Notices

Moving On to 2012-13

Old
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
I would love to somehow get Logan Couture from San Jose. That team needs a shakeup and I'm sure firing and hiring will be happening soon in the offseason. He makes 1.2 mill and is on a cheap contract. Only 27 years old 30 goals 28 assists this season and plays center also. He could step right into our top 6 when koivus gone.

Already did the Bonino trade.... So it is possible to do this trade with SJS.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Couture has a caphit of 2.8m from next season, in salary terms, 2.75m in 12-13, 3m in 13-14.

And I'm 99% sure if SJ were to shake it up, one of the few players that they wouldn't trade would be a guy who once again is having a career year at a bargain of a caphit, not sure why in a shake up they would ship out one of their best players of the season. It would take enormous overpayment.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Couture has a caphit of 2.8m from next season, in salary terms, 2.75m in 12-13, 3m in 13-14.

And I'm 99% sure if SJ were to shake it up, one of the few players that they wouldn't trade would be a guy who once again is having a career year at a bargain of a caphit, not sure why in a shake up they would ship out one of their best players of the season. It would take enormous overpayment.
Yah I'm just spitballing here due to a "blow up" thread for San Jose in the trade forums. Apparently all their good players are untouchable and only expensive joe and old marleau are available. Typical "blow up" thread to draw attention and then see false advertising scenario.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yah I'm just spitballing here due to a "blow up" thread for San Jose in the trade forums. Apparently all their good players are untouchable and only expensive joe and old marleau are available. Typical "blow up" thread to draw attention and then see false advertising scenario.
Having the likes of Couture, Pavelski, Burns etc off limits is because if they blow it up, those are the players they would rebuild around. You're not going to trade some of your younger star players if you want to blow it up tbh.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Having the likes of Couture, Pavelski, Burns etc off limits is because if they blow it up, those are the players they would rebuild around. You're not going to trade some of your younger star players if you want to blow it up tbh.
Yah there was another post their that included more untouchables. Which is sadly to say the only players people would be interested in.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:53 AM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I would love to somehow get Logan Couture from San Jose. That team needs a shakeup and I'm sure firing and hiring will be happening soon in the offseason. He makes 1.2 mill and is on a cheap contract. Only 27 years old 30 goals 28 assists this season and plays center also. He could step right into our top 6 when koivus gone.

Already did the Bonino trade.... So it is possible to do this trade with SJS.
What? Where did you get any idea that Logan Couture is 27?

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote