HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you sold on Ennis being a center?

Old
03-21-2012, 10:46 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Love him at center, the results speak for themselves.

If I were Regier I would be looking to flip Roy for an up and coming checking line center to compliment the center core of Hodgson, Ennis, and Adam.
Adam is a very bold assumption on your part. From what the Rochester fans have been saying, he hasn't been all that impressive or dominant. At this point I would count Adam as not making the team full time next season.

Rochester .... Chime in here.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Dabs21Nike

If anything I think Adam is a winger. We're stacked at winger. He'll start next season in Rochester IMO

Dabs21Nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Adam is a very bold assumption on your part. From what the Rochester fans have been saying, he hasn't been all that impressive or dominant. At this point I would count Adam as not making the team full time next season.

exactly... at this point... Adam is the player you add to a deal to get the guy you really want.

Vanek + Adam
or
Roy + Adam

could Roy + Adam get you Zajac ?
could you then package Vanek with other assets for Ryan?
would you then have enough space to make an offer to parise?

Ryan-Ennis-Pominville
Parise-Zajac-Stafford
Leino-Hodgson-Gerbe
Foligno-McCormick-Kaleta
x Tropp

dreamer

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I think he's a center for now... If he reaches the level Briere reached, then I think on a deeper team he probably plays both the wing and center as Briere has done in Philly, or as Seguin does in Boston.

Right now he's a center based on need on the roster and and the need to produce offense.
The Briere comparisons have been made before, likely because of the similar creativity, shiftiness and ability to elude checks that both players have. I wonder if Ennis shouldn't call Briere's trainer that had him hauling huge weights to build up his lower body strength and legs and make him difficult to knock down....

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Kyndig86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
The Briere comparisons have been made before, likely because of the similar creativity, shiftiness and ability to elude checks that both players have. I wonder if Ennis shouldn't call Briere's trainer that had him hauling huge weights to build up his lower body strength and legs and make him difficult to knock down....
What what Afinogenov?

As long as he doesn't lose his speed. If this would make him lose his speed screw that we have enough slowpokes on this team.

Look what happened to Willie Parker who used to play for the Steelers. They tried to bulk him up, he lost his speed and then got his leg broken and a swift exit from the NFL after multiple 1000 yrd seasons.

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig86 View Post
What what Afinogenov?

As long as he doesn't lose his speed. If this would make him lose his speed screw that we have enough slowpokes on this team.

Look what happened to Willie Parker who used to play for the Steelers. They tried to bulk him up, he lost his speed and then got his leg broken and a swift exit from the NFL after multiple 1000 yrd seasons.
Briere worked with strongman competitor and fellow Quebec resident Hugo Girard to build his functional strength, not his overall "bulk". It worked wonders.

03-21-2012, 12:53 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post

Bold or not, last time I checked Adam is next on the depth chart as far as offensive centers go.

I'm trying to think beyond the next couple of months and start piecing together core 2.0. Ennis/Hodgson/Leino are functional centers; Adam/Sundher are in reserve. There is still space for a checkling/defensive center with speed to complement this group. Unless we sign one in the off season, I say use Roy to grab a young 3rd line checking center, the next Goose, so to speak (preferably with more speed).

If Darcy can package Roy + for a better overall center, rock on.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote