HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
03-21-2012, 12:12 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Tough to call idiot a guy who just won the Cup. Let just say that he is allowed a lot more mistakes and can have the benefit of the doubt. If things don't go well in a couple of more years and the Bruins don't progress as they are supposed to, then the idiot label will come back, don't worry. But I wouldn't use it now.
Well if the guy who won the Cup had Ryder for a few seasons and then let him go, and we had Ryder for a few seasons and then let him go, we must be on the right track.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:47 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Don't be surprised with the haters, this is like a part time job for them, spend lot of time (more than exercising, spending time with families, working) waiting for the right moment to bash AK. It is part of their life, is like a disease. They need help. Among them you see EI and social benefits recepients, people with no real jobs, etc.
Weren't you saying something along the lines of "how on montreal could akost be a third liner but on a good team like nashville is he a 1st liner? stupid gauthier!!11!!"

I guess he wasn't a 1st liner after all huh?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:53 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Weren't you saying something along the lines of "how on montreal could akost be a third liner but on a good team like nashville is he a 1st liner? stupid gauthier!!11!!"

I guess he wasn't a 1st liner after all huh?
I haven't had any point updates recently, how's he doing?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:55 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I haven't had any point updates recently, how's he doing?
better than Bourque, White, Geoffrion, Staubitz, Palushaj... and probably a few others.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:10 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
better than Bourque, White, Geoffrion, Staubitz, Palushaj... and probably a few others.
Could it be that he had a honeymoon period with the Preds and now he's back to regular ol' Brother Andrei?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...12012&view=log

Trotz kept him at 15, 15 and then 13 minutes and he didn't produce squat and then, last game (against a pathetic Edmonton team) he got 12:27 (!!!). We'll see how well and proactive he responds next game.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:08 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Could it be that he had a honeymoon period with the Preds and now he's back to regular ol' Brother Andrei?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...12012&view=log

Trotz kept him at 15, 15 and then 13 minutes and he didn't produce squat and then, last game (against a pathetic Edmonton team) he got 12:27 (!!!). We'll see how well and proactive he responds next game.
you mean the 45+ pts Andrei or the 4th line grinder Connie thought he was ?

Old
03-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well if the guy who won the Cup had Ryder for a few seasons and then let him go, and we had Ryder for a few seasons and then let him go, we must be on the right track.
He has a head start over us. He won the cup WITH Ryder....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is all too familiar with Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, who beat Boudreau's Washington team in the first round of the 2010 playoffs when Halak was in Montreal.

Asked if he has seen a better performance than that, Boudreau playfully replied, "Nope, and Iím still pissed at him for that.

"He got in that zone and he was incredible. Even the last game in St. Louis, I thought he was incredible. His leg save on (Saku) Koivu in the first period -- he kept it 0-0 -- had our guys shaking their heads."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=7733

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
He averaged less than 15 minutes per game in his three 2-points games so I think it's more about using him properly than using him a lot. I haven't watched the last few Preds games but I know he was getting PP time right away when he got there and let's just say that they have more offensive depth than the Habs do.

He's been playing on the third line recently with players with limited offensive upside and he hasn't been playing well in that situation. So yeah, it looks like more of the same. Now with Radulov back, who knows what his role will be?

I guess I'm one of these pumpers you're talking about but I never said AK would be a superstar in Nashville but I think he'll definitely do better than he did here.
Well he dropped into 12 minute category the last game, is -4 in the last five games going pointless.

Its not just role at that point. Coach is sending a message when its like that.

Its all about figuring out when he is on his game. If he is on his game you can play him in a top 6 role, if not, he is barely a third liner. It seems one or the other with Akosts and thats what prevented him from becoming a very good player in this league.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is all too familiar with Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak, who beat Boudreau's Washington team in the first round of the 2010 playoffs when Halak was in Montreal.

Asked if he has seen a better performance than that, Boudreau playfully replied, "Nope, and Iím still pissed at him for that.

"He got in that zone and he was incredible. Even the last game in St. Louis, I thought he was incredible. His leg save on (Saku) Koivu in the first period -- he kept it 0-0 -- had our guys shaking their heads."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=7733
Halak arguably played a part in Boudreau later losing his job, and Gainey/Gauthier keeping theirs.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:09 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Boston has a lot more offensive depth than we do. They average 3.12 goals per game, we average 2.50 goals per game.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Boston has a lot more offensive depth than we do. They average 3.12 goals per game, we average 2.50 goals per game.
And yet PG would rather have a guy like Blunden on the 4th line than Pouliot.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
PG is a bumbling fool.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
More 1st liners just like Akost. I never knew our team was full of 1st liners

Old
03-21-2012, 10:23 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
More 1st liners just like Akost. I never knew our team was full of 1st liners
and here I thought our fist line was Cole-DD-Pacc... silly me!

Old
03-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
We started the year with Cammy-AK-Gio-MaxPac-Cole-Eller-Plek-Gomez-DD. One of the last four was going to be used on the wing, so, winger depth was far from our problem.

Pouliot was not needed. He has no purpose on the 4th line. Really, there's so many things to criticize management on, we can let go of ''not re-signing Pouliot''.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We started the year with Cammy-AK-Gio-MaxPac-Cole-Eller-Plek-Gomez-DD. One of the last four was going to be used on the wing, so, winger depth was far from our problem.

Pouliot was not needed. He has no purpose on the 4th line. Really, there's so many things to criticize management on, we can let go of ''not re-signing Pouliot''.
That top 9 has now become Bourque-Leblanc-Blunden-MaxPac-Cole-Eller-Plek-White-DD.

For fun, lets say they had resigned Pouliot - he'd look better on our 3rd line than any of Blunden, Leblanc or White. Heck, they could have planned for a 4th line of White, Pouliot and Moen complimenting that top 9. Not a bad 4th line in perspective. But... injuries, trades,... we all know the sad story.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Halak arguably played a part in Boudreau later losing his job, and Gainey/Gauthier keeping theirs.
Yeah ole Brucey was supposed to have til the end of this season but upon reflecting on the 2009-2010 playoffs George Murphy decided to fire him back in November.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:58 PM
LeHab

Chipchura with his 3rd of the year...

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

Akost with another stunning 14minutes tonight but he finished at 0 in +/- so that definitly means he is 1st line material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
That top 9 has now become Bourque-Leblanc-Blunden-MaxPac-Cole-Eller-Plek-White-DD.

For fun, lets say they had resigned Pouliot - he'd look better on our 3rd line than any of Blunden, Leblanc or White. Heck, they could have planned for a 4th line of White, Pouliot and Moen complimenting that top 9. Not a bad 4th line in perspective. But... injuries, trades,... we all know the sad story.
Now pouliot the superstar is being whined about? The guy who fell over at the drop of a hat and took terrible penalties? I liked the guy but I wouldn't trade White, Leblanc or Blunden for him straight up.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:20 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Just like Martin let the world know how to defend Ovechkin and he hasn't been the same player since that series.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Chipchura with a beauty tonight. Having a really good season with the Yotes.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:14 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Chipchura with a beauty tonight. Having a really good season with the Yotes.
Chipchura might end up being a decent player.. Sadly he's the kind of guy you don't necessarily want to acquire with the draft (esp with a first rounder).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:20 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Chipchura might end up being a decent player.. Sadly he's the kind of guy you don't necessarily want to acquire with the draft (esp with a first rounder).
His development would have gone better if not for major injuries.

Fischer and Chipchura are the two Timmins 1st rounders who really didn't pan out, but they're aslso the two who had the most injuries, so I don't hold them against him.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Now pouliot the superstar is being whined about? The guy who fell over at the drop of a hat and took terrible penalties? I liked the guy but I wouldn't trade White, Leblanc or Blunden for him straight up.
Whined about? You're taking quite the liberties with the term "whining". Making an observation that he might have been a decent 4th line option is hardly whining.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote