HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former Thrashers Fans- Who's coming to the Jets game Saturday?

Old
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Former Thrashers Fans- Who's coming to the Jets game Saturday?

Just wondering how many Thrashers (former) fans are headed to Smashville Saturday for the Jets ‎game?

I am a former die-hard Atlanta Thrashers fan from Birmingham, and I have successfully converted ‎myself and my son to be Predators fans.‎

Really looking forward to it- it is going to be really strange seeing “our” former team and rooting ‎against them. It has been interesting, though- I thought it would be a difficult transition, but it didn’t ‎take long at all before they kind of just felt like another team.‎

I am thoroughly enjoying being a fan of a winning team, one that has a legitimate chance to make a run ‎at a Cup- after 11 mostly horrible years of pulling for the Thrashers, I almost don’t know how to act.‎

I am a little torn on what to wear- I am 100% a Predators fan now, and of course will be rooting for ‎Nashville and against Winnipeg just like they are any other opponent. But since we didn’t get any real ‎closure last year, I wouldn’t mind having one final time to wear my Thrashers jersey- I may just wear it ‎up until face off, then rip that sucker off…..‎

For those Thrashers fans who are coming to the game- are you wearing Thrashers gear???‎

Dennis in Birmingham

Mod Edit:
Quote:
There are clear rules against trolling. Just because you think you have a funny joke about the former Atlanta Thrashers or the team's fans does not mean you should post. In fact, it likely means you simply need to put more thought into the things you say. THOSE WHO COME TO THIS FORUM WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE OF TROLLING THRASHERS FANS WILL BE DEALT WITH HARSHLY. THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER WARNINGS. INFRACTIONS AND FORUM BANS WILL BE HANDED OUT LIBERALLY.

Last edited by TMI: 03-27-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added warning for potential trolls
drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Can't wait. I'll be there in my old Hossa jersey.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:08 PM
YouAreTheGovt

Wear the Thrashers gear. You are sure to have more a welcome reception from the locals if you stand out as a new target audience.

YouAreTheGovt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
thomas magnum

Really hate to say I'm not gonna make it. Got too much going on this weekend. I'll be rooting for the Preds here at home though!

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

I'll be there in Thrashers gear (hat and jersey probably). Excited to see Radulov play.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

I hope the Atlanta fans boo some of the Jets relentlesly after how the NHL treated them. Just not Mason since he's actually loved in Nashville and helped save the team when that Jackass Baldsilly tried to steal the team.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
cws
...in the drink

Got plans this weekend too, otherwise I'd be there. Haven't gotten up there nearly enough since I moved away.

There's a few of guys I'd still like on the Jets, just wish they would get traded and play well someplace else.

But I would be cheering heavily against all things Winnipeg if I were there. Their organization, their fans, their media have actually gotten worse (which blows the mind considering how horrible they were to begin with). This could very well be the game that cripples their playoff hopes; let's just hope it happens in a blow out.

Couldn't care less if I sound bitter, because I am. But seeing them get crushed like this would help to close this chapter so I can get on with really enjoying hockey again.

cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Would like to be in town, but I'm not. I'll do my best to try and make a playoff game or two.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
smitty10

I'm going to be watching this game from home. Would be great to see a large Thrashers presence in the arena. It's sad that hockey left Atlanta. Winnipeg has always deserved a team, but I wish it wasn't at Atlanta's expense.

The future of hockey growth is in the south; Atlanta should be a part of that.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'll be there. still not sure what i'm wearing. i'm also having a tough time adjusting to a winning team. it's weird to win a game and still think your team played poorly.

anyway i hope i can get the last of my emotion for the team in winnipeg out after this game. toby, slater, little, hainsey, and thor can't get off of that team fast enough for me. preferably in favor of the devils or preds.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:11 AM
GreenHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
Couldn't care less if I sound bitter, because I am.
Damn skippy, brother. Me, too.

Wish I could be there with signs blasting A$G, Bettman and anyone else responsible for travesty that befell us (to show the TV audience in Canada) and my Thrashers sweatshirt. Unfortunately, I have to work.

GreenHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Predsboro

An early welcome to those Atlanta Thrasher fans coming Saturday night ... hope you have a great time in Smashville!

Miss my yearly visit to the ATL for the Preds vs. Thrashers ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:22 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I'm hoping to pass some Thrasher fans on the way to the arena. I'll be in Atlanta Friday to watch UK in the Sweet Sixteen. Then driving to Nashville Saturday for the Preds game. Then back to Atlanta on Sunday for Elite 8 game if UK wins, then back to Bowling Green after the game. Maybe I'll pass some hockey fans in my travels.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Bongo

I'll be coming with a party of seven. I'll let the weather forecast determine my wardrobe. It'll be weird that's for sure. Like going to party with some new girl you're trying to spark and running in to your recent ex.

What I do hope is that a contingent of fans from Winnipeg come down and can see how well hockey can work in the South when done right.

Last edited by Bongo: 03-21-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Sunshine36616

I'll be there! I'm wearing a Thrashers jersey for warmups then using my "conversion Kit" (Preds jersey) for the game. I still love some of the players, so I'm bringing signs and such for warm ups. After that, it's all Preds, baby!

I hope Radulov scores 200 goals on them!

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
I'll be there! I'm wearing a Thrashers jersey for warmups then using my "conversion Kit" (Preds jersey) for the game. I still love some of the players, so I'm bringing signs and such for warm ups. After that, it's all Preds, baby!

I hope Radulov scores 200 goals on them!
My thoughts exactly (except I'll sport the Thrash jersey the entire game and post on Broadway).

Old
03-21-2012, 09:41 AM
thomas magnum

Hope you guys really let them know that the old Thrashers fans are there and supporting the Preds now. Maybe one final "LETS GO THRASHERS" at the start of the game? Just so they can hear it on TV and then root for the Preds the rest of the way.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
vomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I hope the Atlanta fans boo some of the Jets relentlesly after how the NHL treated them. Just not Mason since he's actually loved in Nashville and helped save the team when that Jackass Baldsilly tried to steal the team.
Just can't bring myself to boo the guys. Echoing sentiment of other posters, hopefully Kane, Little, Toby, Thorbs, Buff and Slater will get moved soon so I can wholeheartedly cheer them again. Bogosian can suck an egg. Met him at a signing with my nephew, and he was stuck up jerk. Maybe I'll bring a flaming bag of poo for any Jets fans that get lippy.

I'm with a lot of other former Thrashers fans - it's weird pulling for a well run team that wins games. I'm fully on the Preds warwagon at this point.

vomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:56 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomer View Post
Just can't bring myself to boo the guys. Echoing sentiment of other posters, hopefully Kane, Little, Toby, Thorbs, Buff and Slater will get moved soon so I can wholeheartedly cheer them again. Bogosian can suck an egg. Met him at a signing with my nephew, and he was stuck up jerk. Maybe I'll bring a flaming bag of poo for any Jets fans that get lippy.

I'm with a lot of other former Thrashers fans - it's weird pulling for a well run team that wins games. I'm fully on the Preds warwagon at this point.
After his comments from the last draft, Buff can share that egg as well. I'm only cheering on Thorby, Toby, and Slater (and forever Boultsy too).

Old
03-21-2012, 10:03 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I'd be going to the game as well, but I have some pretty big projects due soon.

As for the Jets....I've kinda come to peace with all that. It's not Winnipeg's fault. it's not the players fault. It's not TNSE's fault. It's not even Bettman/NHL's fault.

Want to place blame somewhere? Place it squarely on the Octoturds.

I've kinda disconnected myself successfully from the Jets. I don't wish them any particular ill will, I just view them the same as I would the Blackhawks or Islanders or Canucks. I have no idea how that team is playing this season as I haven't really paid attention to the East.

As for this game...It's a big "Meh" for me. It's one I had circled earlier this year, but now I've moved on. It's all about the gold to me now.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post

As for the Jets....I've kinda come to peace with all that. It's not Winnipeg's fault. it's not the players fault. It's not TNSE's fault. It's not even Bettman/NHL's fault.

I've kinda disconnected myself successfully from the Jets. I don't wish them any particular ill will, I just view them the same as I would the Blackhawks or Islanders or Canucks. I have no idea how that team is playing this season as I haven't really paid attention to the East.

As for this game...It's a big "Meh" for me. It's one I had circled earlier this year, but now I've moved on. It's all about the gold to me now.
I disagree with that. Bettman and the NHL seemed quite complacent in the whole ordeal and the commish didn't even bother to come visit the city of Atlanta.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Bongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post

I can't let Bettman off the hook. To sit back and do nothing while renegade owners malign your brand in such an important market borders on criminal negligence. This was so much more than just mismanagement.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
I can't let Bettman off the hook. To sit back and do nothing while renegade owners malign your brand in such an important market borders on criminal negligence. This was so much more than just mismanagement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I disagree with that. Bettman and the NHL seemed quite complacent in the whole ordeal and the commish didn't even bother to come visit the city of Atlanta.
ASG played within the framework of the NHL constitution and by-laws. Blaming Bettman is hard when the desired sale and relocation were done by the book.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:47 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Well then...What's the magic solution Bettman was supposed to come up with? You boys straighten up, or I'll.....

A. revoke your franchise rights and get the NHL into the team ownership business for the 2nd time with no viable purchasers in sight?

B. fiscally punish an ownership group that already claims they're losing millions upon millions per year while letting one of the top arenas in the US go into a horrible state of disrepair?

C. Cut off the head of the snake by getting rid of an incompetent ownership group and moving the team to an almost sure fire attention getter, providing an influx of cash into the league and solving two problems in one fell swoop.

Fact of the matter is A$G wanted to sell the Thrashers as soon as they bought the team. we're lucky we had them as long as we did.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Bongo

The league was so ready to be rid of ASG they were willing to sacrifice the Atlanta market. My point is, it should have never been allowed to get to that point. By the time they showed Savard the door, it was obvious to anyone with two good eyes that this was more than just bad asset management. These people set out to ruin the product and drive the fans away so they could be rid of the Thrashers. The league let them get away with it while saving a doomed team in the desert for just one more season. It's hard to imagine another major league pulling such a stunt.