HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#73 | New York Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar 20 | W 5-2

Old
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
TenYearsGone

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TenYearsGone
Jiggs and Butch have been taking shots at Toronto all night (well what isn't already the truth) I love it

Great win.

TenYearsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
When was the last time we scored 5 goals in one game?
I know weve scored 5 goals in one week before

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
I was just wondering when was the last time we won in regulation???? Or when was the time we won in regulation where we came from behind????(thats even a longer rime since) We were down 2-1, and came back . (I know this fan base this season is so used to us losing leads)

I am happy, but
Too much, too little, to late to try again (....for the playoffs)
They need to hustle for pucks like they did in the 2nd and 3rd all the time. Heck even Reasoner looked passable for the first time since the first few games this season (for me at least)

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
Cappy has a little self bet with himself. Since the Isles scored 5 goals in a game, he gets the 5 ice-cream scoop Reese's Sundae at Friendly's.

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Hipietro

Only 9 points out with 9 to go....

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Player of the Game thread up:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1140561

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
NineHoleGoal

Even though he didn't make the score sheet, I thought Okposo had one of his best games of the season. And believe me, I've been really hard on him lately. I've been hating him for at least 6 weeks now, so he had to do a lot to get me to say that.

If he played like this all the time (winning battles along the boards, playing accountable defense, never giving up on the puck and moving it to teammates) I'd have little to complain about, except that he shoots the puck 3 feet wide of the net...

I like the top 3 lines right now. Hope to see Ullstrom and Cizikas stick around next year. Need to lose Reasoner and revamp 4th line though.

NineHoleGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:42 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
What did he say?

Personally, I think Kessel is brutal. And for anyone who thinks that Crosby is the whiniest *****, has to take a closer look at Kessel. He seems like he's a bad and selfish teammate.
He said that Kessel looks very disinterested out there with his team down two goals, and something along the lines of that if he were part of Maple Leaf management he would take a serious look at Kessel and what he really brings to the team. He does not like Kessel at all.

Jiggs also said something about an article Damien Cox wrote that Burke has already made one of his two very important decisions coming up being the GM of the Maple Leafs. He already decided to fire Ron Wilson, and the next is to rid themselves of Phil Kessel. I thought that was interesting and I'd love to read that article.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...il-kessel?bn=1

About to read it.

EDIT II: Just read it. Wow, Cox takes some serious shots at Burke and Kessel. Pretty crazy stuff. So much for the All Mighty Maple Leafs.

Last edited by SLAPSHOT723: 03-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.
SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:43 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

thanks boys <3

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineHoleGoal View Post
Even though he didn't make the score sheet, I thought Okposo had one of his best games of the season. And believe me, I've been really hard on him lately. I've been hating him for at least 6 weeks now, so he had to do a lot to get me to say that.

If he played like this all the time (winning battles along the boards, playing accountable defense, never giving up on the puck and moving it to teammates) I'd have little to complain about, except that he shoots the puck 3 feet wide of the net...

I like the top 3 lines right now. Hope to see Ullstrom and Cizikas stick around next year. Need to lose Reasoner and revamp 4th line though.
Have to agree with all of this. Okposo has been on my S list for most of the season. Tonight he looked like he came out of a coma.......Rip Van Kyle.
Cizikas and Ullstrom could be real finds in the 5th and 4th rounds. Casey will get bigger and stronger and is a pit bull with hockey sense. David has some sweet mitts and vvery good speed. If he can add some weight to his frame he could be something very good between a 2nd/3rd line staple.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:49 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by philer Bozel View Post
thanks boys <3
I'll take an ass whooping on the Maple Leafs any day.

Old
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
Am I just unusually drunk or is the broadcast team especially bad tonight? Flatley must have been playing the Butch drinking game.

03-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
He said that Kessel looks very disinterested out there with his team down two goals, and something along the lines of that if he were part of Maple Leaf management he would take a serious look at Kessel and what he really brings to the team. He does not like Kessel at all.

Jiggs also said something about an article Damien Cox wrote that Burke has already made one of his two very important decisions coming up being the GM of the Maple Leafs. He already decided to fire Ron Wilson, and the next is to rid themselves of Phil Kessel. I thought that was interesting and I'd love to read that article.

About to read it.

EDIT II: Just read it. Wow, Cox takes some serious shots at Burke and Kessel. Pretty crazy stuff. So much for the All Mighty Maple Leafs.
Kessel just seems like he gets really upset when things don't go exactly his way. Not a good thing. I'm glad he's not our problem. Not that we don't have our own, but I'm glad he's not lumped on the pile.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:07 PM
conrad420

Quote:

About to read it.

Burke never said that, Damien Cox was just doing his normal picking apart the leafs when they are playing like crap, he even admitted kessel was one of the best leafs. Hes just trying to start something thats not there. You would literally have to be the worst GM in the league to rid yourself of kessel, he has been one of the best forwards this year and his center is tyler bozak......

conrad420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Isles Junkie

I enjoyed watching them beat the Leafs. But seriously NYI Broadcast team, who the hell are we to puff our chests out & laugh at the misfortune of others. The Leafs may very well be a horribly run franchise, but at least there's stability there. At least their city is interested in the team win or lose. Maybe if the Wings broadcast was poking fun at the Leafs then it can be justified, but the Isles are just as bad if not worse then the Leafs are.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
I enjoyed watching them beat the Leafs. But seriously NYI Broadcast team, who the hell are we to puff our chests out & laugh at the misfortune of others. The Leafs may very well be a horribly run franchise, but at least there's stability there. At least their city is interested in the team win or lose. Maybe if the Wings broadcast was poking fun at the Leafs then it can be justified, but the Isles are just as bad if not worse then the Leafs are.
LOL what did they say? We're used to taking shots from everyone. Especially our own media but surprising islander broadcast team would trash the leafs. I'd think both organizations have nothing to be proud of but meh.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Nice to come home and see we won.

03-20-2012, 09:22 PM
JKP

I can't stand the Leafs. Good, satisfying win. Beat Habs and Leafs in the same week... nice. Easy to talk to all my buddies this week. Esp with both those teams in the crapper with us.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:27 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
F the Wings. We own their *****.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
JTforPres2012

Can you imagine if JT was on a half-decent team? He'd have over 100 points this year. My god, every game is just a pleasure watching him.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
JKP

Quote:

About to read it.

That's about par for the course for the Toronto media, nothing really over the top there. Burke was a stupid hire. The media love him because he's a quote machine. Fans love him because he's all bluster and bravado.

But, fact of the matter is, Burke's a terrible GM. He should be doing TV like Milbury. That's his true calling. The Leafs need a GM like the Jays' GM - a guy that just does his thing and doesn't talk to the media at all. I wonder if he's still convinced we're taking Duchesne first overall... moron...

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTforPres2012 View Post
Can you imagine if JT was on a half-decent team? He'd have over 100 points this year. My god, every game is just a pleasure watching him.
A typical overreaction to a 1st overall pick. If he was that good, he'd be in the playoffs by now.

- Hank Bunghole Jizzwollowitzky
The Washington Post

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:56 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
I'll take an ass whooping on the Maple Leafs any day.

There's no rivalry, move along now.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
LOL what did they say? We're used to taking shots from everyone. Especially our own media but surprising islander broadcast team would trash the leafs. I'd think both organizations have nothing to be proud of but meh.
Saying that Kessel looks disinterested, talking about the boo birds, mentioning how they're one of 2 teams to not make the playoffs post lockout and other things. It was just in poor taste IMO.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:09 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
Burke never said that, Damien Cox was just doing his normal picking apart the leafs when they are playing like crap, he even admitted kessel was one of the best leafs. Hes just trying to start something thats not there. You would literally have to be the worst GM in the league to rid yourself of kessel, he has been one of the best forwards this year and his center is tyler bozak......
I never said Burke said that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post

There's no rivalry, move along now.
Relax, I don't like the Leafs. I like when teams beat them. It has nothing to do with an Islanders-Leafs rivalry.