HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#73|Mar. 20, 2012|Panthers at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
03-20-2012, 09:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Lilja and Kubina...oldest defensive pairing ever?
Might be the slowest ever. It was like watching a pair of turtles skate when those two were both out there.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
Granted, but it was a game more for the fans with little consequence, win or lose. The point is, if we want to make a good run this year, we're gonna need Briere scoring. Lavy knows this, and is trying to get him scoring again. After all, hartnell and bryz both turned it around, hopefully he can too.
Well, whatever Lavi and Briere are doing has not been working for quite a while- time to change strategy. Lavi ought to read Briere a riot act.

Briere was a part of thhat tae "leadership group" talked to Bryz. Now it's time for him to look in the mirror.

As of his role on the ice, not only does he need to turn up his scoring, but also he needs to cover his defensive assignments (on the1st goal tonight he was a spectator)

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Might be the slowest ever. It was like watching a pair of turtles skate when those two were both out there.
I think they were auditioning for Comcast "Slowsky" comercial

Old
03-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Problem is, I don't think he's been any worse on defense than he's always been. He's just not potting goals to make up for it.

03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
what?? it was 2 points in the standings. every bit as important as Thursday's game.

Lavi oughtta sit Danny & light a fire under him, the way they benched Bryz [deservedly so, by the way]
Losing the winter classic is not going to make us miss the playoffs. Big picture we need points, i get that. But what made the winter classic sooooo important? (besides the sweet jerseys?)
Bryz played terribly, Lavy stuck with him, he eventually found his game and now the hecklers have moved on.
Briere has done too much for the Flyers not to be given the respect he deserves.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Well, whatever Lavi and Briere are doing has not been working for quite a while- time to change strategy. Lavi ought to read Briere a riot act.

Briere was a part of thhat tae "leadership group" talked to Bryz. Now it's time for him to look in the mirror.

As of his role on the ice, not only does he need to turn up his scoring, but also he needs to cover his defensive assignments (on the1st goal tonight he was a spectator)
I cant say a thing about this, i hear ya. Thats not what his game is though, as frustrating as it may be.

Edit: Beef hit the nail on the head.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Flyerfan4life

you think things are bad now..

wait till the post season and Hobbit is still not producing..

then things get real ugly.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:01 PM
RussianRocket10

Game winning goal on an assist from the glass. Lovely.

RussianRocket10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
TheLegendkiller

Let down game. After Boston and Pittsburgh even I couldn't get myself to care enough to watch us play the Panthers.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:46 AM
mirimon

Well, that was a strange game. We were clearly better than the Panthers. We outskated them, we were stronger than them, we won the battles... and yet we lost. The PP was putrid, can't waste chances like that.

I guess it's the hockey god evening things out after allowing us to win against the Pens despite being outplayed for the first 40 minutes in that game.

Giroux were our best player in the game, imo. He was playing with some snarl, wasn't afraid to shoot the puck, and flat out dominated faceoffs.

Meh, just move on to the next game and let's get the offense going again. Make sure that it is the Panthers that come in third and not the Caps. Being at the top of the table might not be so appealing when the season is over if it's the Caps, or maybe even a resurging Sabres, you get to face. Ottawa or Florida sounds easier to me at least.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Game winning goal on an assist from the glass. Lovely.
Yeah, and we got our only goal from a Panthers skate. Don't complain about lucky bounces.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:00 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, and we got our only goal from a Panthers skate. Don't complain about lucky bounces.
PantHer fan coming in peace.

Thx vikke for pointing that out. No one here wants to give us any credit; that's cool.

One player did.

Jagr said. "You got to give them all the credit; they know how to win. They won five straight, they shut down the neutral zone and created turnovers."

It was the first time we beat you all season, so you have our number generally. Good job all year and good luck in the playoffs.

Cheers

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
TOCxNJ

This was the first game I went to in two years...while it was still fun, the game itself was pretty bad. We couldn't get any momentum, and passing was terrible. Not sure what it looked like on tv, but to me it seemed the flyers played with no urgency, and the overall effort was sub par.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
PantHer fan coming in peace.

Thx vikke for pointing that out. No one here wants to give us any credit; that's cool.

One player did.

Jagr said. "You got to give them all the credit; they know how to win. They won five straight, they shut down the neutral zone and created turnovers."

It was the first time we beat you all season, so you have our number generally. Good job all year and good luck in the playoffs.

Cheers
I give credit when credit is earned. I thought the Panthers played far better in the 3-2 losses than last night. Flyers outplayed them practically the entire night, and had it not been for the goalie, probably would have ended 3-2 once again. I mean, 13 shots? As good as your guys were at clogging up the neutral zone late in the 3rd, they can't expect to go far in the playoffs with that kind of mentality. Good luck the rest of the way though.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post

totally agreed ..... i never thought the empty net gift was some big 'turnaround' for danny

this is why he should not have spoken publicly about Bryz .. it just makes him look foolish now & draws more attention to his awful play.

and he doesnt have the excuse of a new team, tough to play his position in philly ....

time for danny to look in the mirror for sure

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:43 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
I give credit when credit is earned. I thought the Panthers played far better in the 3-2 losses than last night. Flyers outplayed them practically the entire night, and had it not been for the goalie, probably would have ended 3-2 once again. I mean, 13 shots? As good as your guys were at clogging up the neutral zone late in the 3rd, they can't expect to go far in the playoffs with that kind of mentality. Good luck the rest of the way though.
Fair enough!! Dineen changes this team from the entertaining run and gun he had the first half, to this more playoff style clogging and allowing multiple perimeter shots. Its boring but translating. It prevents results like winnipeg had against pitt last night.

I dont expect us to go far, but its our first time in 10 years, so any round is a good round lol.

Thanks for the good wishes!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:15 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
This was the first game I went to in two years...while it was still fun, the game itself was pretty bad. We couldn't get any momentum, and passing was terrible. Not sure what it looked like on tv, but to me it seemed the flyers played with no urgency, and the overall effort was sub par.
Plenty of urgency in the 3rd, but lots of sloppy.
The panthers played an excellent defensive game. When a shot got on net clemmenson gave up few rebounds. When he did give up a rebound, panthers were there and collectively mucked it up so nothing was clean. Panthers got outskated, but their D effort collectively was very solid.

We also missed the net ALOT last night, and we needed one of those PP in the first.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Plenty of urgency in the 3rd, but lots of sloppy.
The panthers played an excellent defensive game. When a shot got on net clemmenson gave up few rebounds. When he did give up a rebound, panthers were there and collectively mucked it up so nothing was clean. Panthers got outskated, but their D effort collectively was very solid.

We also missed the net ALOT last night, and we needed one of those PP in the first.
Flyers worked hard not smart.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:24 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Problem is, I don't think he's been any worse on defense than he's always been. He's just not potting goals to make up for it.
The further into his slump I think he has looked worse defensively, to the extent on 0 effort on certain plays. This is why I am on him so hard lately ( Usually Briere supporter). His absolute garbage shifts are out weighing just average shifts and it is affecting the team and his linemates !!

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
The further into his slump I think he has looked worse defensively, to the extent on 0 effort on certain plays.
that is what stands out most. i'd rather have a younger, hungrier player out there [Wellwood type]

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

I think the game yesterday was alright, we outplayed them but we missed alot of shots, Clemm had a good game as well. Not too bummed about it.

Our D is looking alot better than it did a couple of weeks ago though, so that's one plus side of it.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
I think the game yesterday was alright, we outplayed them but we missed alot of shots, Clemm had a good game as well. Not too bummed about it.

Our D is looking alot better than it did a couple of weeks ago though, so that's one plus side of it.
Welcome! Congrats on your first post!

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Welcome! Congrats on your first post!
Thanks!

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:08 PM
PJStock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJagr View Post
Thanks!
Very cool avatar I'm half Scottish myself Welcome.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
You have to be entertaining too. There is a reason the Rock is only 3/4 full.
Isn't the game played in Philadelphia?

It's not the Panthers' job to give a show to the fans.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote