HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Up-and-coming prospects from non-traditional hockey countries

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 02:27 PM
  #76
Kiraly
Registered User
 
Kiraly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Stumbled across this thread (again) searching for Mario Huber.


For Great Britain I would add:

Lewis Hook

Hook will be on the British roster for the U16 Tournament in Netherlands this month and has also been named to the U18 W.C team.


For Hungary I would add:

Vilmos Gallo

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
  #77
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
Not exactly an NHL prospect, but I found this player very intriguing.

Ludovic Kabambi is playing for Acadie-Bathurst of the QMJHL, but is originally from Kinshasa, Congo.

EDIT: He could have already been mentioned in this thread but I haven't looked through it.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
  #78
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,554
vCash: 500
I'm surprised no one has mentioned French players Charles Bertrand and Yohann Auvitu, both play in SM-liiga.

Bertrand is already an established player playing in top-9 for Lukko. Auvitu played most of the season with JYP.

Both have a chance to become very good SM-liiga players, don't know about any NHL potential though. Especially Bertrand has improved a lot, he's really had a breakthrough year.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
  #79
UkraineTrain
Registered User
 
UkraineTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ukraine
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Pavel Padakin, the best Ukrainian prospect in years http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=68358 and he plays in NAHL. There was an interview where he says that he's going to play in OHL next year.

UkraineTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
  #80
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,752
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by UkraineTrain View Post
Pavel Padakin, the best Ukrainian prospect in years http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=68358 and he plays in NAHL. There was an interview where he says that he's going to play in OHL next year.
Sad that news about Ukrainian hockey prospects pops up in thread like this.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
  #81
UkraineTrain
Registered User
 
UkraineTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ukraine
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Sad that news about Ukrainian hockey prospects pops up in thread like this.
The worst is over, I believe. I hope we'll see a group of quality players from Ukraine in near future (5-6 years).

UkraineTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
  #82
Kiraly
Registered User
 
Kiraly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
What about Michaill Tugo? Another Estonian kid.
The 16 year old just scored 5 goals in Estonia's win over Australia in the first game of the U18 Divsion IIB W.C. Tugo is the second youngest player on the Estonian team. The youngest player, who turns 16 in September, assisted on all of Tugo's goals.

Kiraly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:07 PM
  #83
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
For this draft from the CHL
BELARUS: Artur Gavrus, F, Owen Sound Attack http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=70442
GERMANY: Mathias Niederberger, G, Barrie Colts http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=42810
FRANCE: Timothé Bozon, F, Kamloops Blazers http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=48990

Tim Bozon is probably the best of those... well no, he is the best... Could end up being the best French National player ever.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 05:42 PM
  #84
Medo
Registered User
 
Medo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Croatia
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
Best Croatian prospects would be..

Borna Rendulić (Porin Assat - Finland)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30359

Petar Trstenjak (Slovan Bratislava - Slovakia)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=31151

Marko Šakić (KAC - Austria)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37059

Mate Krešimir Tomljenović (Zvolen - Slovakia)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=53883

Mislav Rosandić (Dubnica - Slovakia)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=106384

Medo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 06:14 PM
  #85
fredligh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iceland
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Seems to me that Denmark got something going on


Pre-Lookout drafted players(1984-2004) : 7 (average 174# pick)

Post-Lookout drafted players(2005-2011): 8 (average 111# pick)

Andersen got a beatly season in the SEL with 39GP 1.62GAA .943.

Spelling/Bjorkstrand/Bjorkstrand got terrific stats in herning denmark as 92,93,95 born. Spelling having a really nice playoff run aswell.

Nicolaj Ehlers is one of the most pomising players in danish history.

fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:27 PM
  #86
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Update on Nathan Walker and it's not looking good.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...101430&lang=en

Seems he was on loan to a lower division in the Czech Republic. This would not be so bad, but his playoff stats show nothing but 6 PIMS. It will come down to a performance at the world's and that will have little impact. Looks like it may not be meant to be.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
  #87
PensFan101
Forever Champions.
 
PensFan101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Owen Sound
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Update on Nathan Walker and it's not looking good.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...101430&lang=en

Seems he was on loan to a lower division in the Czech Republic. This would not be so bad, but his playoff stats show nothing but 6 PIMS. It will come down to a performance at the world's and that will have little impact. Looks like it may not be meant to be.
The fact that this kid has even been in the discussion to be drafted is incredible. He's not a bad prospect if his nationality were Czech for his age. There's still time of course but he's most likely a quality european prospect, nothing to be upset about considering he's Australian. He'll be a trailblazer for hockey in his country regardless.

PensFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
  #88
HajdukSplit
Registered User
 
HajdukSplit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NJ
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,709
vCash: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
Best Croatian prospects would be..

Borna Rendulić (Porin Assat - Finland)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30359

Petar Trstenjak (Slovan Bratislava - Slovakia)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=31151

Marko Šakić (KAC - Austria)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=37059

Mate Krešimir Tomljenović (Zvolen - Slovakia)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=53883

Mislav Rosandić (Dubnica - Slovakia)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=106384
Isn't Rosandic playing for Slovakia though?

Sakic and Rendulic seem to be the big hopefuls for Croatia, who are hopefully going to improve in the next 2-3 years because the Croatian-Canadians/Americans on Medvescak will be eligible for the NT

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
  #89
fredligh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iceland
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Gunnar Stahl is Tearing it up in Iceland. Shouldve been drafted long time ago.

fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 09:46 PM
  #90
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
So there's an 11 year old playing goaltender in Slovenia's u20 league...

Does this mean anything?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
  #91
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
So there's an 11 year old playing goaltender in Slovenia's u20 league...

Does this mean anything?
Maybe that Slovenia's U20 league sucks?

Also, does anyone think that Arturs Gavrus will be drafted? Could he be the next Grabovski? I've never seen him play and would love to hear about what he brings to the table.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
  #92
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Maybe that Slovenia's U20 league sucks?

Also, does anyone think that Arturs Gavrus will be drafted? Could he be the next Grabovski? I've never seen him play and would love to hear about what he brings to the table.
Kopitar was 15 when he was first in the u20. Nik Jost is 11.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
  #93
agentremax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
wow, probably the youngest player listed on Eliteprospects. But, a goalie do not necessarly need to be physicaly ready to play against men, but a froward must. So it can explain why Kopitar played at 15 vs Jost 11.

agentremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
  #94
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentremax View Post
wow, probably the youngest player listed on Eliteprospects. But, a goalie do not necessarly need to be physicaly ready to play against men, but a froward must. So it can explain why Kopitar played at 15 vs Jost 11.
There's some 2002 kid listed. Must be a friend of the admins of the websites.

But yeah goalies tend to debut at an earlier age it seems in Europe.

We'll see.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:57 PM
  #95
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
All I can think of when I see this title is Mathias Emilio Pettersen. There's a 12 year old who played in Norway's U17 league named Sander Fuhr... What are you waiting for Mathias?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
  #96
agentremax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
pettersen is 11? So maybe next year ^^

agentremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:01 AM
  #97
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Germany: Leon Draisatl

56 points in Germany's u18 league in 35 games (21+35=56)
has 7 points in 4 games in the WJC18 in the 1st division.

Is not eligible for draft until 2014

To put things into perspective... When Tom Kühnhackl was 2 years from being drafted he was in the Landshut u18 and had 42 points in 30 games.

He could be the next top 90 pick from Germany.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:04 PM
  #98
croAVSfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
Isn't Rosandic playing for Slovakia though?

Sakic and Rendulic seem to be the big hopefuls for Croatia, who are hopefully going to improve in the next 2-3 years because the Croatian-Canadians/Americans on Medvescak will be eligible for the NT
Rosandic took the Slovak citizenship, but still holds Croatian one. He is eligible for both countries. Reportedly he wants to try his luck with Slovakia, but if he doesn't crack their U18 roster next season, we can expect him in Croatian U20 for sure.

However his brother will play for Croatia, already should have, at this year's U18 but had duties with his club in Slovakia.

croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
  #99
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Germany: Leon Draisatl

56 points in Germany's u18 league in 35 games (21+35=56)
has 7 points in 4 games in the WJC18 in the 1st division.

Is not eligible for draft until 2014

To put things into perspective... When Tom Kühnhackl was 2 years from being drafted he was in the Landshut u18 and had 42 points in 30 games.

He could be the next top 90 pick from Germany.
But you know what Kühnhackl had that Draisatl doesn't have? The last name Kühnhackl

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:24 PM
  #100
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,945
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
But you know what Kühnhackl had that Draisatl doesn't have? The last name Kühnhackl
I'm lost.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.