HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011-2012 Individual Game Tickets For Sale

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Abooch68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Why are the tickets with email feature still working? I thought they were turned off 2 hrs before game time.

Some of those prices are nuts though.
No you're right.. They must have just changed it because it has always been with the instant download tickets two hours before game time.. I wonder if you can use your phone as your "ticket."

Old
03-20-2012, 12:27 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
No you're right.. They must have just changed it because it has always been with the instant download tickets two hours before game time.. I wonder if you can use your phone as your "ticket."
Pretty sure they changed the cutoff time from 2 hours to 1 hour a year or so ago.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Abooch68

I'm selling a pair in section 318 Bar stool seating for 3/30 against the Canadiens. Awesome spot to watch the game in pretty much your own private area with nobody getting in your way. Asking what I paid which is $98 per ticket. PM me.

Last edited by Abooch68: 03-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Abooch68

Email from Stubhub.

Good news! We’re giving you two more hours to sell tickets listed for Instant Download. They’ll be able to stay listed right up until the game starts.
We’ll make this change for the following teams on February 19, 2012:

Old
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Choice

Have two for Friday against Buffalo. Section 104 (Rangers shoot in the second), row 9. Want face of $165 each, but feel free to PM me best offer and will consider.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Email from Stubhub.

Good news! We’re giving you two more hours to sell tickets listed for Instant Download. They’ll be able to stay listed right up until the game starts.
We’ll make this change for the following teams on February 19, 2012:
That's interesting. Don't know how that works if the team turns off the email feature for every ticket an hour before but that definitely helps people looking for last minute tickets.

03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
ban

Quote:
That's interesting. Don't know how that works if the team turns off the email feature for every ticket an hour before but that definitely helps people looking for last minute tickets.
To upload tickets to stubhub, you have to email them to yourself, so the TicketExchange 2 hour cutoff is a moot point, you have already emailed them. That is why many tickets are not "Instant Download" at stubhub, because if they are they can not also be listed on TE. Once game time nears (prior to 2 hrs), and you have tickets to sell, you must take them off TE and email to yourself in order to upload to SH.

Prior to change (very recent), Stubhub also had 2 hour cutoff. Not sure why, it was not needed for "Instant Download", but they finally realized this and ended 2 hr cutoff.

When on stubhub, you are always better getting the PDF files sent to you, it is foolproof! The only way to load PDF is to take them off of TE and email to yourself. By doing this, they obviously cant sell on TE and more importantly the "real" hard tickets are electronically cancelled out. So, if a seller made honest mistake and double sold tickets (happens), the person with PDF gets in, person with hard tickets gets denied!

People "fear" the email ticket, but if it is sent to you by Rangers it is 100% sure thing (which is what happens when it is sent out of Rangers Account by season ticket holders). If it is forwarded to you from someone else (ie I email to myself and then forward to you) not 100% since I could theoretically send same email to 100 people, first to MSG gets in.

If buying from SH PDF is surest thing (to ensure you get into game, SH would return your money if you were cheated, but who needs hassle?)

If buying from individual, having tickets emailed to you, DIRECTLY from Rangers account is 100% sure thing. Any other way, INCLUDING HARD TICKETS, you are trusting the individual you are dealing with to not screw you.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban View Post
To upload tickets to stubhub, you have to email them to yourself, so the TicketExchange 2 hour cutoff is a moot point, you have already emailed them. That is why many tickets are not "Instant Download" at stubhub, because if they are they can not also be listed on TE. Once game time nears (prior to 2 hrs), and you have tickets to sell, you must take them off TE and email to yourself in order to upload to SH.

Prior to change (very recent), Stubhub also had 2 hour cutoff. Not sure why, it was not needed for "Instant Download", but they finally realized this and ended 2 hr cutoff.

When on stubhub, you are always better getting the PDF files sent to you, it is foolproof! The only way to load PDF is to take them off of TE and email to yourself. By doing this, they obviously cant sell on TE and more importantly the "real" hard tickets are electronically cancelled out. So, if a seller made honest mistake and double sold tickets (happens), the person with PDF gets in, person with hard tickets gets denied!

People "fear" the email ticket, but if it is sent to you by Rangers it is 100% sure thing (which is what happens when it is sent out of Rangers Account by season ticket holders). If it is forwarded to you from someone else (ie I email to myself and then forward to you) not 100% since I could theoretically send same email to 100 people, first to MSG gets in.

If buying from SH PDF is surest thing (to ensure you get into game, SH would return your money if you were cheated, but who needs hassle?)

If buying from individual, having tickets emailed to you, DIRECTLY from Rangers account is 100% sure thing. Any other way, INCLUDING HARD TICKETS, you are trusting the individual you are dealing with to not screw you.
Makes sense. I've always wondered about the hard tickets being automatically cancelled once you've emailed the tickets so it's good to get some clarification on that. I was under the assumption that that also applied under the "first to get to MSG" rule. Interesting stuff though, thanks for all the info.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:39 PM
ban

Yes, hard tickets are cancelled electronically once tickets are emailed or sold on Ticket Exchange. That is why when buying from scalper out front of MSG, you have NO way to know if tickets are good. They can be "real" tickets, that have been electronically cancelled. I do not know if MSG cares at all about people cheated buying from scalpers. If they did care, they could obviously contact season ticket holders whose tickets were "double" sold and ask "What is going on". Does anyone know if they take any interest in the cheated?

My brother, who is not the sharpest tack in the box (think Rain Man without the intelligent side), bought tickets a couple of years ago at last minute (most dangerous time) which did not scan. Do not think MSG cared at all (of course didn't let him in).

I have accidently sold same tickets twice (forgot to take off Ticket Exchange), and had to call individual and refund money. Once they sell on TE it is over, they are out of your account, no do overs. If same thing happens with SH, you can tell SH you no longer have the tickets, and no penalty.

Again, best idea when buying tickets here, or anywhere, from season ticket holder, is to have them email tickets DIRECT to you from Rangers account. It is free. Email will come from Rangers, and you can be 100% certain they will work! Unless you forward copies to someone else, then it is first one to get to MSG. No one would be that stupid I think, not even my brother!

Old
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Yes, hard tickets are cancelled electronically once tickets are emailed or sold on Ticket Exchange. That is why when buying from scalper out front of MSG, you have NO way to know if tickets are good. They can be "real" tickets, that have been electronically cancelled. I do not know if MSG cares at all about people cheated buying from scalpers. If they did care, they could obviously contact season ticket holders whose tickets were "double" sold and ask "What is going on". Does anyone know if they take any interest in the cheated?

My brother, who is not the sharpest tack in the box (think Rain Man without the intelligent side), bought tickets a couple of years ago at last minute (most dangerous time) which did not scan. Do not think MSG cared at all (of course didn't let him in).

I have accidently sold same tickets twice (forgot to take off Ticket Exchange), and had to call individual and refund money. Once they sell on TE it is over, they are out of your account, no do overs. If same thing happens with SH, you can tell SH you no longer have the tickets, and no penalty.

Again, best idea when buying tickets here, or anywhere, from season ticket holder, is to have them email tickets DIRECT to you from Rangers account. It is free. Email will come from Rangers, and you can be 100% certain they will work! Unless you forward copies to someone else, then it is first one to get to MSG. No one would be that stupid I think, not even my brother!
I'm surprised no one's pulled stunts where they email the tickets to themselves and then sell the hard ticket to a scalper outside when it's obviously cancelled. Hell, I'm sure it has been tried actually. It's just flat out dangerous to buy outside of MSG though since you can't be sure the tickets are real like you said. If you buy em from TE, they're guaranteed to be 100 percent real and if you buy from StubHub, at least you have their policy to back you up.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:45 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
If the tickets are real season ticket stock, even if they have voided barcodes you will have recourse. All of those tickets have the original owners account number on them and they (as in YOU if you are a season ticket holder) are responsible. I've had this happen a couple of times to me as a seller for Yankees tickets, when I sold someone tickets but forgot to take down the listing on stubhub that sold. My rep called me and said there was a guy in his office with my tickets that was denied admission. Each time I had to cough up the money for the closest available seats. The Rangers will do the same thing, the original ticket owner is 100% responsible and liable for what happens to their ticket stubs

Old
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
If the tickets are real season ticket stock, even if they have voided barcodes you will have recourse. All of those tickets have the original owners account number on them and they (as in YOU if you are a seaosn ticket holder) are responsible. I've had this happen a couple of times to me as a seller for Yankees tickets, when I sold someone tickets but forgot to take down the listing on stubhub. My rep called me and said there was a guy in his office with my tickets and was denied admission. Each time I had to cough up the money for the closest available seats. The Rangers will do the same thing, the original ticket owner is 100% responsible and liable for what happens to their ticket stubs
Well that directly shoots down the theory that I just posted lol. I'd hope they would do something about it as opposed to just saying your ticket doesn't work, go **** yourself.

Old
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

I'm trying to figure out how to get tickets at the office tomorrow but I don't have Flash Player so Stubhub doesn't work correctly.

If I buy a ticket with Instant Delivery on my phone, is it just a PDF that's emailed over or do I need to go on Stubhub itself to print it?

Old
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to get tickets at the office tomorrow but I don't have Flash Player so Stubhub doesn't work correctly.

If I buy a ticket with Instant Delivery on my phone, is it just a PDF that's emailed over or do I need to go on Stubhub itself to print it?
It's emailed to you a couple of minutes after the order in a PDF from StubHub.

Old
03-20-2012, 04:01 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
It's emailed to you a couple of minutes after the order in a PDF from StubHub.
Awesome, so I could just order from my phone and email it and print it on PC?

Thanks!

Old
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Awesome, so I could just order from my phone and email it and print it on PC?

Thanks!
It will be emailed to whatever email is associated with your account so if you buy it on your phone, you should be able to just go on to your email on the computer and print it. I don't know how the phone version works though, I've only ordered off of the main site.

Old
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
It will be emailed to whatever email is associated with your account so if you buy it on your phone, you should be able to just go on to your email on the computer and print it. I don't know how the phone version works though, I've only ordered off of the main site.
Yeah, it's annoying not having flash player on my PC at work so I can barely do anything on Stubhub. I actually just called and he just said the direct link in the email should be good to go as well as it just emails you the direct download link to SH after you login to the website.

Thanks! Hoping to get some good tickets to tomorrow's game.

Last edited by qwertyaas: 03-20-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
ban

I was not sure if MSG cared about people getting cheated by scalpers. Good to hear that they do!

I once emailed 3 of my 6 to a friend, then handed the same 3 seats, hard tickets to another friend by mistake (was supposed to give him the other 3). When the guy with Hard tickets got to game he couldn't get in. He (not MSG) called me and I called my rep and got it straightened out since the other 3 seats were open.

Funny Story: When I first got my season tickets (naive), I sold a couple of games to a guy off craigslist, no problems. He then asked to buy another game later in year, said he would pay in a week or so. Since we already had dealt with each other, and because I knew I could cancel if I had to, I went ahead and mailed tickets right away.

Wouldn't you know it, NO CHECK ever showed up. I kept emailing him. Nothing. Emailed and told him to call, I let him know in email it might be an honest mistake or lost check in mail or something, but if he didn't call I was going to cancel tickets. Nothing.

Game turned out to be much bigger than when I "sold" to him (forget what year, but it was end of season and battling for playoffs), so I was glad I was able to go!

Sure enough, I am on escalator inside MSG and phone rings. It is the idiot telling me tickets aren't working, and I can make it good with rep (don't know if rep was just going to let him in on my word). I start laughing, telling him I am inside MSG, game is going to be great, go F yourself. He starts saying he doesn't know what happened, blah blah, then "I only saw your emails 2 days ago". Tries to immediately back track from that comment! I am now 100% sure I did not mess something up (my accounting is not my strongpoint). I tell him to have fun watching game on TV and hang up!

Love that story! Not sure what he was thinking when my tickets showed up in mail and he had not sent check, maybe that I was a fool! Well I'm not, and he came into city from suburbs with 3 friends, thinking they were getting a free Rangers game, NOT!

Old
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Anyone not going tomorrow night? Looking for anything... 2-4 tickets.

Old
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
I was not sure if MSG cared about people getting cheated by scalpers. Good to hear that they do!

I once emailed 3 of my 6 to a friend, then handed the same 3 seats, hard tickets to another friend by mistake (was supposed to give him the other 3). When the guy with Hard tickets got to game he couldn't get in. He (not MSG) called me and I called my rep and got it straightened out since the other 3 seats were open.

Funny Story: When I first got my season tickets (naive), I sold a couple of games to a guy off craigslist, no problems. He then asked to buy another game later in year, said he would pay in a week or so. Since we already had dealt with each other, and because I knew I could cancel if I had to, I went ahead and mailed tickets right away.

Wouldn't you know it, NO CHECK ever showed up. I kept emailing him. Nothing. Emailed and told him to call, I let him know in email it might be an honest mistake or lost check in mail or something, but if he didn't call I was going to cancel tickets. Nothing.

Game turned out to be much bigger than when I "sold" to him (forget what year, but it was end of season and battling for playoffs), so I was glad I was able to go!

Sure enough, I am on escalator inside MSG and phone rings. It is the idiot telling me tickets aren't working, and I can make it good with rep (don't know if rep was just going to let him in on my word). I start laughing, telling him I am inside MSG, game is going to be great, go F yourself. He starts saying he doesn't know what happened, blah blah, then "I only saw your emails 2 days ago". Tries to immediately back track from that comment! I am now 100% sure I did not mess something up (my accounting is not my strongpoint). I tell him to have fun watching game on TV and hang up!

Love that story! Not sure what he was thinking when my tickets showed up in mail and he had not sent check, maybe that I was a fool! Well I'm not, and he came into city from suburbs with 3 friends, thinking they were getting a free Rangers game, NOT!
The worst is the paypal scam. Someone agrees to buy your tickets and pays you through paypal, then you deliver the e-tickets and the guy goes to the game. After the game, the buyer files a dispute, says he never got the tickets, and paypal gives him his money back. You tell paypal you emailed them and here is my receipt from Ticketfast. NOT GOOD ENOUGH, you are out the full amount and the tickets, and it's too late to do anything about it.

Paypal REQUIRES that for seller protection, you must deliver tickets through hard mail with delivery tracking & confirmation to the official address on record in the guy's VERIFIED paypal account. If the value of the transaction is $250 or more, then you NEED a SIGNATURE on top of that. Anything less, and the buyer has the full ability to completely screw you. So beware!

By the way, Paypal is owned by eBay, and they own stubhub. So they're not exactly going to bend over backwards to make it fair & easy for you sell tickets effortlessly through a site like Craigslist.

Old
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
useref15

I've used Craigslist for the last two Rangers-Devils games at MSG, and got a great deal both times. The first time the guy e-mailed me them, and last night I met up with the guy near MSG. It worked out both times because I got a great deal on tickets.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
If the tickets are real season ticket stock, even if they have voided barcodes you will have recourse. All of those tickets have the original owners account number on them and they (as in YOU if you are a season ticket holder) are responsible. I've had this happen a couple of times to me as a seller for Yankees tickets, when I sold someone tickets but forgot to take down the listing on stubhub that sold. My rep called me and said there was a guy in his office with my tickets that was denied admission. Each time I had to cough up the money for the closest available seats. The Rangers will do the same thing, the original ticket owner is 100% responsible and liable for what happens to their ticket stubs
Not so sure on that, at least with the Rangers. When I moved in the middle of the 2005-06 season, I misplaced my season ticket book. I called my rep to ask if I could get the tickets re-printed. He said all I needed to do was email the tickets to myself, and print. The originals would be voided. I explained I was worried about someone finding them, selling etc. Said not to worry about it.

Last year, at about 6:30, I couldn't find my tickets. Figured I left them at work. Went to a library, printed up new tickets, walked in, no problem. Got to work the next day, and the tickets were nowhere to be found. I definitely did bring them with me, and did have them in the car when I was driving to the game. Also searched the car, not in there. Had to have dropped them as I was walking or getting out of my car. If someone picked them up, sold them, not sure how the Garden can justify that I am responsible for that money.

About 10 years ago, one of my regular buyers gave my tickets to a friend. His friend got to the ticket taker and was denied. Came up on the scanner as "reported stolen". I know I never reported the tickets stolen. Anyway, my regular emailed me the next day after hearing from his friend. I called the season ticket office, told them the guy had to buy tickets in the 300's. The rep called me an hour later said I should stop by one of the windows and there would be an envelope with my name for a refund. The gave me cash for the 300-level tickets the guy had to buy. The Rangers had never contacted me saying there was a problem.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:08 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
The worst is the paypal scam. Someone agrees to buy your tickets and pays you through paypal, then you deliver the e-tickets and the guy goes to the game. After the game, the buyer files a dispute, says he never got the tickets, and paypal gives him his money back. You tell paypal you emailed them and here is my receipt from Ticketfast. NOT GOOD ENOUGH, you are out the full amount and the tickets, and it's too late to do anything about it.

Paypal REQUIRES that for seller protection, you must deliver tickets through hard mail with delivery tracking & confirmation to the official address on record in the guy's VERIFIED paypal account. If the value of the transaction is $250 or more, then you NEED a SIGNATURE on top of that. Anything less, and the buyer has the full ability to completely screw you. So beware!

By the way, Paypal is owned by eBay, and they own stubhub. So they're not exactly going to bend over backwards to make it fair & easy for you sell tickets effortlessly through a site like Craigslist.
That paypal scam will only work if you do that outside of stubhub. Sell on stubhub and they are delivered through Fed Ex. Buyer only has 7 days from date of delivery to file a claim.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
ban

I don't know, but I would assume the same person would not be able to use the "paypal scam" more than once or twice. If same guy claimed bad tickets 10 times, think it would raise some flags with paypal, but again I do not have any personal knowledge.

Plus I wonder if your history with paypal means anything. I have hundreds of transactions with 0 problems, if some guy with new or shaky account history claimed I scammed him, who would paypal believe?

Sucks that there are crooks out there!

Old
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
patnyrnyg

From what I know about Paypal, they will still side with the buyer.

Closed Thread