HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Thread Part V (RIP Junior Seau)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
I think the only reason Jets fan will be chanting for Tebow is because they want him gone.

03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Snow Soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I disagree with Francessa. I think Tebow can work for the Jets. If Sanchez does in fact regress or stall he's not a bad guy to fill in
Francessa's a Jet hater so I'm not surprised by anything he says. Dude got into a shouting match with Revis on the air last season.

On paper it's a decent trade. 4th rounder for someone who can run the wildcat...

In reality, it's going to be a circus. The media frenzy last year was ridiculous and now it's in NY...for a guy who's a gimmick QB. Honestly it makes the Jets look like a joke, especially compared to the Giants.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Pogo

Lin and Tebow within such a small geographical area... this won't end well. Perhaps we could get LeBron in the area as well? Lin, Tebow, LeBron and Crosby all within spitting distance of each other. Millions of sports writers ******* in their pants...

Old
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Correction Deflection:

NO Asst coach suspended 6 games

Saints also fined 500k

Jesus.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
GAGLine

The jets had more than enough lockerroom problems last year. A possible QB controversy won't help. The circus just got a new attraction. But Rex just has to get those headlines.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
The Jets can keep all the headlines as long as the Giants get them when they win Super Bowls.

This is a complete stunt by Woody Johnson because he can't stand that the Giants have the town's attention.

This also hurts Sanchez, whose psyche is already rattled. Every time he throws an incompletion or interception, he's going to have to look over his shoulder with Jets fans chanting for Tebow. He's gotta be pissed.
Sanchez, IMO, needs to be pressed. It'll help him wake up.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
dfine06

did anybody ever think he might help the team?

Sanchez didnt really get far last year. and well.. tebow did in comparison.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Page Six will get shots of Tebow and Lin going to church together. I can't wait when Bloomberg meets Tebow and he's dropping "Merry Christmas" bombs left and right

Old
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
BlessThisMess513

Jets games will now be held exclusively on Sundays at your local church. The body and blood of Christ will also be passed around for every touchdown. Praise be, Amen.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Sanchez, IMO, needs to be pressed. It'll help him wake up.
If he needs to be pressed there are much larger issues. It means he doesn't care. Flirting with Peyton, the Giants winning the Super Bowl and his own poor season should be enough motivation. This whole offseason has done nothing but send him mixed messages. This is a pure PR move that can and may have a negative effect on the team's most important player.

03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Zeroknowledge*

can't be worse than Sanchez

Old
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Yikes. Rex Ryan and Tebow on the same team?
Lets go get a ******* snack! Oh, sorry Tebow. I mean lets go get a snack which god has graciously provide for us to sustain us. Amen. Jets are a joke.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
If he needs to be pressed there are much larger issues. It means he doesn't care. Flirting with Peyton, the Giants winning the Super Bowl and his own poor season should be enough motivation. This whole offseason has done nothing but send him mixed messages. This is a pure PR move that can and may have a negative effect on the team's most important player.
I'm just going off the comments of several Jets players who said part of the issues last season was that Sanchez had a huge ego and got away with murder since there was no threat to his job.

Yeah, its a huge PR move. But Sanchez might work a little extra knowing Tebow's success running the wildcat could easily translate to an eventual start.

I expected a bounceback season from Sanchez anyway, Tebow or no Tebow

Old
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
n_a_c

I think Tebow will help the Jets win games on the field. Switching between Tebow & Sanchez will confuse defenses and the Jets will score more.

I donít know how he will impact the locker room, but I have no reason to think it will be for the worse. If they win more, that is good for the locker room.

I think Sanchez needs to think less and just play. Sharing the spotlight with Tebow might allow him to grow without quite the level of pressure.

The trade is cheap in terms of cap space and what they gave up.

So I like it.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

The guy who Fatcessa disregarded just now had a good point. If the Jets brought somebody in with Tim Tebow's skill set, but without the media publicity and cult-like following, it'd be considered a great move. It's someone Sparano can use in the Wildcat and adds to the creativity on offense. From what we saw last season, this team needed a spark on offense and some plays that would cause confusion for the defense. A Tebow-like player does that to an extent. He isn't a great thrower of the ball, but if teams don't see it coming, it can be effective at making windows larger. His threat to run makes him dangerous as well, along the goaline as well as anywhere on the field.

If Sanchez plays well, the whole Tebow being on the team will be an afterthought because he'd come in for his plays only and Sanchez would just show you when he comes back under center why Tebow is in for those plays only.

The only issue with this is because of who Tebow is. Without the hoopla around Tebow, I think it'd be a good move.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Rex and Tebow...wow.

Tebow took over Denver, there's no reason to believe he won't be able to do the same ON THE FIELD in NY. He'll be all over the media for sure, but I bet fans will stay split on how much they like the guy in their locker room.

Happy to be a Giants fan today

Old
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Sporano had a huge hand in this. This was a football move first. Miami had a lot of success with the wildcat. The Jets had it with Brad Smith, and when he left there was a void.

Jets killed two birds with one 4th rounder, IMO.

Good trade.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:17 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Imagine Tebow throwing in the Meadowlands in November/December? YIKES!!!

The Jets went OUT OF THEIR WAY to create a QB controversy.

You Jets fans better hope Nick Folk can kick 65+ Yard Field Goals.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:20 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Tebow fan here. Happy he's a Jet just so I can see him play on TV. This is obviously just an attempt to light a fire under Sanchez's butt though. If he actually ends up taking over I'd be happily surprised.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
The Jets just gave up two picks for a back-up fullback who will divide the locker room and force out Sanchez. Cannot believe how terrible that move was. Picking him up free? Sure. Trading a 4th round pick? Wtf?

Old
03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Tebow fan here. Happy he's a Jet just so I can see him play on TV. This is obviously just an attempt to light a fire under Sanchez's butt though. If he actually ends up taking over I'd be happily surprised.
If Tebow takes over, it means that Sanchez is an absolute and complete bust and that the Jets season will be summarily over. There is zero shot that Tebow takes over unless there is a complete and utter implosion.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
can't be worse than Sanchez
Have you even watched either of Sanchez or Tebow play? Sanchez is head and shoulders a better quarterback. Tebow- I love the guy's character- is just an awful QB.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
park rangers
Optimist

This is a terrible move for the Jets. You trade a 4th rounder plus $$ (since he makes a lot with 1st rd contract) for a guy who will only see the field a few plays, cause even more media coverage, more pressure on the team.

If wild cat is such an important, missing piece to the Jets offense, than you have much bigger problems. They obviously don't trust Sanchez as their starting QB to get the job done by himself. They SHOULD be looking for a long term replacement for Sanchez instead of what they have done.

Lets recap... The Jets 'pass' on Peyton, make Sanchez one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL, trade for Tebow.

It's either Tannenbaum is the worst GM in NFL history, or the Jets have a major Napoleonic complex.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
This is a terrible move for the Jets. You trade a 4th rounder plus $$ (since he makes a lot with 1st rd contract) for a guy who will only see the field a few plays, cause even more media coverage, more pressure on the team.

If wild cat is such an important, missing piece to the Jets offense, than you have much bigger problems. They obviously don't trust Sanchez as their starting QB to get the job done by himself. They SHOULD be looking for a long term replacement for Sanchez instead of what they have done.

Lets recap... The Jets 'pass' on Peyton, make Sanchez one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL, trade for Tebow.

It's either Tannenbaum is the worst GM in NFL history, or the Jets have a major Napoleonic complex.
So glad I was raised a NYG fan.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post

It'll either be his worst or his best. I don't think that this ends in the middle. Either the Jets somehow win a Superbowl under this regime or they are all gone in three years.

Closed Thread