HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago @ Columbus | 7PM 3/20/12 | "Camsanity"

Old
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I remember way, way back when Pete was such an optimist. Oh yeah, that was just six months ago.
Had I not warned you about the volatility of my personality? Actually, as I've said, I consider myself a positive realist - I'm generally fairly optimistic, but I'm not blind to reality and I am not wedded to consistency, I'll change my opinion when facts warrant. I could never win a Republican primary.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
squarelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
In past seasons, I would go to the meaningless March games and try to look for the positives, as if they would somehow translate over to October. Not this year, I stayed for 2 periods last night and that was enough. This roster needs flushed. Maybe go the Florida route and bring in a new cast - the results can't be any worse than this year. Keep Jack Johnson and a few others who might give a crap and send the rest packing.

One last thing, can't stand all of the bandwagon Blackhawk fans. Where were they several years ago when the United Center was a morgue. Had a number of them around me last night and they were pretty bad. I asked a couple whether they were this passionite during the Jocelyn Thibault days - I'm not sure they knew who he was.
Dollar Bill's son turned out better for the franchise than Mr Mac's. Who da thunk it.

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
... Anything to keep himself from saying "i suck" is delusional.
A cheap shot, I know, and totally unworthy of me. I'm ashamed, but I'm weak and I couldn't resist.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
One last thing, can't stand all of the bandwagon Blackhawk fans. Where were they several years ago when the United Center was a morgue. Had a number of them around me last night and they were pretty bad. I asked a couple whether they were this passionite during the Jocelyn Thibault days - I'm not sure they knew who he was.
There is a family (including someone who I often refer to as Inappropriate Low-Cut Blouse Lady) that sits behind the Jackets' bench that every game I've seen is always decked out in their Jackets' gear to the nth degree; last night they instead were all decked out in Blackhawks attire. I know that people are entitled to root for whoever they want to, but I was kind of surprised to see that.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I'm surprised you folks are still getting upset with the play this season... I'm just as surprised that we still have fans on here that will suffer through a whole game at this point in the season considering where this team is in the standings.

I don't think I've watched a whole game in over a month, just bits and pieces and I'll check the box scores, but nothing surprises me anymore.

I do have a question for the peeps that are still religiously attending the games this late into the season from hell. What is an honest assessment of the arena atmosphere lately?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:20 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I do have a question for the peeps that are still religiously attending the games this late into the season from hell. What is an honest assessment of the arena atmosphere lately?
I continue to attend the few remaining games of my 20-2-1 package and I still enjoy watching NHL hockey, even if it often seems that only one team on the ice is capable of playing it. Most people I see around me are still into the game, cheer at appropriate moments, drink too much, and, as a result, annoy me by having to go to the toilet throughout the game. The food is still pretty good, though expensive, the music must suit someone's tastes, the promotions remain inane, and the evening's highlight is often the Future Jackets game during intermission. The atmosphere continues to support life as we have come to know it in the depths of the Western Conference basement.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I continue to attend the few remaining games of my 20-2-1 package and I still enjoy watching NHL hockey, even if it often seems that only one team on the ice is capable of playing it. Most people I see around me are still into the game, cheer at appropriate moments, drink too much, and, as a result, annoy me by having to go to the toilet throughout the game. The food is still pretty good, though expensive, the music must suit someone's tastes, the promotions remain inane, and the evening's highlight is often the Future Jackets game during intermission.
I'd almost think you were going to ECHL games by this description, Pete.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Even if those three where in I doubt the score would be much different... besides, injuries are not an excuse, every team in the NHL has significant injuries. I'm tired of hearing about it. The entire system from the ECHL through the AHL right up to the NHL is flawed...
The difference Wisniewski makes alone is noticable. The problem we have is depth, and that will always be an issue, as it is for 90% of NHL teams.

And he wasn't making an excuse, he was giving a reason, thats often what results from analyzing a situation as opposed to making a brash observation followed by a knee jerk assesment. 4 of our 6 on defense are off the ice with injuries, I would expect some terrible nights in our own end.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I continue to attend the few remaining games of my 20-2-1 package and I still enjoy watching NHL hockey, even if it often seems that only one team on the ice is capable of playing it. Most people I see around me are still into the game, cheer at appropriate moments, drink too much, and, as a result, annoy me by having to go to the toilet throughout the game. The food is still pretty good, though expensive, the music must suit someone's tastes, the promotions remain inane, and the evening's highlight is often the Future Jackets game during intermission. The atmosphere continues to support life as we have come to know it in the depths of the Western Conference basement.
We've had some good, even great games over the last 3 or 4 weeks. We need to make moves, but I still tune in or DVR the games I can't make.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Speedy Sanderson

I do have a question for the peeps that are still religiously attending the games this late into the season from hell. What is an honest assessment of the arena atmosphere lately?[/QUOTE]

Not too much different than at other points this season. I'm amazed that the place isn't completely empty. Fans seem resigned to the fact that the Jackets suck and many seem to be at the game just for something to do. I've always contended that at least 50% of the crowd at a Jacket game isn't really concerened one way or another about the outcome - the Jacket game is just a jumping off point before hitting the bars in the Arena District, or they got tickets from their employer and it's just a night out. The music selection has gotten better, the games that are played during the timeouts are juvenile, and the food and drinks are overpriced as ever.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:10 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Exhibit 1 that disproves that: Brian Burke in Toronto.

Here's a nugget for you. Scott Howson has put together a playoff team in Columbus previously. Brian Burke's Leafs have never made it.
And Brian Burke has been with the Leafs one less year. Both have zero playoff wins with their current team.

I'll trade Howson for Burke right now. Even if both foolishly placed confidence in goalies they shouldn't have.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote