HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

3 Fights Break Out At Puck Drop at Rangers vs Devils

Old
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Lol, he connected right before Carter turtled and Carter were dripping before he went down.

Get a coach that got some honor and pride in him if your players can't take a punch after a BS move...
Yes...because Carter turtled after being hit with Bickels wrist guard or whatever the lowest pad is on the arm and was blinded by his own blood. SO noble of Bickel to keep punching him while he was down too, get out of here chump.

Also, if anyone can indeed add yakity sax to the video, that would just make it perfect xD

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Based off of what? Dubinsky would've knocked his ass back to the IR.
And you sir, are an absolute homer if you think Brandon Dubinsky could knock Bryce Salvador to the IR...Ryan Carter Broke his nose...Salvador? Ha. Ha. Ha.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharkenby View Post
Does anyone realize the reason carter was bleeding so much was because his stitches opened up. It was really an even tilt
It was mention 65 times or so in this very thread...

schabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Oldschool hockey baby and I'm loving it. Hard to understand how true hockeyfans can not like that stuff if something like this is pissing some guys off your are either *** or not interested in intense hockey at all.

Thats the way it used to be and as you can see the crowd is pumped it. Also its not like fighters going at non fighters this 6 pack can throw.

Just great start to the game

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
You don't.
Can't wait to hear more. Care to explain?

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post

And you sir, are an absolute homer if you think Brandon Dubinsky could knock Bryce Salvador to the IR...Ryan Carter Broke his nose...Salvador? Ha. Ha. Ha.
This. After watching Salador play for about 7 years in St. Louis...I'll take Salvador in this scenario.

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Even though the Devils lost, it was worth it seeing that psycho flip out on the bench for no reason. Man, Torts is deranged
Looking at the reactions that your team had after the game, I think they probably would've wanted the two points more than seeing the opposing head coach standing up for his team.

Quote:
The frustrated Devils even left one of the locker stalls in the visiting team room damaged following the emotional contest.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz1pgvno88r

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
These fights have inspired me to watch hockey brawls all day on youtube. Time well spent.

I love how in our game if you don't like what someone does, you go do something about it.
Wish I could retweet this.

Just re-watched this and the Dubinsky fight.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDOMH3RO View Post
Even though the devils lost, I feel like they won the cup.

They need it to catch all the blood.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:43 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Sure you can. This is hockey, fighting is allowed.

One team put out their fighters, the other team put out their fighters too, and the fighters decided to fight each other. Please cite what rule was broken, because I'm coming up empty.

Not saying it wasn't a dick move by deboer to try to start the game with fights, but he didn't break any rules.
breaking your stick on the ice after a non call doesnt break any rules, still you're going to be called with unsportmanlike conduct.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Chimp

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...k_rule_change/

Quote:
... Of particular interest was LeBrun’s conversation with NHL vice president Colin Campbell regarding possible rule changes in the wake of the Rangers-Devils’ game-opening three-on-three brawl.

Campbell told LeBrun there’s a chance the NHL GM’s could adapt rules that would subject coaches to possible fines and players to possible suspensions for such early-game staged fights, just as there are rules governing fights in the final five minutes of a game. Coaches can incur up to a $10,000 fine and players can receive a one-game suspension for an instigator penalty.

“What we did with the competition committee coming out of the lockout, we crafted a new rule at the end of the game,” Campbell told ESPN.com. “We put the onus on the coach and the player.

“If the GMs find this (Rangers-Devils’ fight) unacceptable, maybe we’d craft it the same way at the start of the game, put the onus on both the player and the coach,” Campbell said to ESPN.com. “Or you’d have to find a current interpretation of the rulebook.”...
No fighting in the last 5 minutes of the game. No instigating a fight. No fights in the first 5 minutes of the game. What's next? Not more than one fight occuring at the same time. No fights after hits, no fights before the end of a period, no fights before commercials.

I have a shortcut. Here's NHL in 10 years:

No hitting, no fighting, huge goals, minimal protection for the goalkeepers... what's stopping the NHL already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Been a fan for over 10 years. Why do I have to defend myself anyway for not thinking like you?

Somehow the rest of the world manages to play the game without fights every game. But not in NA? Strange.
It must be hard following a team where a heated rivalry is the meaning of "those other teams in the division you really want a win against". Heck, even Columbus has a "rivalry" going on.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
SMantzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Looking at the reactions that your team had after the game, I think they probably would've wanted the two points more than seeing the opposing head coach standing up for his team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...#ixzz1pgvno88r
According to Devils beat writer, Tom Gulitti, who is an obvious Rags fan, there was no damage in the locker room. He was there longer than any of the players

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeYOrpik View Post
Yeah, it is. This is a hockey game, not wrestling. Crap like this and what happened between the isles and pens last year is detrimental to the league. ESPN is going to have a field day with this.
Then don't watch.. seriously.. How do people hate what happened in this game. There was fights right off the faceoff between these teams before. DeBoer didn't like it then probabley so he put out his 4th.. and torts countered. I call that a nice chess match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
New rankings for dirtiest players in the league

1 Bickel
2 Kunitz
3 Malkin
No marchand.. thats a first on HF boards.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
I'm torn on this subject; As a Devils fan, I thought it was incredible. To kickstart the intensity of a rival game like that.. I don't think a fan of either team wasn't amped up, and it stayed that way throughout the whole first period.

From another fan's perspective, I could definitely see them disapproving.

As for Torts and DB, neither are at fault for anything. Pete made a coaching decision, and Torts responded to it exactly as he should have. The whole thing gets blown out of proportion because of Torts hollering, but I don't think I've watched a NYR game this season where he hasn't done just that.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:24 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
It must be hard following a team where a heated rivalry is the meaning of "those other teams in the division you really want a win against". Heck, even Columbus has a "rivalry" going on.

-

In this really heated rivalry, why not just skip the BS and get down to BUSINESS and see who wins the HOCKEY GAME?

Old
03-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

-

In this really heated rivalry, why not just skip the BS and get down to BUSINESS and see who wins the HOCKEY GAME?

ALL of the historic rivalries in the NHL have revolved around violence.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
ALL of the historic rivalries in the NHL have revolved around violence.
What's your point?

Old
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
What's your point?
IT makes the games more exciting. It makes rivalries more exciting. None of those fights hurt/ruined hockey.. if anything they made it more entertaining. If people don't like it.. then i suggest watching tennis.

Old
03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Therick67

Fighting has been part of the sport in North America for a 100 years. I think most fans of the game like it, so I'm not sure why that should change.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
IT makes the games more exciting. It makes rivalries more exciting. None of those fights hurt/ruined hockey.. if anything they made it more entertaining. If people don't like it.. then i suggest watching tennis.
Exciting? Maybe, to people who like violence.
Doesn't bring anything to the game itself though.
You can't argue against an American in something involving violence. I give up.

Watch UFC/wrestling instead and let us hockey fans enjoy a fast paced, hard fought game of hockey.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Therick67

Quote:

Watch UFC/wrestling instead and let us hockey fans enjoy a fast paced, hard fought game of hockey.
Why can't we enjoy both? It's been part of the league since its birth. Why should it change? because you don't like it. I've put out plenty of cash to see the Bruins play over the years and they've been my passion since I was 6 years old. I like it in the game.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:

Yea except for the fact junior leagues in the USA don't allow fighting, but those in Canada do.

Fighting is what makes rivalry more entertaining than another sport, the fact that you can assault your rival. To me its a very gratifying feeling, seeing your team be able to go after a player on the other team without massive fines and suspensions.

Maybe use fans from Boston were raised differently, as we hang #24 int he same row as #4, but fighting is part of the game I love. I don't need fighting to be entertained, but I do need to potential for one to happen.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:

Don't say hard fought.. i don't like the connotation I love violence or at least the threat of especially when one another team puts out a line that has some tough guys and then you match them with your own. I see that you have the flag of sweden for your location or whatever. Maybe you should watch the swedish elite league or whatever it is. I hear theres is no fighting there so you can watch your clean game if ya want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Why can't we enjoy both? It's been part of the league since its birth. Why should it change? because you don't like it. I've put out plenty of cash to see the Bruins play over the years and they've been my passion since I was 6 years old. I like it in the game.
Because liberals and annoying media types tell us this is how the game will never get popular. I have personally stopped giving a **** about certain people not getting into hockey. Also i've stopped giving a **** about people *****ing about the violence in hockey. Derek Sanderson said it best "hockey is a violent sport, played by at times violent men. Don't like it, change the channel to tennis"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Yea except for the fact junior leagues in the USA don't allow fighting, but those in Canada do.

Fighting is what makes rivalry more entertaining than another sport, the fact that you can assault your rival. To me its a very gratifying feeling, seeing your team be able to go after a player on the other team without massive fines and suspensions.

Maybe use fans from Boston were raised differently, as we hang #24 int he same row as #4, but fighting is part of the game I love. I don't need fighting to be entertained, but I do need to potential for one to happen.
I always find it funny when other fans say that boston fans just want to see fights.. I love watching the game of hockey no matter whos playing and what type of game it is. I love the olympics and playoff hockey and there isn't much fighting involved. But what happened between the devils and rangers was awesome and whoever doesn't like than I don't really care for their opinion. This isn't a street brawl or a dude getting jumped outside the bar down the street. Its between 6 dudes that are equally matched in fighting prowess.

Old
03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Don't say hard fought.. i don't like the connotation I love violence or at least the threat of especially when one another team puts out a line that has some tough guys and then you match them with your own. I see that you have the flag of sweden for your location or whatever. Maybe you should watch the swedish elite league or whatever it is. I hear theres is no fighting there so you can watch your clean game if ya want.
Yeah somewhere in Europe I think... is it a country...? hm

Again, I don't mind fighting in this league. What I do mind is the BS fights that break out 3 seconds into a game without any reason. That is a staged fight, I don't care what you say.

Stand up for your teammate=Good fight

This....

Old
03-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Tuff Gong

Send a message via MSN to Tuff Gong
Society as a whole is going soft, so I am not surprised to see so many people against fights, really too bad.

Tuff Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:10 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
That was awesome. Love seeing 2 teams that don't like each other

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote