HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Edmonton @ Nashville 7:00PM - Attack of the Ryans

Old
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyDidley87 View Post
It just seems pretty weak that with Lindback net, the score was 2-3. With Rinne in net it was 1-3. But somehow Lindy gets the Loss. That's messed up. When the "decider" was scored it was 1-4, who cares?

To me it seems like Rinne deserves the Loss. ...But i guess its statistical, and not about who's fault it was.
The loss goes to the goalie of record at the time of the deciding goal. No different than a relief pitcher giving up the deciding run and getting the loss in baseball.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:47 PM
CyDidley87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The loss goes to the goalie of record at the time of the deciding goal. No different than a relief pitcher giving up the deciding run and getting the loss in baseball.
Actually the baseball reference is what is throwing me off. In baseball the pitcher stays as the pitcher on record until the lead changes. Since the lead in this game never changed hands and was never tied up....according to MLB rules, Rinne would remain on the hook for the Loss. I wasn't aware NHL and MLB rules were different in that respect. I'm sure you're right though.

CyDidley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:59 PM
klt2001

http://twitter.com/#!/KWilsonPreds/s...555136/photo/1

Coach Trotz is telling Radulov......I need a drink.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:03 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

The bright spots of this game:

- The Hornqvist/Legwand/Bourque line
-The sellout streak
-We aren't Columbus

The bad:
-Brainfarts
-Turnovers
-Bad reffing
-The team failing to rebound after said bad reffing
-Columbus got scored on less and also gets a higher draft pick

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/KWilsonPreds/s...555136/photo/1

Coach Trotz is telling Radulov......I need a drink.
Radulov looks out of shape.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
NoNecksCurse

lines will be much different next game. would like rads w/ fish and erat.. sk and ak w/ leggy centering

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
cleangene

Better have a Rads in the lineup. I think the way Preds are defending, the only way to win is by 7-6, 9-8 scores. The way Hemsky drove through the butter tonight, Malkin may throw down a 6 spot himself Thursday.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I don't think blowing up the lines is necessary. Legwand looked really good, keep them together for now. Put Rads in Tootoo's spot with Spaling and AK. Pick the 4th line names out of a hat.

Can't decide if it was worth playing Ellis.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:28 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Halischuk is another guy who is hard to sit. He constantly creates chances and did so even when on a line with Smithson. Bourque/Spaling/Halischuk would be a line of hustle, forecheck, and a little scoring ability.

Gaustad needs to get healty as well. We need a consistent face off winner and over the past few games we've had at least one center suck at the dot. Fisher was in the 31% tonight with more faceoffs lost than anyone else took.

An honest and pretty accurate assessment of his play tonight.
I'd say this answer applied to pretty much everyone in a Predators uniform tonight. That was a pretty pitiful performance against a team we shouldn't be losing to. If you are on defense and a leader (Weber) you need to sit everyone down and slap them individually in the face and then smash your own head against a wall. Then point at the scoreboard and say "Never Again." If I was on this team I would be embarrassed after tonight's effort.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:30 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think blowing up the lines is necessary. Legwand looked really good, keep them together for now. Put Rads in Tootoo's spot with Spaling and AK. Pick the 4th line names out of a hat.

The forwards are being rotated and so are the defense to provide rest to some of them. Wilson being hurt really messed up the lines tonight. Him coming back with Radulov will provide some solid sparking play. I don't wanna see something like this again...I want to see hustling and execution for the rest of the season.

We are back to our terrible form of being unable to connect on passes and trying to get cute with the puck rather than just finishing the play and putting it on net.

But I will say, 44 shots is incredible by us. Well-done on that aspect..however 5 goals on 20 shots for them is nothing but unacceptable from our D and Goalies.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Radulov looks out of shape.
He's just finished his KHL season...don't think he lost his playing shape in the last week or two.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

our 3rd pairing is going to suck regardless without josi. might as well play ellis.. has more upside..

I dont like rads with spaling at center.. needs to be with fisher or legwand. as good as fisher's line has been (nothing too special), I dont see them being a #1 come playoff time. we need 1 line that is creating chances all game with loads of skill but also defensive capability .. thus erat fisher rads or wilson legwand rads or hornqvist legwand rads ect

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I left after the second period. Pitiful. We give Darcy his first goal of the year, give Helmsky his first hat trick and that ****** canoe Jones gets a goal. I am used to seeing stinkers like this in November/December not March.

This is a game we should have and needed to win and completely gave away.
Are you ****ing kidding me? When the Preds lose, you refuse to wear the gear, and now you leave a whole ****ing period early?

The 3rd period was intense and Dubnyk was a beast. Normally, we would've tied the game up with that kind of play. Some bad bounces. It's not the playoffs yet so I don't understand people quitting on the team already. Might as well stay home and let your tickets go to real fans.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
He's just finished his KHL season...don't think he lost his playing shape in the last week or two.
I'm sure he's in the exact same shape as he was during the KHL season. That doesn't mean that he isn't a bit soft around the middle though. He looks a bit out of shape, so does Kessel, as long as he puts up points no one will care.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
I'm sure he's in the exact same shape as he was during the KHL season. That doesn't mean that he isn't a bit soft around the middle though. He looks a bit out of shape, so does Kessel, as long as he puts up points no one will care.
Yeah, Rads looks a bit fat for an athlete...Just saying

Matt Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:03 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Well, AK certainly had his chances tonight, though several were self-generated. However, he's got to take it on his shoulders to get back to burying those. You can't have freaking awesome scoring chances, not score and then say the linemates are the problem.
That is par for the course for AK he used to use every excuse in the book in MTL I am not geting the ice time I am not being used right bla bla bla. Get used to hearing this kind of stuff from him and Gill was showing his true play which is why not many fans of the HABS were sad to see him go.

29dryden29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:39 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
That is par for the course for AK he used to use every excuse in the book in MTL I am not geting the ice time I am not being used right bla bla bla. Get used to hearing this kind of stuff from him and Gill was showing his true play which is why not many fans of the HABS were sad to see him go.
So Gill has 1 rough game and that's his true play? Well, we are plenty happy with him down here thanks.

Old
03-21-2012, 04:40 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Well, AK certainly had his chances tonight, though several were self-generated. However, he's got to take it on his shoulders to get back to burying those. You can't have freaking awesome scoring chances, not score and then say the linemates are the problem.
What did AK say? I'm curious as to exactly what he said to blame his linemates. But even if he did say anything, he's right. Trotz changed his linemates when he was doing decent.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:20 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
What did AK say? I'm curious as to exactly what he said to blame his linemates. But even if he did say anything, he's right. Trotz changed his linemates when he was doing decent.
I didn't say he said anything. I'm talking about the people on this board.

Not sure how 29dryden29 assumed I meant he was speaking out.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:59 AM
tserberis*

Quote:

Dryden is in secret love with AK and SK and sad that they don't care about his feelings.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
hockey diva

I am not quitting on the team, kypreds. I am unhappy with their performance. I expect them to play at least to their level of talent. Which they did not and have not done recently. I saw a number of "true fans" leave. If I had stayed what would I have seen? A couple of wasted power plays and another Edmonton goal. The Preds have my ticket money which all they care about. What I choose to do afterwards is my business.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Dryden is in secret love with AK and SK and sad that they don't care about his feelings.
LOL actually I don't really care about any player playing in the NHL Once upon a time back in teh 70s I used to care about the names on the back of jerseys now it is all about the crest on the front the names on the back are interchangeable. Not to mention it was said in a post that AK said his linemates were his problem and I wasn't the only one to comment on it.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I am not quitting on the team, kypreds. I am unhappy with their performance. I expect them to play at least to their level of talent. Which they did not and have not done recently. I saw a number of "true fans" leave. If I had stayed what would I have seen? A couple of wasted power plays and another Edmonton goal. The Preds have my ticket money which all they care about. What I choose to do afterwards is my business.
Maybe they're just not feeling the power from the yellow sparkly gloves? New ones perhaps?

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
LOL actually I don't really care about any player playing in the NHL Once upon a time back in teh 70s I used to care about the names on the back of jerseys now it is all about the crest on the front the names on the back are interchangeable. Not to mention it was said in a post that AK said his linemates were his problem and I wasn't the only one to comment on it.
Then why do you come to this board and comment about them all the time if you don't care?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
29dryden29

Quote:

How did I amd apparently others figure this was with this portion of your post.

Quote:
not score and then say the linemates are the problem.
As for Gill Kypredsfan people thought he was the key to our PK and actually it has improved since he left.