HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Isn't that what you're doing?
Don't be surprised with the haters, this is like a part time job for them, spend lot of time (more than exercising, spending time with families, working) waiting for the right moment to bash AK. It is part of their life, is like a disease. They need help. Among them you see EI and social benefits recepients, people with no real jobs, etc.

VAN-HAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Don't be surprised with the haters, this is like a part time job for them, spend lot of time waiting for the right moment to bash AK. It is part of their life, is like a disease. They need help.
So most of hockey fans must be haters, because, with the exception of a few hfboarders, there's not a lot of people in the league who have a high opinion of Andrei Kostitsyn.

Want it or not, he is a marginal player. You sign a Andrei Kostitsyn or a Rene Bourque because you don't have a good team, you don't have any other options, and you hope they'll have a breakout season.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
So most of hockey fans must be haters, because, with the exception of a few hfboarders, there's not a lot of people in the league who have a high opinion of Andrei Kostitsyn.

Want it or not, he is a marginal player. You sign a Andrei Kostitsyn or a Rene Bourque because you don't have a good team, you don't have any other options, and you hope they'll have a breakout season.
What are you talking about..
Every team has an AK type of player. It's not because you don't have a good team or you don't have any other options. It's called a depth player, every team needs them.
Only in Mtl do we must have the top players and if they can't do it consistently, then we'd rather have a Darche type.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:

Barry Trotz does. And he's probably a bit more hockey savvy that LeMad. David Poile's a pretty good GM also - has been a GM longer than LeMad - and he likes AK. Six points in nine games getting used to a new team, new linemates and increased ice time... not bad. Bash on!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
So everybody talks about Kostytsin when he gets 5 pts in 5 game ... but nobody talks about him when he's 0 in 4 ?
As a Habs fan, I'd be more concerned about his replacement (Bourque, who made AK expendable) having 7 points in 29 games than AK having 6 points in 9 games with Nashville.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
phoque taupe

omg, 3 years later

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoque taupe View Post
omg, 3 years later
That rib shot looks like it really hurt Komo.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:13 PM
m00ks

Lucic with a perfect right hand with gloves on. What a tool.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Yeah and what's with the body shots Lucic? Cheap *****.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:21 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoque taupe View Post
omg, 3 years later
Honestly, I think Komisarek did better this time than last time.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah and what's with the body shots Lucic? Cheap *****.
lol when did body shots become cheap?

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
lol when did body shots become cheap?
Most fighters don't body shot, and don't even take shots when they're available.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Most fighters don't body shot, and don't even take shots when they're available.
Weird I've seen a lot of fighters do it.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
yianik

Komi is the one who went looking for this fight, and it isnt that he turtled or anything, have to give him credit.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
As a Habs fan, I'd be more concerned about his replacement (Bourque, who made AK expendable) having 7 points in 29 games than AK having 6 points in 9 games with Nashville.
well i think hab fans are concerned. I for one hated the bourque trade.

however this is a former hab player thread. Thus why people are talking akosts. Its also interesting to follow his progression as his pumpers swore to high heaven he'd magically be a star somewhere else. So far it looks like more of the same. Looks like Barry Trotz is realizing quickly too. When he is on, you play him. When he is off, 15 minutes a nite is about right. Same as what Montreal did.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Don't be surprised with the haters, this is like a part time job for them, spend lot of time (more than exercising, spending time with families, working) waiting for the right moment to bash AK. It is part of their life, is like a disease. They need help. Among them you see EI and social benefits recepients, people with no real jobs, etc.
This has to be the most absurd post I have ever read as it comes from a well known hater (toward Darche or typically anyone who speaks French).

Just for example, in the out of town thread someone said that he wouldn't take Kessel on his team. You reply: "let me guess, you would rather have darche, right?"

There is no relation between Kessel and Darche. It's not like it's a choice we have to make.
It was pure hatred coming from a hater.
90% of your comments in the GDT's or PGT's are bashing ones.

You just are not in a position to give lessons, you are one of the worst poster out here.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Komi is the one who went looking for this fight, and it isnt that he turtled or anything, have to give him credit.
Credit him for what? He went after a fight after a whistle, with his team already down 4-0. I bet he thought the linesman was going to stay in there and prevent the fight instead of letting it go. Backfired.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Credit him for what? He went after a fight after a whistle, with his team already down 4-0. I bet he thought the linesman was going to stay in there and prevent the fight instead of letting it go. Backfired.
Same here. Don't see the credit. I see plain stupidity. Yeah, go ahead Komisarek. Go look like a fool....once again.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Same here. Don't see the credit. I see plain stupidity. Yeah, go ahead Komisarek. Go look like a fool....once again.
I'm sure he was just looking for a little scrum with the linesman in between. It's his specialty. I think he would have dropped the gloves earlier too had he really wanted it. He waited for Lucic to throw the first punches where he had no other choice but to drop'em himself.
Anyways, like I said, backfired, like his decision to leave.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:42 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
well i think hab fans are concerned. I for one hated the bourque trade.

however this is a former hab player thread. Thus why people are talking akosts. Its also interesting to follow his progression as his pumpers swore to high heaven he'd magically be a star somewhere else. So far it looks like more of the same. Looks like Barry Trotz is realizing quickly too. When he is on, you play him. When he is off, 15 minutes a nite is about right. Same as what Montreal did.
He averaged less than 15 minutes per game in his three 2-points games so I think it's more about using him properly than using him a lot. I haven't watched the last few Preds games but I know he was getting PP time right away when he got there and let's just say that they have more offensive depth than the Habs do.

He's been playing on the third line recently with players with limited offensive upside and he hasn't been playing well in that situation. So yeah, it looks like more of the same. Now with Radulov back, who knows what his role will be?

I guess I'm one of these pumpers you're talking about but I never said AK would be a superstar in Nashville but I think he'll definitely do better than he did here.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Though if true, if you end up with a Andrei Kostitsyn or a René Bourque because you have a bad team, I'd take going after a guy that could be out as soon as next year instead of being attached to it for 4 more years. At one point, that Kosty's signing was made to fill a need, to see what he could do when reunited with his bro and frankly due to some of our ex-players success, to see if another of our ex could as well get it going. While the Bourque's acquisition made no sense, based on how much bashing he was getting, based on how a big guy that scored 20ish goals was not needed in a bad offensive team like Calgary, based on how poor our own success was with players who seems to continuously need a kick in the butt.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
SouthernHab

Michael Ryder with his 32nd goal of the season tonight.

Once again proving that Carbo was an idiot and Gainey was an even bigger idiot.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Michael Ryder with his 32nd goal of the season tonight.

Once again proving that Carbo was an idiot and Gainey was an even bigger idiot.

I noticed you left out Peter Chiarelli in your "idiot list".

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Tough to call idiot a guy who just won the Cup. Let just say that he is allowed a lot more mistakes and can have the benefit of the doubt. If things don't go well in a couple of more years and the Bruins don't progress as they are supposed to, then the idiot label will come back, don't worry. But I wouldn't use it now.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yep, I am not a Bruins fan.

I can give you a link to the Bruins HFBoards if you like.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote