HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Victoria Royals 2011-12 Season Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2012, 01:50 AM
  #201
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Huge 2 points right there. Bumps us into 7th and gives us a much better chance of making the playoffs. Hodges with a big 2 point night and Hamilton stops 32 of 35.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:51 AM
  #202
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator
 
SensAreReligion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourettesGuy View Post
*Murphy now plays for the Penticton Vees.

And for the record, Magee and Jones are both up there when it comes to draft status.

Craig Button recently ranked Hodges at 56th overall.
LOL Craig Button

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:59 AM
  #203
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensAreReligion View Post
LOL Craig Button

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:03 AM
  #204
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50

Quote:
"The Kings Do Not Have Enough Good Defensemen."

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:26 PM
  #205
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
big 3-1 win for the boys! A Seattle loss means a clinch for us! Go Spokane!

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
  #206
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Victoria clinches a playoff spot!

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:23 AM
  #207
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
big 3-1 win for the boys! A Seattle loss means a clinch for us! Go Spokane!
Obvious you could not do the math this evening and had to hear it from somewhere else otherwise you would not have made the comment.

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:40 AM
  #208
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
3 1

Victoria comes out playing real hockey at the end of the season taking 5 very important points. 1 Against Vancouver and 4 against Portland.
Now the waiting game is to see who the Royals play. Either Tri-City or Kamloops.
Games wise, I think that the Royals would have a better chance playing the Blazers even though their record against each other is not that great against each other.
Royals had there 7th sells out this season as well.

SCORING 1 2 3 Total
Portland Winterhawks 0 1 0 1
Victoria Royals 1 0 2 3

SHOTS 1 2 3 Total
Portland Winterhawks 13 16 9 38
Victoria Royals 9 10 13 32

3 Stars
1. VIC - 30 Keith Hamilton
2. VIC - 29 Mike Forsyth
3. VIC - 18 Brandon Magee

Attendance
7006 (sellout)

Game Summary
http://www.whl.ca/schedule/show/game/60169

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:47 AM
  #209
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
Obvious you could not do the math this evening and had to hear it from somewhere else otherwise you would not have made the comment.
The guys on 91.3 confused me, And I did do the math after I made the comment. haha

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:03 AM
  #210
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Royals Playoff Bound

For Immediate Release

Friday, March 16, 2012

Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals clinched their first playoff berth in team history and fifth in franchise history on Friday night against the Portland Winterhawks.

Single game tickets for the 2012 WHL Playoffs are available for purchase at the Select Your Tickets box office located at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Tickets can be purchased at the Select Your Tickets box office, online at selectyourtickets.com or over the phone at (250)220-7777.

The Royals’ playoff game dates, opponents and start times are all to be determined. Only tickets to the first two home games of the playoffs will be made available at this time. Group rates for playoff tickets are also available, starting as low as $10 per ticket.

In a Friday night matchup at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Center the Victoria Royals took on the Portland Winterhawks in the final game of the 2011-2012 WHL regular season. The Royals gave Keith Hamilton the start in net while the Winterhawks countered with Mac Carruth.

http://victoriaroyals.com/article/ro...f-berth/118890

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:07 AM
  #211
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
For Immediate Release

Friday, March 16, 2012

Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals clinched their first playoff berth in team history and fifth in franchise history on Friday night against the Portland Winterhawks.

Single game tickets for the 2012 WHL Playoffs are available for purchase at the Select Your Tickets box office located at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Tickets can be purchased at the Select Your Tickets box office, online at selectyourtickets.com or over the phone at (250)220-7777.

The Royals’ playoff game dates, opponents and start times are all to be determined. Only tickets to the first two home games of the playoffs will be made available at this time. Group rates for playoff tickets are also available, starting as low as $10 per ticket.

In a Friday night matchup at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Center the Victoria Royals took on the Portland Winterhawks in the final game of the 2011-2012 WHL regular season. The Royals gave Keith Hamilton the start in net while the Winterhawks countered with Mac Carruth.

http://victoriaroyals.com/article/ro...f-berth/118890
Including the old Victoria Cougars, The last time a Victoria WHL team made the playoffs was in 1989.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:12 AM
  #212
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Royals clinch playoff spot
By CLEVE DHEENSAW, Times Colonist March 16, 2012 11:01 PM

With daylight streaming through the windows of the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre at the opening face-off Friday evening, there was ample visual evidence that hockey playoff time is near.

And the Victoria Royals assured they will be in the Western Hockey League post-season dance with a 3-1 victory over the mighty Portland Winterhawks, fourth ranked among all major-junior teams in North America.

When it comes to a desperate team against a top team, it’s never a bad idea to bet on the former. The Royals waited until the final period of the final regular-season game, scoring two unanswered goals from Mike Forsyth and Jamie Crooks to clinch either the seventh or the eighth playoff berth in the Western Conference.


Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...#ixzz1pLsB3N00

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:30 PM
  #213
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Brandon Magee

One of the Royals best fighting forwards may be out for the rest of the season with a lower body injury.
He hurt himself during the second period of last nights game.
Very sad to see him gone.

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:19 AM
  #214
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Royals to face blazers in first round of whl playoffs

Quote:
ROYALS TO FACE BLAZERS IN FIRST ROUND OF WHL PLAYOFFS
Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals will meet the Kamloops Blazers in the first round of the WHL Playoffs in a best-of-seven series beginning on Friday, March 23rd.

Everett’s 6-4 win over Seattle this evening secured the Royals hold on seventh place in the Western Conference standings, and set up the match-up against Blazers. This will be the first ever playoff meeting between these two franchises.

Series Schedule:


Friday, March 23rd Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, March 24th Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday, March 27th Kamloops @ Victoria 7:05 p.m.

Thursday, March 29th Kamloops @ Victoria TBD

Friday, March 30th Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m. (if necessary)

Monday, April 2nd Kamloops @ Victoria 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)

Wednesday, April 4th Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m. (if necessary)
LINK

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:55 PM
  #215
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
ROYALS TO FACE BLAZERS IN FIRST ROUND OF WHL PLAYOFFS
Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals will meet the Kamloops Blazers in the first round of the WHL Playoffs in a best-of-seven series beginning on Friday, March 23rd.

Everett’s 6-4 win over Seattle this evening secured the Royals hold on seventh place in the Western Conference standings, and set up the match-up against Blazers. This will be the first ever playoff meeting between these two franchises.

Series Schedule:


Friday, March 23rd Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m.

Saturday, March 24th Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday, March 27th Kamloops @ Victoria 7:05 p.m.

Thursday, March 29th Kamloops @ Victoria TBD

Friday, March 30th Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m. (if necessary)

Monday, April 2nd Kamloops @ Victoria 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)

Wednesday, April 4th Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00 p.m. (if necessary)
Should be a good series. Victoria has to play a full 60 minutes if they wanna win any of these games though. Tallying up the games against Kamloops on the site, (don't trust my math) but our season record against Kamloops is 1-5-1. a few of those losses were close games though.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
  #216
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
One of the Royals best fighting forwards may be out for the rest of the season with a lower body injury.
He hurt himself during the second period of last nights game.
Very sad to see him gone.
Source? But if we lose him, it's huge.

He is one of our hardest workers out there, not to mention that he can put the puck in the net, which is what are guys need to do if we have a chance at winning this series.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:44 PM
  #217
alcoraces
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
What's wrong with your #3?? Is he injured, or did Dad finally figure it out after all these years??

alcoraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
  #218
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourettesGuy View Post
Source? But if we lose him, it's huge.

He is one of our hardest workers out there, not to mention that he can put the puck in the net, which is what are guys need to do if we have a chance at winning this series.
Source is I saw him in crutches yesterday at the awards ceremony.

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
  #219
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnSailor View Post
Source is I saw him in crutches yesterday at the awards ceremony.
Not exactly a "source", so we don't really know how serious the injury is.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
  #220
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
Not exactly a "source", so we don't really know how serious the injury is.
Ok how about his coach saying he may be out for the rest of the season

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:38 PM
  #221
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoraces View Post
What's wrong with your #3?? Is he injured, or did Dad finally figure it out after all these years??
he hurt his leg in the states moving their bags out of the bus. This is the official version but but I have heard of an unofficial one of hurting his leg stepping out of bus.
Last medical update on him is week to week.

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:40 PM
  #222
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
Not exactly a "source", so we don't really know how serious the injury is.

Also, if I saw you in crutches the next day after a game, I would think it is more major then minor.

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:26 AM
  #223
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Thursday game is now on Wednesday

Note everyone, game 4 was originally scheduled for March 29th has been rescheduled for WEDNESDAY MARCH 28!! Game 3 & 4 will be back to back!!

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:34 PM
  #224
CdnSailor
Go Royals Go
 
CdnSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Energy line huge in royals' playoff push

The forward trio of Mike Forsyth, Tim Traber and Dakota Conroy might not get all the headlines, but they have earned the attention of the opposition since they came together in January. It is a line that has been placed against other teams’ top line and yet, in the last encounter Friday night against the Portland Winterhawks, they combined for two goals, two assists and a +5 in a 3-1 victory that clinched a playoff spot for the Victoria Royals. They have gotten to know each other’s style of play since Conroy was acquired from the Brandon Wheat Kings on January 9 and the three have continued to build a strong foundation for a difficult line to deal with for Royals’ foes.

“Right away we noticed chemistry between us three and Marc (Habscheid) recognized that too and he saw that as a positive and ever since we’ve just been creating offence and that’s a bonus for us,” said Forsyth, who led the charge Friday with a goal and an assist and was +3. “The big thing with us is we know where each other are on the ice and in the offensive zone and we just kind of feed off that. Every pass ends up on one of our sticks and if we just keep doing that, I think we can really contribute offensively.”

http://victoriaroyals.com/article/en...ff-push/119251

CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:10 PM
  #225
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Thank god Hamilton is starting.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.