Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Here's hoping that Ryan and Palmieri have chemistry for a long time; thinking about the national team, here.
I suddenly want to trade Ryan.

jk jk

Old
03-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
called it

LOL

Love it!

PS
Great game, well at least depending on highlights.

Old
03-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
I suddenly want to trade Ryan.

jk jk
I'm sure Burke will make Wilson our coach again, so you're probably fine.

Speaking of international play, I hope to see our team accept some invites for the WCs. We know the Finns will be there, but I'd like to see North America represent.

Old
03-20-2012, 05:38 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 478
Quote:
will watch game when it comes on game center. i have no ****ing idea why it was blacklisted... ****ing pretty mad about that still. Hope DSP stays on the first line for next game, but am pretty pissed he wasn't put there sooner.
nbcsc picked it up. gc live blacksout any game that is local or is picked up by nbc and one other carrier. kinda stupid as it forces the people who pay for the service to go out and find the nhls competitors - illegal stream sites.

good business model eh

Old
03-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Jerky Leclerc

Once upon a time in Ducks history, rookies Frank Banham and Josef Marha played great at the end of a non-playoff year and gave hopes to thousands of Ducks fans that they would anchor a second line. If we are expecting a bunch of kids like Palmieri and DSP to replace Selanne and other vets next year, its going to be another long year. This team needs an infusion of veteran grit that cost us this season.

Old
03-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Once upon a time in Ducks history, rookies Frank Banham and Josef Marha played great at the end of a non-playoff year and gave hopes to thousands of Ducks fans that they would anchor a second line. If we are expecting a bunch of kids like Palmieri and DSP to replace Selanne and other vets next year, its going to be another long year. This team needs an infusion of veteran grit that cost us this season.
Us and 20 other teams int he NHL. That **** isnt easy to come by. Or cheap.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:05 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

First line was very good as was the third line. I hope Bonino keeps the third line center gig next season, and KP finally starts to look like an NHL player.

I expect to see Ryan on the second line next year as I don't think Teemu will come back, but I hope we can at least keep Bonino on the third line, and potentially Palmieri there if he can be consistent. Maybe McMillan can be one of the bottom 6 forwards next year if he can find his form again. Problem being a lot of inexperienced players though, do agree with a few posts above saying we need some veteran forwards to help bring on the younger forwards next season.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
LizardKing1

Quote:

Speaking of international play, I hope to see our team accept some invites for the WCs. We know the Finns will be there, but I'd like to see North America represent.
I think the main question for team Finland is will Teemu come for maybe the last time.
And Lydman whould be so important to have as we dont have many NHL defensman.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:57 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:

Yeah, I definitely want to see some Ducks in the WCs. Few Finns should be there, Lubo for Slovakia, Ryan and Fowler maybe, Hiller and Sbisa in team Switzerland and Perry in team Canada. Getzlaf and Beauchemin are doubtful I think. BTW, has Beauchemin ever played for Canada?

Old
03-20-2012, 09:22 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Getzlaf would surely make Team Canada at the WC no?

Old
03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Maybe as a 4th liner

Well, he should have to. Not many others will make it for Canada due to PO`s. Even though Getz is far from what he was in previous years of his career, he have to get in.

Maye this is the year when Getz and Perry should have to get WC gold to put next to Olympic gold and Stanley Cup?

Old
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Yeah, it's dangerous to read too much into relatively small sample sizes. It's good that some young guys have shown promise, but you don't bet the entire season on the idea that they'll all pan out.

That being said, if this team is ever going to do anything other than bounce around between mediocre to average, it's going to need at least SOME of these kids to pan out, and probably in a big way. We don't have the budget to go out and buy a team with zero question marks ... and even if we did have the budget, I'm not sure there'd be enough cap room.

Quote:
doesn't seem that long ago, sorry.

and ftfy
Nah, those other guys were like 24 and under. Bure was already 26, not to mention he was already being slowed by rather serious injury.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Yes, but does he have motivation for it?

Old
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
mightyquack
Reverse Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Yes, but does he have motivation for it?
That is true, I seem to remember him playing in it in 2008, though he didn't play in 2010. So who knows

Old
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

vCash: 69
While we're on that subject...firstly I'd love to see Teemu play for Finland again.

But I think that Fowler, Palmieri (if he's granted a spot), Sbisa, Hiller, and Ryan should accept WC invites. I think that group has been playing great lately and it can't hurt to keep the ball rolling and get a little more experience.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
While we're on that subject...firstly I'd love to see Teemu play for Finland again.

But I think that Fowler, Palmieri (if he's granted a spot), Sbisa, Hiller, and Ryan should accept WC invites. I think that group has been playing great lately and it can't hurt to keep the ball rolling and get a little more experience.
I always love the WC's, it's through them that I got originally hooked on hockey. When you ask most Finnish fans if they want to see Selanne play in the Finnish NT, they say yes. But the fact is that very rarely has the WC's worked out for us when Selanne has been on our team. Last year we won with probably the least NHL players ever in our team and it was through team effort and defense, so-called "our game". A lot of "experts" think Selanne can't play that kind of game, because lets face it, when you say defense, Selanne doesn't exactly come into mind.

Overall, I'd imagine that if Selanne plays in the WC's, he won't be coming back for another season. Plus he said a couple of years ago that his NT career is over.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Paul4587

I'd rather see our big players rest than play in a fairly meaningless WC competition. I'm all for Palmieri/Fowler/Sbisa etc going but I would rather not see the likes of Getzlaf, Ryan, Lydman etc there.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:45 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Plus he said a couple of years ago that his NT career is over.
I wouldn't put too much weight on what he has said in the past. How many times has he said that "this is my last season, definitely"? Also if I remember right, he said something about being interested in playing for Finland this year.

And yes, I understand the irony of my post when first I advice not to listen to what comes out of Selšnne's mouth and then base my argument on what he has said .

Old
03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I'd rather see our big players rest than play in a fairly meaningless WC competition. I'm all for Palmieri/Fowler/Sbisa etc going but I would rather not see the likes of Getzlaf, Ryan, Lydman etc there.
The offseason is long, few weeks of playing shouldn't affect their strengh in the beginning of next season.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:

Palmieri should get an invite if Kreider and Craig Smith did last season.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
The offseason is long, few weeks of playing shouldn't affect their strengh in the beginning of next season.
This....a million times this. If anything it should help with their conditioning.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
This....a million times this. If anything it should help with their conditioning.
No, it wouldn't. An hockey season breaks the body down, it doesn't condition it for more hockey. Players lose muscle over the course of the season. That's one of the reasons you'll see certain prospects get more of a pass in the NHL Combine than others. The players who just finished playing won't have had the same opportunity to recover and work on their conditioning.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No, it wouldn't. An hockey season breaks the body down, it doesn't condition it for more hockey. Players lose muscle over the course of the season. That's one of the reasons you'll see certain prospects get more of a pass in the NHL Combine than others. The players who just finished playing won't have had the same opportunity to recover and work on their conditioning.
Exactly, players get weaker over the season because all they're doing is playing hockey, they don't have much time to do any lifting. Which is why it is so hard for teams to go deep in the playoffs in back to back years, they don't have the time to recover properly and they're at a disadvantage compared to well rested teams going into the next season.

It's not like it's the Olympics or a world cup, it's an almost meaningless World Championships tournament that the majority of eligible players will pass on. I'm sure the Ducks will be represented there but it's probably in Anaheim's best interests for their players not to go.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
it's pathetic, I love and Canada and can't get any of those channels. at least its my friends account.

Closed Thread