HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Chicago @ Columbus | 7PM 3/20/12 | "Camsanity"

Old
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Matt Foley
Blue Jackets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
All will be fine, patience....
Kevin Bacon agrees...

Matt Foley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:12 PM
CBJCougar

The thing that I hate the most is that there is s little passion in Columbus.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Kevin Bacon agrees...

I love KB... (as an actor that is).... DSL and Wooten (aka SG) would love to see me flattened...

Last edited by Robert: 03-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Cyclones Rock

It's tough to compete in this league when you don't have a first or second line.

Dorsett's manhandling of Shaw was my game highlight. Mason's arrogance on the post game radio show was my second.

All in all, a pretty depressing display. I enjoy watching JJ play, though. He's a great start to blowing this mess up. The Captain needs to go. At $7.8 million, he's becoming a joke of late.

Umberger needs to be the amnesty buy out if the CBA allows for one. He's the poster child for no long term contacts. I hope someone smashes his face in. A teammate preferably.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Robert
BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
It's tough to compete in this league when you don't have a first or second line.

Dorsett's manhandling of Shaw was my game highlight. Mason's arrogance on the post game radio show was my second.

All in all, a pretty depressing display. I enjoy watching JJ play, though. He's a great start to blowing this mess up. The Captain needs to go. At $7.8 million, he's becoming a joke of late.

Umberger needs to be the amnesty buy out if the CBA allows for one. He's the poster child for no long term contacts. I hope someone smashes his face in. A teammate preferably.
RJ is what he is, a top NHL third liner, I don't want anyone to smash his head as he could be a leader on a CBJ winning playoff team.

Other than that yeah, you are close.

Old
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
RJ is what he is, a top NHL third liner, I don't want anyone to smash his head as he could be a leader on a CBJ winning playoff team.

Other than that yeah, you are close.
I was just fooling about someone smashing his face in. Shoulda put a smiley there. Still, the guy is so soft and so ineffective, it's brutal to watch him especially in the light of knowing that he's going to be out there for 5 more years at a big cap hit. He's untradable and he won't be bought out.

Not to be disagreeable, but I don't think he's an NHLer at this point. Certainly not a top anything. I really hope there is some underlying issue which is responsible for his play this season.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Robert
BOB

Quote:
I was just fooling about someone smashing his face in. Shoulda put a smiley there. Still, the guy is so soft and so ineffective, it's brutal to watch him especially in the light of knowing that he's going to be out there for 5 more years at a big cap hit. He's untradable and he won't be bought out.

Not to be disagreeable, but I don't think he's an NHLer at this point. Certainly not a top anything. I really hope there is some underlying issue which is responsible for his play this season.
RJ has a place in Columbus, which is the third line on a playoff team as he was in Philly... He's 90% emotional, if the Jackets ever make a playoff series he will make a difference in the win column.

Old
03-21-2012, 04:54 AM
EspenK

Quote:
RJ has a place in Columbus, which is the third line on a playoff team as he was in Philly... He's 90% emotional, if the Jackets ever make a playoff series he will make a difference in the win column.
Make the playoffs and win?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
Used to be when the CBJ would lose everyone here would be pissed off, screaming, yelling, going nuts! Now everyone is calm, used to it, completely apathetic........
You might even say people are enjoying it!

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassé: 03-21-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
...was my game highlight. Mason's arrogance on the post game radio show was my second.
More from Princess Stoutheart:

But except for one goal, Mason didn’t blame himself for the puck getting behind him.

“I don’t even consider this a bad game,” he said. “Aside from the second (goal), there’s not much you can do.”

That second goal, which came two minutes after the first one and two minutes before the third, was a bad-angle shot from Patrick Sharp that somehow found the net.

“They found a hole through my arm, the one part of the equipment where there’s a hole, and it snuck in there,” Mason said.

The other two Blackhawks goals in the third period went in off of Blue Jackets. The first was a pass that deflected off of John Moore. The third was an afterthought flick from the blue line by Brent Seabrook that glanced off Columbus defenseman Aaron Johnson right in front of the goal.

“It’s two feet in front of you,” Mason said. “You can’t react to that.”

Yes, it's all on his teammates and the hole in his equipment. Even if he was correct, isn't it customary for the goalie to accept at least some of the blame for a 5-1 shellacing? And he doesn't consider that a bad game? The more I see and hear from this kid, the more I actually dislike him. I can't even root for him to become a winner, he'll just become more of an insufferable ass.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post

But except for one goal, Mason didn’t blame himself for the puck getting behind him.

“I don’t even consider this a bad game,” he said. “Aside from the second (goal), there’s not much you can do.”

That second goal, which came two minutes after the first one and two minutes before the third, was a bad-angle shot from Patrick Sharp that somehow found the net.

“They found a hole through my arm, the one part of the equipment where there’s a hole, and it snuck in there,” Mason said.

The other two Blackhawks goals in the third period went in off of Blue Jackets. The first was a pass that deflected off of John Moore. The third was an afterthought flick from the blue line by Brent Seabrook that glanced off Columbus defenseman Aaron Johnson right in front of the goal.

Yes, it's all on his teammates and the hole in his equipment. Even if he was correct, isn't it customary for the goalie to accept at least some of the blame for a 5-1 shellacing? And he doesn't consider that a bad game? The more I see and hear from this kid, the more I actually dislike him. I can't even root for him to become a winner, he'll just become more of an insufferable ass.

The sad thing is, Richards pretty much agreed with Mason's comments in HIS post game comments on the radio...............

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:

Dorsett's manhandling of Shaw was my game highlight.
Little Dorsett didn't manhandle anyone...............he tried to provoke a meaningless fight after his own team was hopelessly behind. Kinda like Boll starting a fight at the beginning of the game to "fire up" his team............yeah, how'd that work out? Hawks almost immediately score three quick goals.

Get used to this everyone..................the Bluejackets have now become the real-life Charleston Chiefs...........goon it up boys, goon it up. The locals love it..............

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:48 AM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:

despite the fact that this is in fact very arrogant of him this is something i want to see, him developing confidence in himself.. he sucked last game but didnt get down and cry like a little baby about it, which is a step in the right direction. lets face it hes been very good lately besides this last game and if he just lets this 1 game get the best of him it could be horrible for a longer period of games.

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
despite the fact that this is in fact very arrogant of him this is something i want to see, him developing confidence in himself.. he sucked last game but didnt get down and cry like a little baby about it, which is a step in the right direction. lets face it hes been very good lately besides this last game and if he just lets this 1 game get the best of him it could be horrible for a longer period of games.
Sorry, Cono, but lack of confidence has never been a problem for Mason. He's arrogant and uncoachable, he needs less self-confidence, not more. He doesn't cry about failure, he blames it on others. I know I'm being harsh, but I've reached a point where I just don't want the kid around anymore. Let him gain whatever it is he needs to be successful in another organization.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Sorry, Cono, but lack of confidence has never been a problem for Mason. He's arrogant and uncoachable, he needs less self-confidence, not more. He doesn't cry about failure, he blames it on others. I know I'm being harsh, but I've reached a point where I just don't want the kid around anymore. Let him gain whatever it is he needs to be successful in another organization.
I agree!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:21 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Spot on Pete.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
squarelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
Come on everybody, he's right. He's been good lately. Look at his last 6 games or so. The new pads were key. And he's a warrior, playing with a lacerated hand only because his team needs him. "Hello 29 other GMs, wanna make a trade?"

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
EDM

I remember way, way back when Pete was such an optimist. Oh yeah, that was just six months ago.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
The thing that I hate the most is that there is s little passion in Columbus.
Oh there is a lot of passion in Columbus, just not with the Jackets. Fans, players, or otherwise. Did you see how excited the 'Hawks fans where destroying us?

You have a small handful of players that have it, the rest are along for the ride.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:04 AM
EDM

Sorry Robert, after RJ's shameful, and that is what it is, performance this year, I would like to see him helping another team to the playoffs in return for their first pick this year or next. Bad bounces and missed chances aside, his lack of effort has been appalling.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Oh there is a lot of passion in Columbus, just not with the Jackets. Fans, players, or otherwise. Did you see how excited the 'Hawks fans where destroying us?

You have a small handful of players that have it, the rest are along for the ride.
Exactly. It's like watching golf. I think the Dispatch had Boll's post game quote, where he just called out his team mates for it. It's just ********. If you don't want to play on my team, get the hell out of town.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:

You can read this as arrogance or see it as calling out his team mates, which needs to be done. Not all but a couple of the Chicago goals should have been given assists by CBJ players. The most notable one was Aaron Johnson's lazy slide into the lane blocking Mason's sight to allow, I think, the first Sharp goal. Ridiculous, lazy play by defensemen who either don't know how to do their job or don't care.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:22 AM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Quote:
I know hes been on record of saying his defense is to blame sometimes but there is no way u can tell me he has "too much confidence" when he looks at the rafters every softie he lets up and there is no way hes thinking "oh wow my defense blows" everytime this happens. That clearly shows a lack of self confidence. Anything to keep himself from saying "i suck" is a good thing in my book and in that post game mason makes no blame on his teammates for the goals.

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
EDM

Don't know or don't care? Dang, that is a tough choice.

Old
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Speedy Sanderson

In past seasons, I would go to the meaningless March games and try to look for the positives, as if they would somehow translate over to October. Not this year, I stayed for 2 periods last night and that was enough. This roster needs flushed. Maybe go the Florida route and bring in a new cast - the results can't be any worse than this year. Keep Jack Johnson and a few others who might give a crap and send the rest packing.

One last thing, can't stand all of the bandwagon Blackhawk fans. Where were they several years ago when the United Center was a morgue. Had a number of them around me last night and they were pretty bad. I asked a couple whether they were this passionite during the Jocelyn Thibault days - I'm not sure they knew who he was.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote