HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Art Ross Race Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

vCash: 500
What a game from Geno, Sid and Neal. That was awesome. No doubt about it Geno is taking the Art Ross home. Hopefully there will be something even more important come June!

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpar View Post
Don't know if it has already been posted, there is another impressive stats about Malkin - 42 out of his 50 assists are primary.
Thanks for posting that. That is really impressive.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:58 AM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach6668 View Post
Malkin on pace for 49.615.

Neal on pace for 39.861.

Those "on pace" stats are usually a little inflated after big games, but in any event, they'll have to pick up the pace a little. Gonna be tough with our relatively tough schedule down the stretch.

Malkin on pace for 107.308 pts, fwiw. Giroux for 94.957, Stamkos for 95.667 (56.944 goals).
How do you tally .308 points in a game?

Funny, before last nights game I didn't think Malkin was going to reach 100 points. Now he has to be really bad not to get 7 points in 10 games.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley View Post
The Lindsay, Hart and Art Ross belong to Malkin, no doubt about that.
Were so blessed with a great team.

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post

Funny, before last nights game I didn't think Malkin was going to reach 100 points. Now he has to be really bad not to get 7 points in 10 games.
1 ass = 1/3 goal?

Jacques G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpar View Post
Don't know if it has already been posted, there is another impressive stats about Malkin - 42 out of his 50 assists are primary.
That makes sense. The main board always talks about "secondary Sid," not "secondary Evgeni". Although "secondary Evgeni" is fun to say. Try it.

(Seriously, that's really cool, and more evidence that Malkin deserves the Hart)

Quote:
I believe Rocket Richard was the last guy to do it. Or maybe it was Eddie Shore. If anyone today could do it, it would be Geno.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Doesn't matter . . . I called this two weeks ago. Stamkos thought he had a chance, but Geno has played his trump card. Mrs. and Mr. Malkin are in town. Someone might have been able to beat Geno. But, Geno on mama's borscht? Forget about it . . .
Maybe Stamkos invites Malkins parents to his next game? I heard his mom ist taking Russian classes.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
SirBrad

Let's put it into perspective - in the entire NHL, there are only 2 guys within 17 points of Geno's 93 points. That's pretty impressive.

Old
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Amazing stats aside, what often goes overlooked about Geno, and still bugs the hell out of me till this day, is that his work ethic is still often overlooked. A lot of ignorant people still get caught up in the whole "Russians are lazy and arrogant" stigma, and I have no doubt that there are alot of people that place the same ridiculous stereotype on Geno. Needless to say though the man is an absolute workhorse on the ice every single shift, at BOTH ends! We often applaud Sid for his work ethic, but if you ask me I don't think Geno is far behind either, as he plays with just as much intensity and fire in his eyes as any other guy on this team.

AquaticBirdman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Let's put it into perspective - in the entire NHL, there are only 2 guys within 17 points of Geno's 93 points. That's pretty impressive.
Impressive is an understatement. He's been flat out DOMINANT.

AquaticBirdman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
Amazing stats aside, what often goes overlooked about Geno, and still bugs the hell out of me till this day, is that his work ethic is still often overlooked. A lot of ignorant people still get caught up in the whole "Russians are lazy and arrogant" stigma, and I have no doubt that there are alot of people that place the same ridiculous stereotype on Geno. Needless to say though the man is an absolute workhorse on the ice every single shift, at BOTH ends! We often applaud Sid for his work ethic, but if you ask me I don't think Geno is far behind either, as he plays with just as much intensity and fire in his eyes as any other guy on this team.
He's guilty of doing fly-bys on the defensive side of things, even now. But his ability to read the play allows him to get away with that more often than not.

My hope is that he finds the proper balance between the high risk/high reward play and when to make the simple chip out of the zone or dump in at the end of a long shift.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I've been tracing how Neal got on this team because I have no job. It starts when Pens sign Jeff Norton as a UFA in 2000 when James Neal is 12 years old. The Pens then traded Norton for Johan Hedberg in 2001. In 2003 the Pens traded Hedberg to the Vancouver Canucks for a 2nd round pick. With that 2nd round pick in the 2004 NHL entry draft the Penguins selected Alex Goligoski. In 2011 the Pens traded Goligoski for James Neal & Matt Niskanen.

eXile59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
GLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I've been tracing how Neal got on this team because I have no job. It starts when Pens sign Jeff Norton as a UFA in 2000 when James Neal is 12 years old. The Pens then traded Norton for Johan Hedberg in 2001. In 2003 the Pens traded Hedberg to the Vancouver Canucks for a 2nd round pick. With that 2nd round pick in the 2004 NHL entry draft the Penguins selected Alex Goligoski. In 2011 the Pens traded Goligoski for James Neal & Matt Niskanen.
i have a job and have plenty of spare t ime here, but i dont think i would have gone to that length to go that far with it!

however thats impressive digging. crazy how things work out. nice find!

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:12 PM
SundanceKid

Quote:
Awesome

SundanceKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM
WickedWrister

Now do the timelines of Joel Kwiatowski and Micky Dupont

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:06 PM
SirBrad

I'm really bored today so I've been tracing how Sidney Crosby got on this team.

It's starts with the lockout and then ends with Gary Bettman conspiring to get the Pens the #1 draft pick in 2005. Other details are unknown and hidden behind sealed lips.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I'm really bored today so I've been tracing how Sidney Crosby got on this team.

It's starts with the lockout and then ends with Gary Bettman conspiring to get the Pens the #1 draft pick in 2005. Other details are unknown and hidden behind sealed lips.
Edmonton won the cup in 1987. Crosby was born in 1987. Edmonton traded Coffey soon after to the Pens, obviously at the behest of the NHL, along with lopsided trades for players like Tom Barrasso and Ron Francis. The birth of Crosby, the NHL conspiring to bring the Pens their first two cups in the early 90's, obviously the NHL has a long twisted plan to make the Pens dominate and to screw over other teams, particularly from NY and Philly. Starting with lopsided trades and planting a genetically enhanced cyber super baby into Mrs. Crosby.

How am I doing?

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:19 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Edmonton won the cup in 1987. Crosby was born in 1987. Edmonton traded Coffey soon after to the Pens, obviously at the behest of the NHL, along with lopsided trades for players like Tom Barrasso and Ron Francis. The birth of Crosby, the NHL wconspiring to bring the Pens their first two cups in the early 90's, obviously the NHL has a long twisted plan to make the Pens dominate and to screw over other teams, particularly from NY and Philly. Starting with lopsided trades and planting a genetically enhanced cyber super baby into Mrs. Crosby.

How am I doing?
What's a 1987???

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
I firmly believe it's part of the mentality here mostly with Sid showing the way. Sid's work ethic has rubbed off on everyone here. Geno said as much in an interview after the Ranger game last week. That they see how much Sid works off ice, during practices etc. Plug in a guy like Mike Kadar and it's really become part of being a Penguin. Theres a reason Lovejoy can just get plugged in and doesn't look too out of place. Kadar and the staff really do a great job.

SidTheKid8787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

To think if we never signed Jeff Norton there would be no James Neal on the Pens.

Old
03-21-2012, 05:26 PM
catdaddy
Maatasaurus Rex

Quote:
To think if we never signed Jeff Norton there would be no James Neal on the Pens.
I always thought the Norton signing would be great for the Pens. But doesn't this really start with Chris Joseph not working out?

Note: seriously cool research on your part eXile59

catdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Snooki Stackhouse

Quote:
I did some research to figure out what the hell you were talking about... it's very interesting how forgettable transactions can blossom into the perfect long term solution at wing.

Snooki Stackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:40 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooki Stackhouse View Post
I did some research to figure out what the hell you were talking about... it's very interesting how forgettable transactions can blossom into the perfect long term solution at wing.
Yeah 9 times out of 10 they are forgettable but ever once & a while something like a 2nd round pick for a goalie gets you set for the future. Most the time you get a CPZ though.

Old
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

I was looking into another one & Bortuzzo was the pick we got for Thorburn, which was originally the pick the Rangers sent with Dupuis to Atlanta.

Old
03-22-2012, 03:26 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
So what you're saying is, technically, we got James Neal and Matt Niskanen for free. Nice.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote