often in hockey but when I did I'd throw a bodyshot if the opportunity presented itself. The other guy would never expect it.
ok, ive been boxing and doing muay thai for quite a while now, i have yet to see someone in the ring or even sparing, get the wind knocked out of them... point being, you're in a fight, your body is ready for it, and especially if one is a pro athlete, should have a good amount of muscle there too protecting one

Old
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Big fat dad

Lots of comments on here about komi's stupidity, but is he really. Did he think about the right before it happened to weigh the pros and cons, no. Heat of the moment. When your mad, your mad. Don't think he was thinking at all about the outcome, but do most players? Especially in the heat of the moment?

Big fat dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagar View Post
Lots of comments on here about komi's stupidity, but is he really. Did he think about the right before it happened to weigh the pros and cons, no. Heat of the moment. When your mad, your mad. Don't think he was thinking at all about the outcome, but do most players? Especially in the heat of the moment?
My guess is if he was mad, it turned to sad

Old
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
bostone737

btw, i don't think komisarek is stupid, a little crazy, yes, but not stupid, well, at least not for fighting Lucic.... there's always a puncher's chance of landing the 1 big shot

Old
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
btw, i don't think komisarek is stupid, a little crazy, yes, but not stupid, well, at least not for fighting Lucic.... there's always a puncher's chance of landing the 1 big shot
Maybe he figured he'd give it a try. It wasn't as if they had much back and forth and a fight was inevitable..

Old
03-20-2012, 02:39 PM
acor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagar View Post
What was excatly "stupid" in Komisarek act ? Did he hurt his team ?

He knew Lucic is a beast ? So what ? Some people value their honor more than having good looking face. Others are hiding behind "enforcers".

acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

I literally lol'ed at this. Lucic and Komisarek used to be great rivals. Now Lucic pretty much pees all over Komisarek's career.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
northeastern

At least komi was trying... Not sure I get it but I enjoyed it.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote