HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues videos, had to take them down off Youtube

Old
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Fred Murtz

vCash: 500
Blues videos, had to take them down off Youtube

Well, got the cease and desist from Youtube on the Blues videos and had to yank most of them down.

I think they are mostly after the complete period videos but I had to yank down about 400 videos that 20th Century Fox (FSMW) complained about. As usual Google/Youtube protects the copyright of the big guys by they turned down my legit copyright complaint last year on a an image I clearly own the copyright on. Google always uses the 1st amendment when it comes in handy for them to shelter stalkers, pedophiles and that ilk. The best part is they make you watch this video and then quiz you on copyright infringement to get back into your YT account. They need to watch their own dayum copyright video.

Anyhoo, Iíll try and keep posting the goals and hits. They gave me 2 strikes on my account and then next one is the death sentence so weíll see what happens.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:28 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

I was actually always wondering about that. Too bad, that's really unfortunate. We really appreciate the good, and quick, work you do around here.

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
ManyIdeas

vCash: 1152
Boooooo.

ManyIdeas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

My biggest complaint is that 20th Century Fox doesn't give us paying customers an avenue to go back and watch those if we want. I would have much of a problem with them asking you to take those videos down if they themselves made them available. But they don't

Also, since your posted those video's for discussion purposes, one could argue "fair use", especially since you are not posting the full game. On the other hand, its really all up to youtube since they are the ones hosting the video.

I'd imagine that as long as you don't post the commentary from Kelley and Pang, just goals and hits highlights, you should be okay. The NHL seems very pro-social media, but then again it was Fox not the NHL that complained.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Stillflexin*

So stupid that companies complain about stuff like that...

Stillflexin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
inglouriousbackes

A load of bs. I think fox secretly hates the blues.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
bluesman11
Robert Johnson

vCash: 1111
I bet if you moved to some remote country they wouldn't both coming after you. You'll need your own server.

Good luck...and thank you.

bluesman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

that sucks, but I saw it coming...anyway, thanks!

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
letmesleep

I was just wondering yesterday why you hadn't gotten a C&D letter yet. I think the full period videos are what crossed the line. It's a bummer though as you were providing a service way better than the NHL has to this point. Your highlights were better and easier to access than anything you can get officially from the team or the NHL. I'd rather chop off my arm than use the NHL.com video player. Add on top the 30 second ads they play for 10 second clips and I'd rather just watch ping-pong on ESPN The Ocho.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:02 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Lame

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:02 PM
h22prelude93

I don't get it...anyone who owns a DVR can have the game forever on their tv. How does them not letting people share their broadcast over the internet work to their advantage? Simple answer. It doesn't. When people watch those videos they get more interested in the game, and more people want to get cable/satellite so they can watch them LIVE. That's what I eventually ended up doing. I bought U-Verse specifically to watch Blues games, and when I found out my package didn't have them...I upgraded. If anything FSM should be paying you for helping them out. What a bunch of BS.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
MedicBluesFan443

Typical big company bull sh#@. They want you to respect the copy right of those big tv companies but if it comes down to somethin you own they could care less... Yeah, It's about money but just once I'd love to be able to tell them to take a flyin ..... You did a great job spectre!

MedicBluesFan443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
france62

It was great while it lasted
Thanks again for all those videos

france62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Go upload your videos somewhere else? I know someone who ran into the problems you'r having and went to blip.tv and never had a problem again. Youtube is only as powerful as you let them be, it's the internet, literally hundreds of alternatives.

But either way, thanks for your effort with the videos. It was awesome to have clips to reference while talking about games.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Fred Murtz

And the video guy is toast. Fox went ahead and kept beefing the goal videos and YouTube terminated my account so no more vids. Kind of strange they targeted this account with so many others out there posting FS videos, some even flying their own commercial logos over the top of the FS videos. It may also relate to the squawking I did over the crap audio broadcast FSMW was putting out. Next game that audio problem got fixed and now the YT issue. Coincidence? Could be? Could be someone got chewed on at FSMW for their crap broadcast for so long and some engineer/producers wanted some payback. At least the dayum audio is fixed finally lol.

Also, just an FYI, they donít give you any chance to pull down the videos and with 3 strikes you are gone. If you have say 4 videos with even background music in them they bang you with 3 strikes in one swoop and youíre done, they donít give you time to delete them after the alert notice. Good luck trying to talk to Google/YT. If you do get a matched third party content notice donít ignore it, the next move will be your account is gone and they ban you from the YT community and that means the whole dealio.

As far as blip.tv, if you read their TOS you can't upload material that you don't own the copyright to. Just because your friend hasn't been found yet doesn't mean they won't have blip shut him down once they do find him. With the search software they have now the can find just chunks of video or audio that the companies own in seconds and bang, you're on the hook. I've read they even pay people to search and alert the owners to possible infringment cases.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Stillflexin*

Maybe FSMW or NHL should hire you to do game highlights and clips because they sure don't do a good job of it. Lol

Stillflexin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 50
Very, very unfortunate that this happened. Pointless in truth. You provided a service for free and got dinged hard for it. Sorry bro

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:13 AM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

vCash: 50
Change hosting sites and make them private videos with a password. Then give us all the password. Nobody will mess with you.

trevorftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

well, thanks for everything!!!

i guess we CAN have too much of a good thing...

CitizenSnips is offline   Reply With Quote