HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your move, Washington

Old
03-22-2012, 12:09 AM
littletonhockeycoach

vCash: 500
G: Sabres good all around

B: Montreal coaching......... definite short timers behind that bench

U: You guys replaying the Healthly gals ad nauseaum.

It's bad enough I have to see it on TV as a commercial. If you insist on pasting those ladies into future threads, I shall be forced to counter with excessive sweating water flow gifs in an endless loop followed by knotted ropes being severed with a machete to simulate vein surgery.

Uh..... the real ugly is the Sabre's stat for ROW's

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:20 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
G: Sabres good all around

B: Montreal coaching......... definite short timers behind that bench

U: You guys replaying the Healthly gals ad nauseaum.

It's bad enough I have to see it on TV as a commercial. If you insist on pasting those ladies into future threads, I shall be forced to counter with excessive sweating water flow gifs in an endless loop followed by knotted ropes being severed with a machete to simulate vein surgery.

Uh..... the real ugly is the Sabre's stat for ROW's

Also regarding MTL coaching. Pulling the goalie with 3:30 left, down 3-0. That was... not something you see a lot, unless you are pushing for a playoff spot or something.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:21 AM
geniusgoalie

Was at the game.

G:
The clear stars of the game, Hodgson and Miller
Really noticed Sulzer tonight- I knew nothing about him before the trade but he strikes me as a very smart player
Pominville

B:
Vanek- he had moments but was not the consistent leader he is when he is on his game.
The missed calls

U:
I was in the Student Surge section, right next to the four guys who were responsible for many of the 'USA' chants, and it was much, much worse than that. I have to leave and I'll elaborate in the morning but it was truly shameful and ruined an otherwise excellent game for me (and several others who left their seats because of them).

geniusgoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:22 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post

Also regarding MTL coaching. Pulling the goalie with 3:30 left, down 3-0. That was... not something you see a lot, unless you are pushing for a playoff spot or something.
Yeah, I'm not really sure what Cunneyworth was going for there. Maybe he wants to send a message that he wants them to play hard and go after every game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:25 AM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:

You are going to make me own up to my threat eh? I'll have to get my kids working on this because I am barely able to cut and paste text much less advanced video/graphic work.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
Miller, CoHo, Ennis, Roy, and a couple of days in a row with out of town scoreboard help were all:

Really nothing stood out as:

Officiating, Montreal's end of game implosion, pulling the goalie with 4 mins left, and me stealing sba's joke were all:

You just became my favorite

GUISE.... Make these our themed avatars. Please.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:52 AM
SublimeNightmare

Send a message via Yahoo to SublimeNightmare
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
L-R-P was really clicking tonight, and Roy was driving a lot of it. I thought it was a really fun game, because it felt like our top 3 lines were legitimate scoring lines, and I haven't felt like that in a long time.
I felt the same. For the first time in a long time I felt confident watching the team. I couldn't wait for this or that line to get another shot out there to make something happen.

SublimeNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
The Good -

- Winning and seeing them move into 8th. Who'd a thunk it?

The Bad -

- Hey Shanny. Why is it a guy with priors as recent as last week can elbow a guy in the head and get just three games? What the **** man. Seriously. What. The. ****.

The Ugly -

- Keith's elbow on Sedin tonight. Yick. Dirty, dirty crap. But hey, the precedent is set. I'm sure he can fall back on what Doan just got...

03-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
You just became my favorite

GUISE.... Make these our themed avatars. Please.
<Insert Player> changes everything

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:06 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Love Pominville's backcheck to start the play leading to the 3rd goal - he didn't get on the scoresheet but completely created it with his effort getting back. For a guy like him who is probably one of the slower skaters in the league it really shows how much this season means to him...one of my favorite plays of the year.

lecherous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous View Post
Love Pominville's backcheck to start the play leading to the 3rd goal - he didn't get on the scoresheet but completely created it with his effort getting back. For a guy like him who is probably one of the slower skaters in the league it really shows how much this season means to him...one of my favorite plays of the year.
That was an excellent play, indeed, and no penalty.

BTW, at the risk of sounding dumb, I've been trying to figure out who the guy in your avatar is for a long time, and I give up. So, who is he? Also, I miss zombie Tallinder. Wasn't that you?

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 02:18 AM
cybresabre
Zemgus!

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
You are going to make me own up to my threat eh? I'll have to get my kids working on this because I am barely able to cut and paste text much less advanced video/graphic work.
extremely lo-fi rush jobber

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:52 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
G:

Hodgson. Finally this dude is playing like he belongs in the NHL again. Sweet move off the board to bring about his first goal. Great passing as well.

Miller. Yeah, 14-1-3 and rolling....

Roy has been playing some good hockey, tonight included.

Pomminville continues to lead.

Great to see Big 57 back on skates.

Tropp, great hustle.

B:

The refs....wait, did they use refs tonight?

Sekera, he was ok, but he seemed lost with the puck.

U:

If ever there was a good reason to ban HD technology it is: Randy Cunneyworth and whoever that other abomination is standing next to him behind the bench. I almost threw up in my mouth, those dudes fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down and then got run over by a Zamboni.

The crowd. At around the 4:30 mark of the 1st a woman around the age of 132 was giving it to Leino pretty good. I could make out the words, "you bum!" at the end. She was pretty much the rowdiest fan in attendance. Pretty sure Buffalo is not feeling the playoff push at all. And a guy yawned in the second. Not very loud at all, even the boobirds were quiet.
HE DID WHAT????????

Get the **** out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
I think this says it all:

Noureen DeWulf ‏ @noureendewulf: MILLERRRTIIMME !!! (also what I say right before we get in bed #Sabres #shutout
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
And forever more this is what will pop into my head when I hear that phrase.
barf. Me too. Damn.

The self-proclaimed "most patient Vanek fan '02 - evs" (me) is growing tired of this ****. He can play so much better than this and we all know it. Painfully. Forget the lack of production - he has had his ebbs and flows in prior seasons - its the laziness that's driving me ****ing nuts with him this year, moreso as of late. Hesitates after a mistake or missed opportunity to sulk, refuses to stop and start...

Godson looked the part tonight. He was buzzing.

Last edited by jBuds: 03-22-2012 at 07:40 AM.
jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:13 AM
CrankyJay

G: Hodgson, Miller, Roy, (Ennis full on hugging Miller after the game )

U: The spear on Vanek, the awful reffing.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:16 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous View Post
Pommer is one of he slower skaters in the league? How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post
Yeah, I'm not really sure what Cunneyworth was going for there. Maybe he wants to send a message that he wants them to play hard and go after every game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
As bad as the sabres are with the opposing goalie pulled I thought it was a great move.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:

I thought it was odd when I saw it. I almost wondered if a loss last night would mathematically eliminate them, and if that had something to do with it.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
G
Hodgson
Miller
Roy

B
Miller was getting hit, no response

U
Vanek slashing the Habs players stick with his balls. Terrible call.
The Slash was the right call. He did come down on his stick over the top.

The non-call on the spear, is a different story

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:25 AM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Sulzer reminds me of JP DUmont. DUmont was a throw in Gilmour trade and ended up a top 6 for us.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Skelley

Was at the game last night, I loved Hodgson's game and was glad he finally got some goals. On top of that tho it just seemed like he was all over the ice last night, could have had another one or two even. Hopefully this will mark the start of many successful years in Buffalo.

Skelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Sulzer reminds me of JP DUmont. DUmont was a throw in Gilmour trade and ended up a top 6 for us.

Dumont was not a throw in. Regier has said before that he held out until JP was in the deal.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Wisent42

G: A solid win, confident play. Feels like the guys have some trust in eachother again and can move the puck around and get pressure in the offensive zone. Nice to see Hodgson scoring.

B: The refs were simple horrible.

U: Subban. Ugliest name in the league. Means "the b*tch" in Swedish. Yes, it's true.

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelley View Post
Was at the game last night, I loved Hodgson's game and was glad he finally got some goals. On top of that tho it just seemed like he was all over the ice last night, could have had another one or two even. Hopefully this will mark the start of many successful years in Buffalo.
The biggest takeaway for me in the win over Tampa was Hodgson's multi-point game. It looked like those points got the monkey off his back and gave him some confidence. Then to get the #1 star last night in front of his home fans had to buoy his confidence to even greater heights. We need everyone to be playing well down the stretch, especially him.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
G:

The crowd. At around the 4:30 mark of the 1st a woman around the age of 132 was giving it to Leino pretty good. I could make out the words, "you bum!" at the end. She was pretty much the rowdiest fan in attendance. Pretty sure Buffalo is not feeling the playoff push at all. And a guy yawned in the second. Not very loud at all, even the boobirds were quiet.
Seriously? I was the game and the crowd was great and the Canadiens fans were there but not heard from all noght. The crowd roared for Cody twice. I have to believ you watched the game on tv because I think the crowd was excellent overall. One of the better ones this season.

beerme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Seriously? I was the game and the crowd was great and the Canadiens fans were there but not heard from all noght. The crowd roared for Cody twice. I have to believ you watched the game on tv because I think the crowd was excellent overall. One of the better ones this season.

I watched the game on TV and the crowd was good.....maybe hes just used to college football games or european soccer atmosphere

Endless is offline   Reply With Quote