HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Edmonton @ Nashville 7:00PM - Attack of the Ryans

Old
03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Then why do you come to this board and comment about them all the time if you don't care?
Just trying to point out the issues you see that we have seen for a number of years but I guess the rose coloured film hasn't come off your glasses yet.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Just trying to point out the issues you see that we have seen for a number of years but I guess the rose coloured film hasn't come off your glasses yet.
Why is that so important for you?

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Or perhaps you are more critical of players than most. It seems to me that once we made the deal for Hal Gill we had a TON of Habs fans telling us that, provided we don't use him in the wrong role, he will be an excellent stay-at-home defenseman who can kill penalties. That is exactly what he has been for the most part. I think most of us are happy with him.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-21-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo... I was using my phone
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I think we are really missing Gaustad. Things have kinda gone crazy with him gone. I didn't expect a big difference without him but he's been very solid.

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I am not quitting on the team, kypreds. I am unhappy with their performance. I expect them to play at least to their level of talent. Which they did not and have not done recently. I saw a number of "true fans" leave. If I had stayed what would I have seen? A couple of wasted power plays and another Edmonton goal. The Preds have my ticket money which all they care about. What I choose to do afterwards is my business.
Well you missed some damn good exciting hockey. You missed out. Sorry you feel you have to abandon the team. You're setting a bad example for them.

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Or perhaps you are more critical of players than most. It seems to me that once we made the deal for Hal Gill we had a TON of Habs fans telling us that, provided we don't use him in the wrong role, he will be an excellent stay-at-home defenseman who can kill penalties. That is exactly what he has been for the most part. I think most of us are happy with him.
You will certainly get that and as we all said as long as you use him in the right roll but he will cost you at times and I think you saw that last night. He is good on the PK though as we all said previously. To many it was surprising when our PK improved after he was dealt.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-21-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: fixed my typo cuz I can haha
Old
03-21-2012, 09:10 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Gill has been good more often than not since coming to Nashville. AK has seen a bump in his goals per game since leaving. SK is succeeding here.

Maybe it's Montreal, and not the players.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:15 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
You will certainly get that and as we all said as long as you use him in the right roll but he will cost you at times and I think you saw that last night. He is good on the PK though as we all said previously. To many it was surprising when our PK improved after he was dealt.
Every player is entitled to a bad night. The entire team made mistakes, and last night nearly all of those mistakes found their way on to the score board. It happens. It's hockey, and it's played over a loooong season. Everyone is going to look bad. That doesn't mean that Gill is playing poorly in general, and I don't think anyone in the organization has buyer's remorse.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:18 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Every player is entitled to a bad night. The entire team made mistakes, and last night nearly all of those mistakes found their way on to the score board. It happens. It's hockey, and it's played over a loooong season. Everyone is going to look bad. That doesn't mean that Gill is playing poorly in general, and I don't think anyone in the organization has buyer's remorse.
You don't have to tell me lol look at the team I cheer for this season lol. I am full on part of tank nation lol. I also got to hear about the great play of the preds last night from friends that were at the game so I was well aware of what was happening and the messages i recieved were not good ones lol.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
lol at you of all people saying that....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
lol at you of all people saying that....
I believe I am the biggest proponent of crapping on players going. Especially guys playing in Habs jerseys. so I do not believe I wear rose coloured glasses at all.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

This team misses Josi far more than they miss any of our other injured players (including klein when he was injured). Josi's skill set is irreplaceable on that 2nd pairing.

Get healthy guys back and add rads we should do ok. Find our inner predator/ killer instinct and suddenly we are a great team.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
token grinder

If josi is going to be out a while, I would rather have Blum up playing with Gill. Ellis didn't do a whole lot for me. Hillen is solid as a 7th dman use every now and then guy, but having either of those guys on the 2nd pair and we are toast. with blum, you know what he can do if his head is on right.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Might as well stay home and let your tickets go to real fans.
Despite not being directed at me I find the above to be a silly comment; insulting and without merit.

Quote:
Sorry you feel you have to abandon the team. You're setting a bad example for them.
Perhaps she is setting an excellent example, indicating what a paying fan deems to be an unacceptable on-ice product. Shockingly, each fan's threshold may not be identical to yours.

To the point: A six year old, independent of performance, may expect mommy to cheer in a constant state of euphoria. A pro athlete should not.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
As loud as the crowd was at the refs, in my opinion, the loudest the arena got was for the fan of the game. Was that girl not the most adorable thing you have ever seen?

She got a standing ovation from me... I'm trying to find a video. Hopefully the Preds will post it because I wanted to show friends that weren't at the game.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
As loud as the crowd was at the refs, in my opinion, the loudest the arena got was for the fan of the game. Was that girl not the most adorable thing you have ever seen?

She got a standing ovation from me... I'm trying to find a video. Hopefully the Preds will post it because I wanted to show friends that weren't at the game.
the boos hit 103 decibels, which is pretty loud. but, as a father, I think I related to the dad as the he was about to lose himself to the tears of being a proud parent.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post

That baby alone made the game worth it! Absolutely adorable!

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
PhoneGuy

Witnessed a strange experience as the dear wifey and I were walking down to the arena the other night. A guy was walking up the sidewalk, asking if anyone needed tickets. A couple walking beside us started talking to him, and the guy said he could probably get them tickets center ice for x amount, etc. Well, we get down to the corner of Fifth and Broadway where the scalpers are, and the guy walks up to the scalper and wants to know what he has, and that he's "representing" the couple. I don't know how much he charged his "clients" to interact with a scalper, but just found it strange that someone would try to do that. Hmmmm...so I pay you a fee to negotiate ticket prices with a scalper...uhh..ummm..yeah...

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Witnessed a strange experience as the dear wifey and I were walking down to the arena the other night. A guy was walking up the sidewalk, asking if anyone needed tickets. A couple walking beside us started talking to him, and the guy said he could probably get them tickets center ice for x amount, etc. Well, we get down to the corner of Fifth and Broadway where the scalpers are, and the guy walks up to the scalper and wants to know what he has, and that he's "representing" the couple. I don't know how much he charged his "clients" to interact with a scalper, but just found it strange that someone would try to do that. Hmmmm...so I pay you a fee to negotiate ticket prices with a scalper...uhh..ummm..yeah...
Maybe he works with the scalper to whom he was speaking

Old
03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Quote:
Maybe he works with the scalper to whom he was speaking
I thought about that too. Quite the scam they have if they do work together. I didn't wait to see how it all turned out.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I've seen scalpers try to do this. I'm sure they all work together in some form or another and highly recommend against letting any of them "represent" me in ticket purchases.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Legionnaire11

So can anyone seriously explain all of the Ryan Jones hate here? I can think of exactly ZERO reasons that a Preds fan would have to hate on Jones.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
So can anyone seriously explain all of the Ryan Jones hate here? I can think of exactly ZERO reasons that a Preds fan would have to hate on Jones.
Hair envy.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
token grinder

Quote:
other than he comes off as a ******?

just some of his twitter comments in the past, which he is totally fine to make, I just didn't like them.

He really only seems to show up and be a pain in the ass when we play him.

his celebration last night rubbed me the wrong way.

I hate that some around here think he would be productive here when he wasn't when we had less talent.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jonesry28...94486797049858

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote