HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs fans now chant ‘Fire Burkie'

Old
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
I heard it (the Chants, via my Rogersondemand stream, faint and all, but you could hear it. As well, the music DJ was trigger happy, blasting the music a split second after the whistle went to drown out Leaf Nation.

honestly, even MLSE's own Andy Frost is having enough of this - just listen to the frustration in his voice and how he's slowly becoming more and more negative towards this team.
I was surprised that he kept pushing for Phaneuf to have his captaincy removed on the show tonight.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
I heard it (the Chants, via my Rogersondemand stream, faint and all, but you could hear it. As well, the music DJ was trigger happy, blasting the music a split second after the whistle went to drown out Leaf Nation.

honestly, even MLSE's own Andy Frost is having enough of this - just listen to the frustration in his voice and how he's slowly becoming more and more negative towards this team.
I don't think Frost will be doing Leafs talk next season, he's usually not hard on the team so he may have had enough. But I am sure he wants to keep his PA job.

Burke's year end presser will be interesting, I am sure he will take the blame. Would like to see him scale back on the Asst Gm's. Don't need 7 guys in the pressbox.

Dudley and Nonis, are enough to assist Burke. The rest can be let go or be reassigned.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Andrew Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I was surprised that he kept pushing for Phaneuf to have his captaincy removed on the show tonight.
A real leader would have executed Reimer and Gustavsson for treason and then write a letter to his closest friends admitting his culpability in this massive failure and taking full and sole responsibility for it, before committing an honourable suicide rather than allow him to fall into the hands of his enemies.

Seriously though, that is shockingly Phaneuf's only option at this point.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Leafmon1

Who cares who said fire who.... we suck. next year again, better pick, blah blah blah..... suck.

Leafmon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Donmega

Too bad leafs will most likely be the same ****** team for years to come. I'm all for tank but pick will not fix this team, look at Edmonton.

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
I was at the ACC tonite and unless I had a brain cramp I never heard that chant, not once! I call b.s. on the article.
I heard it on leafs tv post game

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Duffman955

Leafs suck. JFJ screwed us, fletcher screwed us, Quinn screwed us, now burke is royally screwing us.

I don't think next year will be any better than this.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Ash35

Quote:
I was at the ACC tonite and unless I had a brain cramp I never heard that chant, not once! I call b.s. on the article.
Yeah I was at the game as well and I didn't hear anything. I think it's funny how everyone in the media is telling fans the leafs need to tank yet when they lose they are all over them.

Ash35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
TYayo

I was at the game tonight... Section 107..pretty much the whole section had the chant going...
Then moved onto FIRE RANDY for a tiny bit..then back to Burke...started in the third...got worse after going down 2...

PS anyone else go through Union station after the game? The Violin girl had some great sad tunes playin for the lose..haha

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Leaf fans should fire themselves from showing up to the games. Stop going to this circus show.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Maybe we should get a huge crowd together at a game and start a chant to call for the heads of the media in this town? They feed this ********. Ripping Kessel apart because hes a shy person. Absolutely disgusting. Start at the top with Simmons and Cox and work your way down from there. These guys are a bunch of ass clowns who dont know anything about hockey.

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
Leaf fans should fire themselves from showing up to the games. Stop going to this circus show.
Circus is more entertaining

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:21 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
Too bad leafs will most likely be the same ****** team for years to come. I'm all for tank but pick will not fix this team, look at Edmonton.
nobody said a pick alone will 'fix' the team

it may give us some elite talent/ 2-way play that this team badly needs though

you have to start somewhere. this team has no core, no franchise player. sure the oilers suck but look at their amazing core. when the kids mature/ are surrounded by some nhl vets then look out...

tonight the pens' 1st and 2nd overall picks potted 13 points in total!

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:24 PM
TYayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
there was also a group of fans chanting "Leafs Fans Suck" in the lobby after the game....then started roaring about no one was there or made a peep when we were up 1-0 in the first...then all start booing and fire chants once we were down in the third..

didnt like it but kinda made sense

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:24 PM
jughead42

Big deal, there's not many home games left for Burke to endure the chanting and he's not the sort to be bothered by those things. He'll ride it out and go into the offseason with his ass to the burner. Obviously he knows that his team needs a goalie, so I'd expect his big offseason splash to include emptying the cupboards for some Francois Allaire approved goaltender. Maybe we trade 2 first round picks and a 2nd for Rask out of Boston. Sounds about right.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:26 PM
ForzaItalia

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Keke Mortsons helmet

The ratcheted up media fueds, complete with Burkie going to peoples bosses to get them fired was a sure fire sign of the wheels coming off this thing. Before the end, look for Burkies' wife Jennifer to start haranguing sports radio hosts on air for their 'unfair' treatment of her Brian!! Comedy Gold!!

You have much to look forward to before this farce is finally over.

Keke Mortsons helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Morlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
I was there and I heard it. Quite clearly.
I was there and I was screaming Fire Burke as soon as it was 4-2. A lot of people joined in and I heard it faintly in other sections as well.

Morlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:46 PM
daveleaf

Burke knew better. He knew it wouldn't take five years. Well. Four years into it and we are further away then Edm, Ott, NYI and a whole slew of teams. If the Leafs just played guys to see what they had instead of trading for and claiming guys like Gerber and so on we may have a Stamkos on this team with a B.Schenn and a Seguin/Hall and maybe a Duschenne. Burke did good........he thought he was getting his bust in the hall of fame, he will only be the laughing stock of the league. Can't wait for the next Coach's Corner. haha

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Kamal007
God Level

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
The LCBO bags are a nice touch

Last edited by Kamal007: 03-20-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Polk High

Quote:
I too was at this game, and did not hear the chant. I will therefore call, BS as well. Unless the author was the only one chanting the chant. Good night.

Polk High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:50 PM
catgoldfish

Boy o boy...................what happened to this team? Fire Wilson, fire Burke. We've already turned the team over. Coaches, GM's, assistant coaches and players have come and gone and we're still on the outside looking in. We had old players and wanted to get younger. Now we have young players and at times we look like a playoff team. But some games we look like we aren't putting in any effort.

I thought I had all the answers. Get younger, fire the coach, get a new GM and get some different players. What else is left? THE FANS? THE MEDIA? WHAT?

catgoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:51 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Lol, no.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:56 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Mack View Post
I heard a Fire Blair. There was a lot less interest though. No one really cared either way.
Who's Blair, the water boy?

Why do we want to fire the water boy?

RobBrown4PM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:57 PM
DPyro

Ya, let's have a constant rotation of personnel without letting a plan be executed properly. It'll only take another 5 years if Burke is fired for a new GM to put his plan into place. No thanks.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote