HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabovski

Old
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
NYR - Number 2 center, below Richards
Boston - Number 2 center, below Bergeron (I don't think Seguin is playing center)
Pittsburgh - In this instance, the two generational talents are better options
Philly - Number 2 center, below Giroux

St. Louis - Number 2 center, below Backes
Detroit - Number 2 center, below Datsyuk (assuming Zetterberg plays wing)
Vancouver - In this instance, Sedin and Kesler are better
Nashville - Number 1 center
Chicago - In this instance, Toews and Kane (I think) are the better options
I can not speak for every team in the league.

NYR have Anisimov and Stepan both young and talanted and makes 2-3 times less plus they have Dubinsky.

Detroit has Zetterberg who plays center and Pavel plus Fippipula or whatever his name.

Blues do not need him. Can not speak for Blues fans.

Nashwille can live wihtout him too. They are happy with whatever they have obviously I can not speak for them either.

Hawks have Toews and Sharp.. Already mentioned it.

I can tell you for sure that Flyers do not need Grabovski with Giroux Briere Shcenn Couturier.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
I can not speak for every team in the league.

NYR have Anisimov and Stepan both young and talanted and makes 2-3 times less plus they have Dubinsky.

Detroit has Zetterberg who plays center and Pavel plus Fippipula or whatever his name.

Blues do not need him. Can not speak for Blues fans.

Nashwille can live wihtout him too. They are happy with whatever they have obviously I can not speak for them either.

Hawks have Toews and Sharp.. Already mentioned it.

I can tell you for sure that Flyers do not need Grabovski with Giroux Briere Shcenn Couturier.
Anisimov has been struggling this year (and is worse), and Stepan is no better than Grabovski at this point in time.

I agree that Zetterberg is better, but as far as I'm aware, he isn't playing center this year. Filppula is no better than Grabovski, regardless of the one above average season he is having this year.

Blues don't need him, but would not be worse off with him in the 2nd slot instead of Berglund.

Being happy with what they have doesn't mean anything. Every cup contender should be happy with what they have. Regardless, Grabovski would be the best center on Nashville.

Sharp is better than Grabovski, as is Kane, but both have spent just as much time and are just as capable as a winger.

Briere plays wing now (I'm pretty sure, at least he can), and Grabovski is significantly better than Schenn and Couturier at this point in time.

People don't seem to get it. A number 2 center on a cup contender doesn't mean you start swapping out players anyway. It means that a team can be a cup contender with Grabovski as a number 2 center, and he quite clearly can.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
He certainly didn't enjoy his pressbox time when he was on a 1st place team in Montreal. Plain and simple, any team that has the likes of him centering one of it's top 2 lines has problems down the middle and needs an upgrade. He's top 2 line on a bad team. That's it. Hell, as your post indicated, he can't even get 1st line minutes on a bad leaf team that sucks down the middle.

The term for the likes of him is 'Bad Team Scorer'.
A prospect not getting big minutes on a stacked 1st place team? I, for one, am shocked.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

he's not going anywhere ... our 3rd best forward for sure; he would be a top 6 on every team in the league except maybe 5ish

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Not a chance Grabovski gets traded. He is our best center, 2nd best player, a top-30 center in the league, and was just locked up to a reasonable contract for the next 5 years. He is part of our core going forward.
I can see him being top 6 on most teams but claiming he's a top 30 center in the league is a complete joke.

Last edited by mytor4*: 03-20-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: adding.
mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I can see him being top 6 on most teams but claiming he's a top 30 center in the league is a complete joke.
Again, there are 30 centers I would take before Grabovski since off-years, potential, etc. have to be considered, but in the past 2 years, he has in fact been a top-30 center in this league.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote