HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Senators | Tuesday March 20th, 7:30PM | SNET-E/RDS

Old
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Marble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I must add that Klinkhammer is a ****ing BEAST. If we let go of this guy i'm gonna be real pissed. He is the perfect third liner. He flings players away that are nothing and causes a lot of room out there for his teammates.
He's looked fine for sure, and I think his game is a good one, but I just wish he would produce SOMETHING. He's come close a few times, but he needs to help himself before he runs out of chances.

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I like Turris, but he isn't good enough without supporting cast on center. Lets face it without Spezza, those lines were terrible. It shouldnt come as a huge shock who won that game.
Which is generally what you'd expect from the youngest player on your forward corps. Turris needs work, nobody is saying otherwise. The fact is that he's played fairly well given the cirmcumstances(starting in december, new team, etc.), and still has quite a bit of room to grow as a player.

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I like Turris, but he isn't good enough without supporting cast on center. Lets face it without Spezza, those lines were terrible. It shouldnt come as a huge shock who won that game.
Some are talking like New Jersey won 5-0 this was a very tight game and when a team wins 1-0 its not like Jersey was all over Ottawa in the game.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
He's looked fine for sure, and I think his game is a good one, but I just wish he would produce SOMETHING. He's come close a few times, but he needs to help himself before he runs out of chances.
This is true, but i'm hoping once he gets one, he'll be on fire. To be honest, the way he just handles the game out there even without producing is huge. He makes big hits that back up the fore checkers and is solid on the PK; his board game is also real solid.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
This is true, but i'm hoping once he gets one, he'll be on fire. To be honest, the way he just handles the game out there even without producing is huge. He makes big hits that back up the fore checkers and is solid on the PK; his board game is also real solid.
That doesn't change the fact that we don't have much room to play with when it comes to roster spots next year, especially for that bottom 6.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
That doesn't change the fact that we don't have much room to play with when it comes to roster spots next year, especially for that bottom 6.
Foligno, Smith, Condra, O'Brien, Greening, Neil, Zibanejad, Klinkhammer. Zibanejad might be in AHL or top 6 to start while Klinkhammer just has to fight once person for a roster spot. I think he can do it.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Marble

It would all be so much easier if we had 6 top-6 forwards...

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:32 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
It would all be so much easier if we had 6 top-6 forwards...
Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, Silfverberg, Turris, Parise/Parenteau/Ryan/Whitney.

Other choices/Outside chances:
Filatov
Stone
David Jones
Trade for RFA

Wait until next year, broski.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:50 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, Silfverberg, Turris, Parise/Parenteau/Ryan/Whitney.

Other choices/Outside chances:
Filatov
Stone
David Jones
Trade for RFA

Wait until next year, broski.
This whole season is just a prelude to the next one in my opinion. The team has wildly passed my expectations before the year, and everything they do in the playoffs is just a bonus. I'd love for them to win a round, but even with a loss the young guys on the team will get some vital post season experience and know what to expect the next time around.

I'm very excited to see who comes out of camp next season and claims a top 6 spot. Perhaps even two rookies might crack it! And you never know what Murray will do with Free Agency, he has lots of cap space

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Sensfanman

I don't think we can discount Regin. I don't know if he'll be well enough to work out instead of rehab this summer but he would be a great compliment in our top 6 to play with Turris. Don't let his recent string of injuries, or last years failure, fool you. Everyone sucked last year and Regin's 10 games this year were actually pretty good, aside from coming back too soon and reinjuring himself.

If/when he comes back healthy, I think he deserves a spot in our top 6, or should at least give some semblance of offense to our 3rd line.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Foligno, Smith, Condra, O'Brien, Greening, Neil, Zibanejad, Klinkhammer. Zibanejad might be in AHL or top 6 to start while Klinkhammer just has to fight once person for a roster spot. I think he can do it.
Condra, Greening, Foligno, Neil and Smith are all on 1-ways, so they aren't going anywhere. Then there's JOB to make 6 and possibly Winny and Regin as well.