HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Steve MacIntyre goes nuts against Springfield

Old
03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Why was the ref holding that guy back while allowing MacIntyre to pound on his goalie? What a terrible job by the ref.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Odinson

I'd really like to see what actually set this off.

Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

The goalie only has his teams tough guy to blame for this.

Can't wait till Thursday you can bet Smashintyre will be in the lineup for Sids return hopefully his suspension won't carry over.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 04:51 PM
PartyatMarios

After it all, the funny part is the equipment guy giving him a pat on the ass as he heads to the locker room.

PartyatMarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

4 games for MacIntyre.

Quite frankly, I've never seen or heard of him snapping like that. He's generally a straight up fight by the code guy.

As far as Amadio, he's no Louis Robitaille, but he's a typical chicken**** kind of player who slaps people in the back of the head and skates away trying to draw retaliation.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So umm...what was the name of that one WBS player going crazy???

I didn't catch the name???
steve something.

i watched with the sound on and thought the announcer was getting paid every time he said "steve macintyre".

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Medium Rare*

and we thought the NHL was bad with suspensions

http://theahl.com/ahl-announces-suspension-p176581

only 4 games

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
and we thought the NHL was bad with suspensions

http://theahl.com/ahl-announces-suspension-p176581

only 4 games
only 4? Thats at least 3 too much.

Old
03-14-2012, 01:21 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
Unbelievable even 4 people couldn't stop him from throwing it down. If this guy comes to the KHL like the OP mentioned Vityaz is in for some serious pain.

Anyway others are losing their mind more often something must have pissed him off in a huge way otherwise he is not the type of guy doing that.

Maybe 2 games but I doubt its worth a suspension.
The difference between Mac and the KHL tough guys is that he's the real deal and they're only badasses when jumping guys who are just trying to play an honest skill game. When they try to be badasses against a real tough guy like Mac, the results are not pretty.

Last edited by billybudd: 03-14-2012 at 01:51 PM.
billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 114
Notice how not one player on his bench taps there stick or says anything when he skated by?

To me that says they didn't approve of what he was up to.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 09:42 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

I assume it is frustration with his career plight. the way the league is heading, the fact that it is post trading deadline and he is still in the minors.

Big Mac's NHL career was likely over before that display and I am sure that realization pushed him ove the edge.

Don't worry fans of AHL monster fighters, John Scott will be there to fill the role soon enough.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
StrongIslanders90

Roid rage?

I love the fact that hes part off the all high and mighty and always classy Pens organization.....Mario must have known Shero signed him......Guys like him and Gilles should just fight eachother in the AHL imo......

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 10:31 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Notice how not one player on his bench taps there stick or says anything when he skated by?

To me that says they didn't approve of what he was up to.
Good point, I noticed that as well. We've all done some stupid stuff in our hockey careers..and as someone who played for almost 20 years and has now officiated almost 10 and coached for 3, I've seen a lot of crap like this and try not to overreact and blow up over every little incident. On this one however, I'm gonna go as far as to call Macintyre a disgrace to the game. To me it looks like he's challenging an unwilling player at the face-off, doesn't get the response he wants so he cheap shots him. Than he proceeds to twice go after the other team's goalie and made several attempts to throw a linesmen off him as well. To the poster who didn't think this looked suspension worthy..please review the rules of hockey. I have respect for the role of the enforcer...but there's a code and Macintyre should know it as well as anyone. As someone who tried to play the game the right way it sickens me that joke like this get the chance to play with and ruin the careers of great hockey players.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Hawaiinleaf

You do realize he wanted to fight the goon who attacked one his players but he backed away, so Mac did the same thing there goon did..

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 11:35 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
You do realize he wanted to fight the goon who attacked one his players but he backed away, so Mac did the same thing there goon did..
Oh so it was premeditated...you do realize that makes it worse? It's one thing to go beserk and have the excuse that you just snapped...but if he was clearly retaliating over something else than that means he went out there with the full intent to do something stupid.

Also, you do realize that giving a player a nick name when defending them makes you seemed biased?

Old
03-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Also, you do realize that giving a player a nick name when defending them makes you seemed biased?
This is also the internet, where people are either A. Lazy or B. Use a nickname when they aren't sure if they are going to spell it right. Lord knows I use option B all the time.

Mika Zibina... Zibena....Zibanejad... Zibenajed.... **** it, his name is Zibs.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:18 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
This is also the internet, where people are either A. Lazy or B. Use a nickname when they aren't sure if they are going to spell it right. Lord knows I use option B all the time.

Mika Zibina... Zibena....Zibanejad... Zibenajed.... **** it, his name is Zibs.
You're right.

Old
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
markrander87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyatMarios View Post
After it all, the funny part is the equipment guy giving him a pat on the ass as he heads to the locker room.

I rewinded the Vid to take a second look at that.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
idk

I know this is going to be terribly unpopular here, but guys like Big Mac and idiotic stunts like this are why fighting is going to be gone from hockey in the near future.

Before you crucify me - hear me out. I'm not saying fighting doesn't have a role in this sport. I'm saying guys like MacIntyre don't have a role. Why? Because he's present for one reason and one reason only - to violate the rules in an effort to intimidate the opposition and gain an advantage on the ice.

In this instance he is reportedly upset that an opposing player was a little too rough with one of his players and wouldn't answer the bell. So far everything is above board AFAIC. He wants revenge (or rather he wants to send a warning shot across the enemy's bow to make sure they know that that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated). But then instead of doing the right thing (which I will elaborate on later) he goes nuts and just grabs people and starts throwing. In essence he's saying to the opposing player who is declining him "if you won't throw then I'm going to beat your entire team into oblivion" and Big Mac is big enough to carry out this threat. Even the linesmen can't control him. But by going nuts on anyone in a Springfield jersey he has given fighting a black eye. Because people will see that fight and use it as a rallying cry to stop fighting altogether.

What should he have done? He should have gone out and started returning the favour. You challenge the offender and when he declines - well then the bar is set. You do that to my guys and I'll do it right back to yours. Be a pity if all 6'5" of Steve Mac we're to plow all 5'10" of Matt Calvert into the end boards wouldn't it? Or hell, just punish Amadio - he gives up enough in size to Mac that he's going to hurt after every time they make contact. Eventually someone will have to answer the bell.

Of course Mac can't do this. He's a one dimensional guy. He can hit people with his fists, but he not really fast enough to actually check people. Which is why he did what he did. And why his type needs to be removed from the sport. You can either score goals, make passes, play well in your own end or deliver bone shattering bodychecks, but in my ideal NHL being able to punch just isn't enough.

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Ranger Angst

He would have been great in the 70's

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

I really don't know why people hate this guy so much. His job is to protect young guns and star players, period. SmackIntyre is getting paid good money to protect not to hit or score goals is it really so hard to accept?

If the Pens are smart they are going to recall him soon, which would give them BigMac, Engelland and Asham 3 players able to protect Crosby.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Man Bear Pig

That's what you refer to as a goon.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado