HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Otters head coach Ftorek fired?

Old
03-16-2012, 11:45 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Otters head coach Ftorek fired?

I dont want to start pointless rumors but I have heard rumblings Otters head coach Robbie Ftorek will be fired Monday. I dont know if this is a rumor based on the result of their poor record or there is truth to it. Has anyone one else heard this?

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Libbs

Twitter sources were saying there is a press conference scheduled for Monday.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Ottomatic

Would be the right move. With McDavid and #3 import pick coming in the Otters should use it as a chance for a fresh start. Also opportunity to coach McDavid might allow Erie to have a few candidates lining up for their job.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:17 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Would be the right move. With McDavid and #3 import pick coming in the Otters should use it as a chance for a fresh start. Also opportunity to coach McDavid might allow Erie to have a few candidates lining up for their job.
Those are some excellent points Ottomatic, I know Ftorek still has two years left on his contract though. I have always liked him because you can only coach what is given to you (which this year was not much), with that being said it is a big opportunity to bring in someone with great coaching abilities. The team has huge potential as well.

Old
03-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Libbs

Sherry Bassin needs to stop being so GD stubborn and just retire already! He's far too old and has lost touch with the game. Let Dave Brown take over and walk off into the sunset Sherry! Give your team an actual chance to build a winner...

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:31 AM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
Those are some excellent points Ottomatic, I know Ftorek still has two years left on his contract though. I have always liked him because you can only coach what is given to you (which this year was not much), with that being said it is a big opportunity to bring in someone with great coaching abilities. The team has huge potential as well.
And Victor Fernandes(the Otters beat writer for the Erie Times News)backs up Ftorek's contract length; he notes on his Twitter feed(GoErieHockey if you want to follow him)that it wouldn't be a wise move since you don't need a fired coach on the payroll UNLESS it includes a buyout of the rest of his deal.

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:48 AM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Sherry Bassin needs to stop being so GD stubborn and just retire already! He's far too old and has lost touch with the game. Let Dave Brown take over and walk off into the sunset Sherry! Give your team an actual chance to build a winner...
Scary to imagine Libbs, but I agree with you 100%.

Bassin should be put out to pasture, rather than ruin Erie's future, especially if they have McDavid coming in.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
1mustthnk

Press conference for 3:00 today. Ftorek fired? New lease? New GM?

1mustthnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Scary to imagine Libbs, but I agree with you 100%.

Bassin should be put out to pasture, rather than ruin Erie's future, especially if they have McDavid coming in.
Isn't Bassin also a majortiy owner? Can't see him relinquishing control, can you?

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Isn't Bassin also a majortiy owner? Can't see him relinquishing control, can you?
Maybe he can be President of Hockey Operations, but hire another GM to run the on ice personel issues.

Erie hasnt had a good track record over the last 5 years or so.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
1mustthnk

Otters agree to two-year lease extension with ECCCA; hire John Frey as Director of Operations

1mustthnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:14 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mustthnk View Post
Otters agree to two-year lease extension with ECCCA; hire John Frey as Director of Operations
2 year extension is not a long period of time. Would that seem somewhat unsettling for Otters fans that it was not longer?

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
2 year extension is not a long period of time. Would that seem somewhat unsettling for Otters fans that it was not longer?
Yes I certainly agree and see your point as I am not sure what will happen after that two years. However the Tulio is currently going under 42 million dollar renovations set to be complete for the 2013-14 season so that may have something to do with the 2 years.