HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII

Old
03-18-2012, 09:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Completely different scenario IMO. Kovie got offered dog **** money and even DL confessed to that after Kovie signed and Richards would have had to play LW and in NY he could play with Gaborik, be a center, and play for his old coach, who is one of the best coaches in the NHL. Parise on the other hand, would get to play with Kopi or Richards in his natural position and hopefully gets an actual offer from the new GM
There isn't going to be a new GM.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
yes, fine said. However it's still up to Parise to where he wants to go. For all we know, he could sign for Minessota since he comes from Minneapolis.
They have 25 points in their last 41 games. To put that in perspective Columbus has 51 points after 71 games. Doubt he goes there.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Completely different scenario IMO. Kovie got offered dog **** money and even DL confessed to that after Kovie signed and Richards would have had to play LW and in NY he could play with Gaborik, be a center, and play for his old coach, who is one of the best coaches in the NHL. Parise on the other hand, would get to play with Kopi or Richards in his natural position and hopefully gets an actual offer from the new GM
I think DL saved his job with the Carter trade

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The recent play by the Kings since the Carter trade may have saved Lombardi's bacon, for the time being. Don't know what his plans are for this summer (especially with the pending result of a new CBA), however, I do expect him to be back next season. He will have a lot of flexibility to make upgrades over the summer and I do expect Sutter to bring in a new staff along with him, with the possibility of Stevens and/or Ranford staying on board.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think DL is going to throw the farm at Parise, but I can also see him coming out of no where with some crazy shot at Suter. I can just see him moving someone like Greene and giving Doughty someone like Suter to play with for years to come even though we are stellar right now at defense and goaltending, but this is Lombardi we are talking about and he will always value those positions more.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:28 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The recent play by the Kings since the Carter trade may have saved Lombardi's bacon, for the time being. Don't know what his plans are for this summer (especially with the pending result of a new CBA), however, I do expect him to be back next season. He will have a lot of flexibility to make upgrades over the summer and I do expect Sutter to bring in a new staff along with him, with the possibility of Stevens and/or Ranford staying on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I think DL is going to throw the farm at Parise, but I can also see him coming out of no where with some crazy shot at Suter. I can just see him moving someone like Greene and giving Doughty someone like Suter to play with for years to come even though we are stellar right now at defense and goaltending, but this is Lombardi we are talking about and he will always value those positions more.
The possibility of moving Greene and looking for someone like Suter is interesting, one I hadn't considered.

My guess is that Carter's acquisition rules out (in Lombardi's mind) a push for Parise, and that he'll instead look to upgrade the third-line center position. The big question, I think, is if he wants to bring Stoll back. A lot hinges on that decision, and I can see arguments both ways.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

In fairness to Stoll (and believe me, I'm not a big fan of his), if you look at the options available as 3rd line centers this summer, Stoll is probably the 2nd best option after Gaustad.

Lombardi attempted to sign Paul Martin a couple of summers ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a pitch to Ryan Suter. Lombardi loves having a loaded defense and having Doughty paired with Suter will enable the Kings to shift Scuderi and Mitchell down a pairing and spread their minutes. Voynov keeps a spot in the middle pairing and the Kings could opt to move someone from their bottom pair.

With Scuderi scheduled to become a UFA after next season, I could see the Kings just hanging onto him until his contract expires. What attracted the Kings to Scuderi was his performance in the playoffs for Pittsburgh. He literally saved the Penguins and prevented a number of goals with his defensive play, so there is no way the Kings will trade him away.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
In fairness to Stoll (and believe me, I'm not a big fan of his), if you look at the options available as 3rd line centers this summer, Stoll is probably the 2nd best option after Gaustad.

Lombardi attempted to sign Paul Martin a couple of summers ago, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a pitch to Ryan Suter. Lombardi loves having a loaded defense and having Doughty paired with Suter will enable the Kings to shift Scuderi and Mitchell down a pairing and spread their minutes. Voynov keeps a spot in the middle pairing and the Kings could opt to move someone from their bottom pair.

With Scuderi scheduled to become a UFA after next season, I could see the Kings just hanging onto him until his contract expires. What attracted the Kings to Scuderi was his performance in the playoffs for Pittsburgh. He literally saved the Penguins and prevented a number of goals with his defensive play, so there is no way the Kings will trade him away.
Yeah, there's no doubt Stoll has been a disappointment this year, to say the least. On other other hand, his faceoff skills are undoubtedly useful, and something that we might be overlooking now and lamenting the loss of next year. I wonder if it might be good to sign him at a reduced rate--since his numbers this year certainly don't merit a raise--and then have him center the fourth line and get spot duty for faceoffs.

But of course, you have to wonder if other teams won't be in the running for him and might be willing to pay more than we are.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I was thinking if the Kings would look to address their need for an upgrade on the 3rd line via trade during the summer.

Chicago is in desperate need of stability in net and they could be a team that can help the Kings. A move I would seriously consider is to move Jonathan Bernier and Matt Greene (and possibly Brad Richardson) to Chicago in exchange for Dave Bolland and Bryan Bickell.

Not sure how Hawks fans would feel about moving Bolland, but he'd be the perfect #3 C to play behind Kopitar and Richards. He's not a big point producer but he's always been a clutch performer and has been a key player for the Hawks during the playoffs. And by acquiring Bickell, the Kings add some size and some scoring potential to their bottom six.

In moving Greene, it enables the Kings to make a big upgrade on the blueline if they can land Ryan Suter. This is the type of moves that not only makes the Kings significantly deeper but I think it improves their chances of becoming a top team in the Western Conference. It's not a flashy move acquiring big names, but it is the type of moves that makes the overall makeup of the team significantly better.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

You think that Bernier and Greene would bring back Bolland? I always thought of him as a pretty integral part of their team. An unproven goalie and a bottom-pairing defenseman might not do it, but I'd be down for that deal.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I think acquiring a decent offensive threat to play with Doughty is not a bad idea. Right now in the offensive zone Doughty gets instantly crowded and they're leaving Scuderi open to take the shot because they know his shot is the least threatening among the Kings players. That's why it's frustrating to see Scuderi shooting the puck over and over when Doughty should be the one doing it but Doughty is always covered.

So I think an all-round d-man like Suter would do wonders for the Kings in the offensive zone. That being said I don't think he's likely to go from an arguably better team to LA, he'd probably rather stay in Nashville. In the end he's gonna go East somewhere, like all great free agents do.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
You think that Bernier and Greene would bring back Bolland? I always thought of him as a pretty integral part of their team. An unproven goalie and a bottom-pairing defenseman might not do it, but I'd be down for that deal.
I guess it depends how highly they value a goalie like Bernier. I think his recent play of late is going to drive up his value and there will be a few clubs vying for his services this summer (namely Tampa Bay). Chicago is going to have some holes on defense and I think they would love to have a big body like Greene on their blueline. Believe it or not, adding Greene would be an upgrade on defense for the Hawks and I think he'd be a good fit with Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Hjalmarsson and Montador.

Old
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Johnny Utah

You guys are talking about adding pieces to positions that are already set...If the Kings don't think Loki is ready, then I guarantee you they re-sign Stoll...

I don't see the Kings adding any D men at all. Doughty, Voynov and Martinez are set, Greene is the physical stud back there, Mitchell just re-upted and Scuderi will be a UFA soon (they will probably make a move the summer this happens).

The question marks next season is does Gagne come back?

Do the Kings slide Dwight King into Penner's 3rd line LW spot if Gagne comes back?

Do the Kings let Loki take Stoll's spot, or re-sign Stoll?

Do the Kings add a UFA RW to take Lewis' 3rd line RW spot and shift him down to center on the 4th line?

Do the Kings re-sign Fraser or another UFA or let Lewis or Richardson play 4th line center?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

It will take a lot of money to entice Suter away from signing with Detroit imo

probably going to cost in the 7mill range over a long period

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:13 PM
johnjm22

I think priority is still a top six winger. King isn't a certainty, and Gagne is too risky to rely on.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
xxxxx-Richards-Carter
King-Loktionov-Holloway/Vey/UFA
Clifford-Cliche/Fraser/UFA-Nolan

Spares: Lewis, Richardson, Westgarth

IR: Gagne

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The Kings can make all the moves they want to in the off season to improve the roster, but the bottom line is they are going to go as far as Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick can carry them. All other players really are complimentary and these three must be in "beast mode" most of the time if the Kings are going to reach their full potential.

The addition of Richards and Carter will really be even more evident next season as teams will not be able to focus solely on Kopitar's line.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I think priority is still a top six winger. King isn't a certainty, and Gagne is too risky to rely on.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
xxxxx-Richards-Carter
King-Loktionov-Holloway/Vey/UFA
Clifford-Cliche/Fraser/UFA-Nolan

Spares: Lewis, Richardson, Westgarth

IR: Gagne
I think you are bang on. We need another top six LW. That way if Gagne can return it give us depth and options as other injuries are likey to occur.
My top three LW's 1)Parise (obviously), 2) Doan, 3) Semin.

What are your top three?

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I still think Dean will go all in for Parise. He just won't get him

Remember that he traded for Mike Richards and still made the second best contract offer to Brad Richards (Calgary offered more money). Dean made NY match his offer to get Brad to sign with NY.

I'm okay with using King as the #2 LW, he works well with Richards and Carter. He creates space with his size and forechecks well. Gagne can replace Penner on the 3rd line.

Nolan has looked good on the 4th line and adds some skill and hockey sense to replace Westgarth.

Wouldn't kill me if Dean re-signed Fraser and/or Stoll, but I think Stoll will get a bigger offer from another team. It will be up to Stoll if he wants to stay in LA for around the same salary, maybe a little less. Mitchell re-signed for the same amount because he thinks the Kings can win, maybe Stoll does too.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I still think Dean will go all in for Parise. He just won't get him

Remember that he traded for Mike Richards and still made the second best contract offer to Brad Richards (Calgary offered more money). Dean made NY match his offer to get Brad to sign with NY.

I'm okay with using King as the #2 LW, he works well with Richards and Carter. He creates space with his size and forechecks well. Gagne can replace Penner on the 3rd line.

Nolan has looked good on the 4th line and adds some skill and hockey sense to replace Westgarth.

Wouldn't kill me if Dean re-signed Fraser and/or Stoll, but I think Stoll will get a bigger offer from another team. It will be up to Stoll if he wants to stay in LA for around the same salary, maybe a little less. Mitchell re-signed for the same amount because he thinks the Kings can win, maybe Stoll does too.
Thinking about the offseason stuff helps me get my mind off of tonights game.

Old
03-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Aren't Suter and Parise BFFs? Package deal?

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

If Stoll and Greene are gone this offseason I will celebrate.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Aren't Suter and Parise BFFs? Package deal?
If we had to trade Doughty to fit in their cap hits I would gladly do it. Those two >>>>>>>> Doughty.

Old
03-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If Stoll and Greene are gone this offseason I will celebrate.
Whatcha have against Greene? Who would take his place? Hickey?

Old
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Takes stupid penalties. Not that I really ant him gone, but i'm pretty sure thats why.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
No one.

I think we see this next year.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Moller-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Clune-Nolan

Spares: Westy and maybe Richardson if he's not dealt.

Stoll comes back for 2.5 per. I don't see us making a big addition. Parise stays back east, Suter is a pipedream.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote