HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers Game 73

Old
03-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeblink View Post
A Red Wings fan here, coming in peace..

I loved the game. The Wings got a point so it's better than nothing. Could've gone either way during the regulation already. I was certain that the puck would take a bad bounce off the boards during the last minute as Conks was spending so much time off his crease. I think that this matchup could be a very potential SCF matchup, if we even make the playoffs..

Anyway it was real intense especially during the 3rd and I just wanted to say that you were a tough opponent, liked it. Have a good rest of the season y'all!
No offense, I don't see your team making it to the SCF, even with Lindstrom back. Course, I am not totally sold its the Rangers year either.

I can't remember the last time we beat you guys, was it 1912?

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And by past few games you mean 2 or 3.

After being our best forward all season he gets some slack for me.
Yeah, I was referring to the past 2-3 games.

He'll be fine... Richie is just coming around now, so Gabby gets some slack from me too.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Henrik Lundqvist was terrible on that first goal, but man did he buckle down after that. Rangers first pair, imho, was terrible, particularly Dan Girardi who I thought was flat out abused tonight.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Eyeblink
The Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
No offense, I don't see your team making it to the SCF, even with Lindstrom back. Course, I am not totally sold its the Rangers year either.

I can't remember the last time we beat you guys, was it 1912?
Yeah well, I actually meant that it would be "potentially a great SCF matchup", more than "potential." It was just me being dumb.

I guess it doesn't hurt me if the Rangers beat us once every 100 years.

Eyeblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:48 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
A Red Wings fan here, coming in peace..

I loved the game. The Wings got a point so it's better than nothing. Could've gone either way during the regulation already. I was certain that the puck would take a bad bounce off the boards during the last minute as Conks was spending so much time off his crease. I think that this matchup could be a very potential SCF matchup, if we even make the playoffs..

Anyway it was real intense especially during the 3rd and I just wanted to say that you were a tough opponent, liked it. Have a good rest of the season y'all!

EDIT: A double post in separate threads. I'm dumb.
You guys had me ******** my pants every time you were in the offensive zone. Great game, Wings looked very deadly even with a third of the roster injured. Hope you guys do well in the playoffs (unless you play us in the finals! ), I'm sure you guys will bounce out of this rough patch pretty soon.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Its a MAJOR concern. Our scoring depth is starting to come, and he decides to coast.

I will tell you one thing, Kovalchuck doesn't pull that crap.
Dude, I think all I see you post is negative stuff about our players. You either have unrealistic expectations that each player will play up to your standards each and every game or at this point you're just looking for something negative to say.

I'm pretty sure last week you were ripping Boyle a new one for no apparent reason. You've gotta relax. The season is long players have down games/streaks.

As for Gaborik, it seems he plays worse when we play western conference teams. Tonight's sloppy play specifically can be attributed to the ice, and he didn't even play poorly! That goes for every player on the ice. Besides Richard's goal I didn't see one player controlling the puck well. Players were losing the puck the entire night. Despite the poor ice Gaborik was still able to create a decent amount of near goal chances. It's ridiculous you'd bring up trading him when he's clearly our most dynamic player and has statistically proven it the entire year (as well as wiping out the previous misconception that he is not clutch and only scores during easy teams, as A LOT of his goals have come at crucial points in games we've needed to win).

Stop complaining about every player we have.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Yeah well, I actually meant that it would be "potentially a great SCF matchup", more than "potential." It was just me being dumb.

Idk I think a healthy Wings team and a Rangers team on their A game are both extremely tough outs in the playoffs.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:

It's like Haley's comet.

One of these days when I'm old, senile, and decrepit, I'm going to tell my great-great-great-great grand kids that I saw the Rangers beat Detroit. I even saw their last power play goal.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

wtf? ppl questioning gabby? The guy has pretty much carried this team offensively the bulk of this season. hes been a PPG player for pretty much the entire year. he's been doing it night in and night out. I didnt think he was bad at all today, didnt get many chances to shoot, but did some good board work, and played very well.

ive got no complaints at all about Gabby.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Anyone have Pierre's interview with Cally yet?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
SnowblindNYR

So far through 6 games since the losing streak on this home stand the Rangers have played 4 great defensive games (even with the brain farts against Colorado I'll put that effort in the great echelon), 1 very good game (Canes game was good for the most part a little too many rushes against, but very good for the most part) and 1 horrible game (I don't think anyone needs to be told which one was this). I'm confident in saying that the Rangers' D is back! We should have had 2 straight shutouts too. If Hank regains form, I can see us going on one of our patented streaks 9-1-1 or something like that to end the season. I think that should be enough to clinch first and if it's not, then we need to tip our hats to Pitt.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Anyone have Pierre's interview with Cally yet?
The one where the first thing he asks him about is the Penguins? Stay classy Pierre

Old
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
JC704

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
Who do you think captains USA at the next Olympics (assuming NHL players go)?

Cally ? Parise ?
I would it give it to Kesler. I would give Parise the C, Cally an A and Kesler the other letter. Still a lot of great options to go around though. (Stastny, Yandle, Suter, Backes, Pavelski, D. Brown etc etc)

JC704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
wtf? ppl questioning gabby? The guy has pretty much carried this team offensively the bulk of this season. hes been a PPG player for pretty much the entire year. he's been doing it night in and night out. I didnt think he was bad at all today, didnt get many chances to shoot, but did some good board work, and played very well.

ive got no complaints at all about Gabby.
The only complaints I've had about Gabby the past 2-3 games was that he hasn't been as noticeable offensively (goals and assists).

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So far through 6 games since the losing streak on this home stand the Rangers have played 4 great defensive games (even with the brain farts against Colorado I'll put that effort in the great echelon), 1 very good game (Canes game was good for the most part a little too many rushes against, but very good for the most part) and 1 horrible game (I don't think anyone needs to be told which one was this). I'm confident in saying that the Rangers' D is back! We should have had 2 straight shutouts too. If Hank regains form, I can see us going on one of our patented streaks 9-1-1 or something like that to end the season. I think that should be enough to clinch first and if it's not, then we need to tip our hats to Pitt.
When winning 4 of 6 is considered by many to be "off" I think that tells you how good your team is.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
New Yawk Ranguhs
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The one where the first thing he asks him about is the Penguins? Stay classy Pierre
Being that we're in a tough division race with them, I don't see why he's wrong in asking about Pittsburgh...

New Yawk Ranguhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Being that we're in a tough division race with them, I don't see why he's wrong in asking about Pittsburgh...
I won't have their name mentioned in my captains presence, that's an insult to his Americanness.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Blueshirt Believer

The one thing I do want to say: Torts did a very good job pairing Staal and Bickel with puck moving Dmen.

I still think he may want to pair Bickel with DZ, and Staal with Erixon. Just so that there is atleast one guy with experience with each pairing. But this is good enough.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Henrik Lundqvist was terrible on that first goal, but man did he buckle down after that. Rangers first pair, imho, was terrible, particularly Dan Girardi who I thought was flat out abused tonight.
If a game where we allow 1 goal, 27 shots (25 in the first 60 minutes), not very many chances at all, is our first pairing D having a terrible game, then I can't wait till they play well.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Parise doesn't have leadership qualities like Callahan does, imo.

He will captain the 2014 team in Sochi.
Completely disagree. Parise is great captain material, a carbon copy of Cally but with more skill (while Cally does a bit more of the "sacrifice my body" type of work).

Old
03-21-2012, 10:04 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Gaborik made some risky plays in the 3rd period. I can deal with the one's in the offensive zone because I'm used to them. But some of his clearing attempts (or lack thereof) drove me a little nutty.

He wasnt that bad. The guy cant carry the team every night. I just think that teams are looking for that cross ice pass and playing him to shoot less.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:07 PM
MorrisWanchuk

I haven't noticed Erixon in his two games.

That is a very good thing - means he is doing his job effectively.

He may be here to stick.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
MorrisWanchuk

I also liked our 3rd line tonight. It felt like they were a legitimate scoring threat. This line up with balance across 4 lines is much better for the playoffs.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
I haven't noticed Erixon in his two games.

That is a very good thing - means he is doing his job effectively.

He may be here to stick.
Like I hoped for, he seems to be pulling a Girardi from 2007...which is exactly what we need from him at this point, and moving forward with him on our 3rd pair going into the playoffs.

Old
03-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

I looked it up.

The last time the Rangers beat the Red Wings was Oct 2003.

This is first time in Hanks career he has beaten the Red Wings.