HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic pounds Komisarek once again

Old
03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Good pounding. Funny that Lucic took the check pretty handidly & was looking to skate away & follow the play, but Komisarek cross checks him!! Looch responds, Komi does his best Dion Phanuef 'fake tough guy' impersonation while looking for the zebras to intervene,, swoop, one linesman ducks to his right & Komisarek is shell-shocked that he actually HAS TO square off w/ his old nemisis.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
What do the dreadlocks have to do with it?
Makes him look like black predator. Very scary

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
He literally hasn't fought a lot of people, also pretty simple and also has absolutely nothing to do with my statement "he will literally go with anyone" which is what was being questioned. You're ability to stay on topic is lacking.

He didn't go with Laraque the one time Laraque begged him to, doesn't mean he wouldn't if the situation were different. And to the point I made, judging by the fact that he's fought guys who were bigger, just as tough, and just as much enforcers would indicate he certainly would. Common sense and all.

However, all that said, honestly, if saying Lucic is scared of someone or is their ***** makes you personally feel better, who am I to rain on your parade with common sense. Sorry for using paragraphs.
You and your damn paragraphs, always ruining my day Kaoz. Damn you for making your posts easier to read.

Old
03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Rob

The new coach probably had something to do for it.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Just watched the fight again Thornton went in strong and all Laraque did at the end was noogies

no one won

BGL = overrated
I love watching Lucic pound on Komisarek and it's fun to see Leaf fans get their noses tweaked but let's not get crazy with the bolded. Big Georges was a killer.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I love watching Lucic pound on Komisarek and it's fun to see Leaf fans get their noses tweaked but let's not get crazy with the bolded. Big Georges was a killer.
He was okay, but he ain't no Shawn Thornton that's for sure.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
ok, ive been boxing and doing muay thai for quite a while now, i have yet to see someone in the ring or even sparing, get the wind knocked out of them... point being, you're in a fight, your body is ready for it, and especially if one is a pro athlete, should have a good amount of muscle there too protecting one
i've seen plenty of people get the wind knocked out of them from a body shot which led to a submission or KO. I have a lot of friends in mma so i've seen quite a few live events.

that said, here's some proof that a body shot thats not expected can hurt and get the wind knocked out of you

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
i've seen plenty of people get the wind knocked out of them from a body shot which led to a submission or KO. I have a lot of friends in mma so i've seen quite a few live events.

that said, here's some proof that a body shot thats not expected can hurt and get the wind knocked out of you
Crocop was a beast back in his pride days. Those are vicious shots.

NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post

Sonne ftw

Man crocop was so fun to watch.
OT but this is one of my favorite bodyshot related KOs.

Last edited by Puritania: 03-20-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:58 PM
TheBuriedHab

Just feel bad for Komi now, Lucic destroyed his career in one fight. I give Komi props here though, theres no way he thought he was going to win, yet he still dropped them. Thats being tough.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Holy crap. That's just. Wow.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:12 PM
mapes

But... Komi is scared of Lucic? That is what I've heard from Hab fans for a few years..

I like Komi, he's like Schenn. Neither one of them can fight but they still try no matter who it is. They never win but atleast they try to get somethin going

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:17 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Good pounding. Funny that Lucic took the check pretty handidly & was looking to skate away & follow the play, but Komisarek cross checks him!! Looch responds, Komi does his best Dion Phanuef 'fake tough guy' impersonation while looking for the zebras to intervene,, swoop, one linesman ducks to his right & Komisarek is shell-shocked that he actually HAS TO square off w/ his old nemisis.
Glad you didn't watch with goggles on. That would be like me saying Komi hit him, Lucic tried running scared like a little ***** and Komi insisted and forced Lucic to fight.

Neither happened, in fact Komi forced the whole issue and was trying to get the linesman out of the way. Komi was the instigator and good for him for all the flack he takes about being "scared" of Lucic he really isn't. He knew Lucic (who I believe is a trained boxer isnt he?) would beat him down, as he should but atleast he showed he isn't scared of him. That injury Lucic delivered to him a few years ago in a fight destroyed Komi's career. It's tough fighting a guy you know ruined your career.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
ZetterBurger

Serious? Complaining about shots to the body? It's a fight damn it! Komisarek wasn't letting him get to his face, so he pounded him in the ribs, then went back to the face. Good move.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

To everybody saying that Lucic was afraid of BGL.

If BGL really wanted to fight Lucic, he would have found a way to get Lucic to drop the gloves. BGL had many games to go after another player forcing Lucic to intervene but he never forced Lucic's hand.. Let's be honest, BGL had nothing to gain and everything to lose by fighting Lucic.
Would Lucic beat BGL at that time? probably not. But he would have gave him a run for his money.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

If BGL really wanted to fight Lucic, he would have found a way to get Lucic to drop the gloves. BGL had many games to go after another player forcing Lucic to intervene but he never forced Lucic's hand.. Let's be honest, BGL had nothing to gain and everything to lose by fighting Lucic.
Would Lucic beat BGL at that time? probably not. But he would have gave him a run for his money.
BGL did ask him to fight. Lucic said no.

Old news of course.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
BGL did ask him to fight. Lucic said no.

Old news of course.
Like i said if BGL really wanted to fight Lucic, he would put Lucic in a situation where he would have no choice.

Laraques job was not to ask, but to get Lucic to fight. Which he failed and that is why he is now in stupid commercials.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

You best be trolling.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:42 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
You best be trolling.
He definitely could have hung with Laraque. Not saying he would win, but it wouldn't be a massacre. He fought Ivanans in, like, his 2nd NHL game and held his own really well.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
He definitely could have hung with Laraque. Not saying he would win, but it wouldn't be a massacre. He fought Ivanans in, like, his 2nd NHL game and held his own really well.
You compare a bum fighter like Raitis Ivanans to Laraque?

Edit: On a side note, how did Ivanans lose 32 pounds in 6 years?

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:52 PM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
You compare a bum fighter like Raitis Ivanans to Laraque?

Edit: On a side note, how did Ivanans lose 32 pounds in 6 years?
Probably stopped looking like a genetic freak of nature (he used to be enormously strong- there is a pic online and he looks terrifying).

On to your other statement, Ivanans fought Laraque three times in his career and was the voted winner in one of them on hockeyfights.com

In the other two, he more than held his own against Laraque. If he was such a bum fighter, how did he hang with Laraque (who seemingly by your account -I don't mean to put words into your mouth- is one of the better fighters ever)?

Ivanans has a pretty impressive fight card and he hung around the league a lot longer than he should have considering his talent level. I think it is fair to say he would not have done that if he was such a bum fighter.

PS- Carey Price has a really impressive SV Pct. in your avatar haha

Old
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
lol he lost it flat out, massacre? no. but nothing to boast about.

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:22 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
lol he lost it flat out, massacre? no. but nothing to boast about.
Lost what flat out? What are you referring to and who is boasting? That statement simply said that Lucic would have held his own with Laraque at age 18/19 (not get pummeled) and that as an 18 year old he fought a premier goon in the league at the time (Ivanans).

You are just one of THOSE habs fans I guess. Sorry for trying to have a civil conversation, I guess.

PS- If you were referring to Lucic's fight with Ivanans in the comment, then I would argue with you that "he lost it flat out". Relatively even fight, maybe ever so slight edge to Raitis.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

he did it to rile up the team because we were playing like, komisarek more than enough knew what was going to happen and he went it.

i tip my hat to him for that.

03-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Keke Mortsons helmet

Komisarek needs to learn my vibrating palm Dim Mak technique.

Keke Mortsons helmet is offline   Reply With Quote