HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton @ Nashville 7:00PM - Attack of the Ryans

Old
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I left after the second period. Pitiful. We give Darcy his first goal of the year, give Helmsky his first hat trick and that ****** canoe Jones gets a goal. I am used to seeing stinkers like this in November/December not March.

This is a game we should have and needed to win and completely gave away.
Besides the hate on Jones (love that guy) this post made my night. Though I see it has already been edited haha.

I agree with what you aid though, this was a stinker.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:59 PM
hockey diva

I know the usual suspects will tell us that this loss was no big deal, that we are really okay. I sometimes wonder if they are watching the same team.

Predfan98, feel free to vent in the negativity thread, that's what it is there for.

Last edited by Jonesey: 03-20-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Mod complaint
hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:59 PM
SpeedDemon

how the hell do you lose to stinking Edmonton. THEY SUCK. they're almost 30 points behind us. we should have steamrolled them. instead we give 6 goals on 20 shorts while scoring half on twice as many

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
glenngineer

I think this team misses Josi more than we think. He brings stability to whichever pairing he is on. If you have Suter/Weber playing well and Josi's pairing doing well, 2/3 of your pairings are doing what they need to do with the puck. When you only have one pairing doing that, it makes the game that much tougher.

Also, having Wilson out takes out a big body that can control the puck and create good scoring opportunities.

I hope they are both back sooner than later.

Bourque is a guy that shouldn't sit any time soon. He has earned a spot on the playoff roster without a doubt in my mind. I think Leggy/Hornqvist/Bourque is a line that shouldn't be messed with. They click for whatever reason.

Hopefully Wilson and Radulov are in the lineup and Yip and Halischuk sit. That would be a marked improvement up front.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
MessierII

Rínné doesn't play well against us for some reason. You guys outplayed us big time though Dubnyk stole that one for us.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
markie8002000

Radulov has landed and Agent Grossman with him according to Dmitry Chesnokov

markie8002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
Radulov has landed and Agent Grossman with him according to Dmitry Chesnokov
Good thing too so there is something to distract the fan base from the absolute suckage currently on display on the ice.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
glenngineer

And were we that bad or was Dubnyk that good tonight? I think Dubnyk played one hell of a game against us.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
that game was horrendous...

the reffing was horrible...

Andrei Kositsyn is absolutely wasted with Halischuk and Spaling...... I feel like wandering to the negativity thread and exploding... I really don't know what Trotz is thinking...

Jones and Hordichuk....2 freaking punks... Edmonton is full of a lot of dirty punk ass players gooning it up because they are done for the year. I couldn't believe how many times Horny got hit in the head with no call.

We just don't have anybody else to put with AK. Yet...

Yes we have a lot of depth, but they all grinders, except Smith and Wilson(out)

10-12-74 is solid
57-11-27 was going good before AK showed up, and they continue this way now.

I think the line of 46-15-47 would be great.

And then 33-13-22...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
And were we that bad or was Dubnyk that good tonight? I think Dubnyk played one hell of a game against us.
how about not getting to the net (minus a few) and shooting at his chest? there's no secret we have zero pure scorers.. maybe ak but look who he is playing with and he missed his chance(s)

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
CyDidley87

Why did Lindback get the loss? The score was 0-3 when Rinne got pulled, so why is the loss Lindback's fault as far as the official score goes?

CyDidley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think this team misses Josi more than we think. He brings stability to whichever pairing he is on. If you have Suter/Weber playing well and Josi's pairing doing well, 2/3 of your pairings are doing what they need to do with the puck. When you only have one pairing doing that, it makes the game that much tougher.

Also, having Wilson out takes out a big body that can control the puck and create good scoring opportunities.

I hope they are both back sooner than later.

Bourque is a guy that shouldn't sit any time soon. He has earned a spot on the playoff roster without a doubt in my mind. I think Leggy/Hornqvist/Bourque is a line that shouldn't be messed with. They click for whatever reason.

Hopefully Wilson and Radulov are in the lineup and Yip and Halischuk sit. That would be a marked improvement up front.
Halischuk is another guy who is hard to sit. He constantly creates chances and did so even when on a line with Smithson. Bourque/Spaling/Halischuk would be a line of hustle, forecheck, and a little scoring ability.

Gaustad needs to get healty as well. We need a consistent face off winner and over the past few games we've had at least one center suck at the dot. Fisher was in the 31% tonight with more faceoffs lost than anyone else took.

Quote:
RT @WillyD1025: Hall Gill on postgame:"weird game, I thought we did some good things but I personally had a crap effort"
An honest and pretty accurate assessment of his play tonight.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Jesus christ how many people got their posts edited for flaming in a span of like five minutes

Old
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyDidley87 View Post
Why did Lindback get the loss? The score was 0-3 when Rinne got pulled, so why is the loss Lindback's fault as far as the official score goes?
Because the 3rd goal scored by the Preds equaled what Peks gave up. The 4th goal allowed became the game decider and it was on Lindy.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

On a positive note, Erat is now tied for 39th in scoring...

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

gill and Ellis both struggled with the Oilers speed.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
klt2001

Tough loss by the Predators. Hopefully this loss will piss off the Preds to play better as a team. In order for them to win the whole team needs to play better. All of our lines need to gel better and score not just 1 or 2 lines and our defenseman need to defend. And we need to be better on faceoffs and improve/be better on our PP when we get them. We need better goaltending. Seems we need alot of things....lol. Overall I think every facet of our game could use improvement right now. If the team doesn't see it by now, hopefully this is a wake up call for them. On a positive note, loved Hornqvist's play. He was trying to win this game.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-21-2012 at 12:38 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:18 PM
klt2001

Hopefully Radulov is the missing piece needed to get this team back on track. If not, we're screwed....lol...jk.

http://twitpic.com/8z60ak

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:22 PM
predfan24

We totally dominated the game but mix in refs,luck, bad goaltending for the Preds, good goaltending from the Oil, and the Oil capitalizing on pretty much every opportunity and that is why we lost. It sucks and it hurts but it's not a jump ship game. This was a flukey game that happens every once in awhile. Perfect storm against the Preds. Preds were not perfect but they played well enough to win by a wide margin on most nights. The next 3 games (Pitt,WPG,CHI) will be where our mettle really gets tested and I will put more stock into those games when evaluating how the team is progressing.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
gill and Ellis both struggled with the Oilers speed.
Gill scares me every time he plays defensively above the dots or pinches in more than about three feet from the blueline in the offensive zone. His reach, positioning, and ability to just clog real estate are his strengths. Anything that requires north/south movement mitigates those strengths.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I actually don't think we played all that poorly tonight. The first two goals were bad luck more than anything. We obviously got horrendously screwed on the disallowed goal, but the reviewed Oilers goal was the right call.

We looked about as dominant in terms of chances as we have all year, Dubnyk was just superhuman.

Lindback still looks pretty lost in one on one situations. The Hemsky hat trick goal was an absolute backbreaker, and Lindback seemed to struggle with what wasn't a great shot by Hemsky.

Really feel like the power play is what cost us the game. If we could have gotten it to 5-4 on one of those last PPs...who knows.

Ellis and Gill had their worst games as Predators, IMO. Gill admitted as much.

Really feel like AK is going to be squandered playing on that line, but the Legwand line is on fire with Bourque on it, so what can you do? 46-33-47?

- little scary to have to get back on the horse Thursday against a PIT team that annihilated the Jets tonight. Very scary, actually.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Looked like they started to play once the embarrassment was setting in and it was too late. Fish, Bouroque, and Horny have heart. Wish a few others did.

Solid game by Dubnyk though.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

Really feel like AK is going to be squandered playing on that line, but the Legwand line is on fire with Bourque on it, so what can you do? 46-33-47?
If Wilson is healthy that is a good option. Until then 46-28/13-47 or 46-15-47. I almost feel safer with Goose there. A bit of defensive responsibility, a body to go to the net, and the ability to win faceoffs.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
CyDidley87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Because the 3rd goal scored by the Preds equaled what Peks gave up. The 4th goal allowed became the game decider and it was on Lindy.
It just seems pretty weak that with Lindback net, the score was 2-3. With Rinne in net it was 1-3. But somehow Lindback gets the Loss. That's messed up. When the "decider" was scored it was 1-4, who cares?

To me it seems like Rinne deserves the Loss. ...But i guess its statistical, and not about who's fault it was.

CyDidley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Really feel like AK is going to be squandered playing on that line,
Well, AK certainly had his chances tonight, though several were self-generated. However, he's got to take it on his shoulders to get back to burying those. You can't have freaking awesome scoring chances, not score and then say the linemates are the problem.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote